The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Attempting to Build A Productocracy [Niche > Problem > Pre-sell > Solution]

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 4

I had to finish a lot of tasks that cost 10 hours. So an Emergency task. Ended up with these for the day-
Daily goal: pick a niche using criteria. Contact 10 people on their problems in that niche. Contact the top 10 in the industry for an interview. Learn copy as well.
(1) $100K - $1 million Revenue/profits a year ( Meaning a market size of around $40 million nationwide)
(2) High value industry where the number of businesses nationwide is 30K-50K (Or more).
(3) They have less than 25 employees
(4) Growth rate.
(5) Sell products in the $1000 price basket.
(In Nigeria)
Industries that get me excited(5)
Pets, Lawyer, web design,Restaurants, Beauty Salons, veterinarians, Marketing, Dentists
Pets-
(1) $211 million in 2019 | $99 billion in the US
(2) 2k- 18K
(3) ✅
(4) CAGR of 3.5% from 2020 to 2025
(5) Prices can range from $200- $3000 For dogs
Lawyer-
  1. | $319.7bn (US)
(2) Over 2000 law firms | 433,497
(3) 9
(4) 0.6%
(5) Prices range from $255 to $520 (Possibly even thousands) for law firms. (NGN) Attorneys who have a two-year experience or less (entry-level) usually make 181.82 - 218.18 monthly. While someone else with a three to five-year (mid-level) legal skill is expected to earn at least 363.64 per month (Yeesh, $2,521 a year). (US) Lawyers made a median salary of $122,960 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $186,350 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $80,950. (NGN)
GOAL NOT REACHED
web design-
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
web development-
Restaurants-
Logistics-
Beauty Salons-
Dentists-
veterinarian-
Personal Thoughts
Keep an extremely open mind in learning these things and the journey will be a lot smoother.
Huge market + people wanting to buy when you describe the idea to them + knowing how to reach your audience + knowing what gets your audience to buy. Provide the shovels, don't mine for gold.
----
Goal failed. Trying again tomorrow. Also, so sad that are countries lawyers are paid so low.
Day 5
Currently also working on an internship. Before I start calling 10 people for their problems I need to select the niche, I've got some good ideas for the top industries in the country. Web dev, Web design, Restaurants, Marketing(SEO, etc), Hotels, Lawyers, and real estate. But the one that caught my eye the most was eccomerce web development. They charge in the $1k range and the number of employees doesn't seem that much. Feel something is coming up, log end.

---

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 5
Currently also working on an internship. Before I start calling 10 people for their problems I need to select the niche, I've got some good ideas for the top industries in the country. Web dev, Web design, Restaurants, Marketing(SEO, etc), Hotels, Lawyers, and real estate. But the one that caught my eye the most was eccomerce web development. They charge in the $1k range and the number of employees doesn't seem that much. Feel something is coming up, log end.

---
Just finalised picking my niche today. Will start emailing or meeting those in the niche tomorrow hopefully . I've also noticed that most of their websites are so poor looking compared to international markets own, perhaps I've already found an early problem they face.

Criteria-
(1) $100K - $1 million Revenue/profits a year ( Meaning a market size of around $40 million nationwide)
(2) High value industry where the number of businesses nationwide is 30K-50K (Or more).
(4) Growth rate.

Digital Marketing
(1) $270m. The market's largest segment is Search Advertising with a projected market volume of US$153m in 2021. (SEO)
(2) ✅ (Probably yes)
(3) 2-10 employees
(4) ✅ Screenshot 2021-06-03 at 11.56.00 PM.png
(5) The average cost for digital marketing services in 2020 ranges from N50,000 to N350,000 per month.

Also realised that Nigerians don't actually earn so low in the $2000 range, it's all about their connections and how they market themselves as well.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Just finalised picking my niche today. Will start emailing or meeting those in the niche tomorrow hopefully . I've also noticed that most of their websites are so poor looking compared to international markets own, perhaps I've already found an early problem they face.

Criteria-
(4) Growth rate.

Digital Marketing
(1) $270m. The market's largest segment is Search Advertising with a projected market volume of US$153m in 2021. (SEO)
(2) ✅ (Probably yes)
(3) 2-10 employees
(4) ✅ View attachment 38279
(5) The average cost for digital marketing services in 2020 ranges from N50,000 to N350,000 per month.

Also realised that Nigerians don't actually earn so low in the $2000 range, it's all about their connections and how they market themselves as well.

Criteria-
(4) Growth rate.

Digital Marketing
(2) ✅ (Probably yes)
(3) 2-10 employees
(4) ✅ View attachment 38279

Day 7

Talked to a bunch of digital marketers about their problems with finding leads and contacting them. About 5 in all.

