The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Better Choices. Better Life.

Anything related to matters of the mind

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
514%
Jul 9, 2018
NOTE: This is for those who want to time travel to the past and change some of the choices they made in life.

I closed my eyes and asked God to make me 18 again.

Why?

At 24 now, I am not happy about where I am in life. So, I want to go back and change some of the choices I made earlier.

I was waiting for Him to answer my prayer.

In the meantime, I took a piece of paper and split the page into two. On the left side, I wrote habits/choices and on the right, 50.

On the habits/choices side, I wrote all the habits/choices (heavily influenced by instant gratification) I was making now.

Meh, the list looked uninspiring and dull.

Moving on to the other side, I wrote how my life will be at 50 if I still continue to make those choices. I took a step further and closed my eyes, began to visualize what I wrote.

F*cking shit. My life was so mediocre that even the word mediocre would feel offended. I opened my eyes immediately.

I never want to see that again, never.

A few moments passed and then it hit me. It has come. My answer has arrived.

I closed my eyes again and saw the 50-year-old Roz, on a 10-minute break from his 9-5 asking God to make him 24 again so that he would change some of his choices.

Now, a fresh paper and new habits to list and live.

We are the past that our future asked for so he/she could make better choices.

P.S.

I would like to leave you with the following line from the book, The Antidote, with more emphasize on the second statement.

Imagine you are eighty. Complete the sentences ‘I wish I’d spent more time on…’ and ‘I wish I’d spent less time on…’

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Time travel is among the rarest, and most valuable, skills. See the past leading up to the present. Create the future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.