The problems I found were-
Finding clients consistently is hard
Messaging them is easy, but
Getting the contact info of the providers is hard
Leads repeating or overlapping
Checking quality of content providers is medium hard
Mail address might not be available and exhausting to do so many
Leads drying up
Don’t use Instagram because you have to message them which takes time

“sometimes all the resources are exhausted and it feels like there is no place left to look for new leads”
Cost- 2-4 hours a day to find leads

Time cost of finding leads- 3 hrs on average for 50 leads

Looking for more data tomorrow. Log end. 4 hours. This is getting fun.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 8

Fixing and making a web scraper based on some requirements- 7 hours

I'll start the plan properly today/tomorrow. Just needed to get my feet wet in solving such problems and gaining feedback.

Tomorrow's goal: Contact 5 digital marketers, and ask for their problems.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 8

Fixing and making a web scraper based on some requirements- 7 hours

I'll start the plan properly today/tomorrow. Just needed to get my feet wet in solving such problems and gaining feedback.

Tomorrow's goal: Contact 5 digital marketers, and ask for their problems.
Day 9

Finished making the web scraper and hoping to sell it to a company. Now I CAN start putting in the work into this plan. - 7 hours

Contacted 5 digital marketers in the field- 50 minutes

Awaiting their responses.

Log out

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
This is the template young Edgar is using to email them.

Dear NAME,

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. My name is Edgar King and I'm a budding entrepreneur looking to help people like you.

I'd love just a few minutes of your time, to understand what your challenges are in your profession to see if I can help.

Thanks,
Edgar King
---
Too blunt? Too fast? Let me know what you think! Thanks!
----
For the remaining half-

Dear NAME,

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. My name is Edgar King and I was wondering if you'd be interested in an interview to discuss your best and marketing strategies for others to hear about. You'd be my first interviewee ever! Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Edgar King
----
UPDATE on the web scraper
I built a web scraper that could help to easily find leads on Instagram pages for this company I thought it would help. Unfortunately, I guess it bombed. I presented it to 3 of the employees that worked for the company and only 1/3 expressed great interest in the product. In that sense, it was a learning experience and that's still pretty cool!

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 9

Finished making the web scraper and hoping to sell it to a company. Now I CAN start putting in the work into this plan. - 7 hours

Contacted 5 digital marketers in the field- 50 minutes

Awaiting their responses.

Log out
Day 10

Wow! We are already 11% there?! I have to step up my game! Emailed 5 more marketers today and downloaded mail track so I can measure responses. Also, spent time learning copywriting - 3 hours

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Hey Edgar, I'm sure it feels like you are talking into the void right now but I just wanted to let you know we are reading and your energy and attitude is inspiring! Keep up the good work and good luck!

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Hey Edgar, I'm sure it feels like you are talking into the void right now but I just wanted to let you know we are reading and your energy and attitude is inspiring! Keep up the good work and good luck!
Thank you! Fight on! Fight on!

alfosua

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jun 3, 2021
Great enthusiasm! A little question, what's your tech stack? I assume you work with Python or something like Shell/Bash on Linux. I wonder knowing it, long ago I was practising web scrapping, though just for fun purposes.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Great enthusiasm! A little question, what's your tech stack? I assume you work with Python or something like Shell/Bash on Linux. I wonder knowing it, long ago I was practising web scrapping, though just for fun purposes.
So before the web scraper, after being a computer student for 1 year I knew python, java, flask, html and css. I'm a Macboi as one would say XD. After the web scraper, I learned about web drivers and how to integrate Selenium with it. Yeah, it was pretty fun to make it! Might be my first business failure though :)

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 10

Wow! We are already 11% there?! I have to step up my game! Emailed 5 more marketers today and downloaded mail track so I can measure responses. Also, spent time learning copywriting - 3 hours
Day 9-10 Results

Yay! I got 1 connection on Linkedin accepted, the CEO and founder! Unfortunately, mail strategies seem to be ineffective. Linkedin allows the bypassing of barriers to them. Optimising strategy. Although some Linkedin accounts, can't be connected by an outside individual. There's a way, I just need to find it.

Possible Answer (From a Quora post)
Get them to know me first.
  • How to get someone to know me:
  • Engage on their content on LinkedIn and be sure they engage back
  • Engage with them in a LinkedIn Group
  • Get a mutual connection to send them an email, copy me on the message and introduce me to them.
  • Meet them someone where IRL (In Real Life)
  • Engage with them on another social media platform
I don't need to reinvent the wheel and fail unnecessarily, so one should leverage already existing resources instead of starting from scratch.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Alright, so someone just agreed to an interview (almost) and I neither have a website or an insta and now I have to make one and I literally know nothing about the industry, like almost zero XD. so wish me luck in this interview, I'll comment about the results soon.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 11
Day 10

Ok, today I set out to contact 10 digital marketer businesses today, learn more about cold calling and follow up on anyone that replied - 6 hours.

I've settled for asking for an interview approach, because coming out and just asking someone randomly for their problem is weird! XD They'll think I'm a crazy pumpkin.

One of the marketer founders has inquired about the interview. I've copied the approach and will replicate it for the others.

This is what I used:

Dear NAME,

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. My name is Edgar King and I was wondering if a representative of your digital marketing department could join me for a short interview to discuss your best sales and marketing strategies for others to hear about. Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Edgar King

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 12

Took today as my rest day (In the original docs, one day of rest is allowed maximum in the early stages per week. I can't even edit it anymore XD. )
Day 11

Ok, today I set out to contact 10 digital marketer businesses today, learn more about cold calling and follow up on anyone that replied - 6 hours.

I've settled for asking for an interview approach, because coming out and just asking someone randomly for their problem is weird! XD They'll think I'm a crazy pumpkin.

One of the marketer founders has inquired about the interview. I've copied the approach and will replicate it for the others.

This is what I used:

Dear NAME,

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. My name is Edgar King and I was wondering if a representative of your digital marketing department could join me for a short interview to discuss your best sales and marketing strategies for others to hear about. Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Edgar King

There was a bad power outage for a long time so I've learned next time I should leave my computer charged and finish tasks as soon as possible.

For day 13, (Today), I'm planning on scanning these companies pages for possible leaks in problems or goals they may have, building a brand from this- NOTABLE! - Lex DeVille's: How to Build a Kickass 4-Step Brand, create an instagram page based on that brand, create a website based on that brand, and then emailing the marketers I research for today. Check this out to choose your colour palette for your brand- Coolors. Lock in black and white, and then your main colours and then just choose the rest of the colours that match.

Also, PLEASE, don't go to people and ask directly what are your problems, literally!

Check this out- NOTABLE! - I emailed 40 local organisations asking what their problems and frustrations are

I did this by email and received zerrrooooo responses and even tried it in real life, it barely works the way you want it too. Asking has to be specific and before you do that, you must provide value and only then do they have incentive to answer this easy question.

Since I can't edit my main thread post, the way I'm doing this currently is through interviews. Which digital marketer doesn't want exposure right? Which digital marketer doesn't want to be labelled an expert in his field and receive free linking to their business page? None! (Unless they have some super duper special scenario I don't know about). So offer value first, before even asking this question, and do let it be natural.

To make up for my robotic way of talking to people, and to use my strengths of public speaking, asking about their biggest problem in an interview setting is best for me! The only problem with this approach is that it takes time to schedule, and publish it. Right now, I'm aiming to do it once per week, but who knows I might double down on it.

Bug out (Log out, you know? Ladybug and Catnoir )

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 12

Took today as my rest day (In the original docs, one day of rest is allowed maximum in the early stages per week. I can't even edit it anymore XD. )

There was a bad power outage for a long time so I've learned next time I should leave my computer charged and finish tasks as soon as possible.

For day 13, (Today), I'm planning on scanning these companies pages for possible leaks in problems or goals they may have, building a brand from this- NOTABLE! - Lex DeVille's: How to Build a Kickass 4-Step Brand, create an instagram page based on that brand, create a website based on that brand, and then emailing the marketers I research for today.

Also, PLEASE, don't go to people and ask directly what are your problems, literally!

Check this out- NOTABLE! - I emailed 40 local organisations asking what their problems and frustrations are

I did this by email and received zerrrooooo responses and even tried it in real life, it barely works the way you want it too. Asking has to be specific and before you do that, you must provide value and only then do they have incentive to answer this easy question.

Since I can't edit my main thread post, the way I'm doing this currently is through interviews. Which digital marketer doesn't want exposure right? Which digital marketer doesn't want to be labelled an expert in his field and receive free linking to their business page? None! (Unless they have some super duper special scenario I don't know about). So offer value first, before even asking this question, and do let it be natural.

To make up for my robotic way of talking to people, and to use my strengths of public speaking, asking about their biggest problem in an interview setting is best for me! The only problem with this approach is that it takes time to schedule, and publish it. Right now, I'm aiming to do it once per week, but who knows I might double down on it.

Bug out (Log out, you know? Ladybug and Catnoir )
Day 13
Follow up with email contacts ✅
Learn copy ✅
Form a brand ✅
Create instagram page based on brand ✅
Aw yeah! My first interview is tomorrow so wish me luck.
Hours - 4 hours
MMLogo.png
This logo is looking fly if I do say so myself ;) I've gone for a hero theme! Where marketing heroes are born, is the slogan.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Note On Speed and going even faster on this route

Now while it would take about 9 months irrationally to get this up and running, that's just an unnecessarily long time for just launching something. Ice cream man made that No industry, No money thread in the perspective that one wouldn't have money at all but there are faster ways.

You don't have to wait to interview 50 people every week to them the hardest problem they're dealing with at work right now. You can probably do 4 interviews a week and just store them for later data extraction, and then post on your page/website each week. This would take about 3 months and by then a main pain point should emerge.

To go even faster and more reliably, you should couple this with forums where your industry hangs out online. You can then try to develop relationships with members or you can mine their problems from forum posts. Since this is even easier, try to mine for at least 4 problems from your niche every day to extract the data. Doing this for a month coupled with the interview approach should make the main problem bolder and stronger than ever before. Doing this for 2 months should be enough to start something feasible to be honest. Thinking of taking this approach.

So in addition to booking for interviews hopefully 4 week by emailing 10 marketers a day, I'll be scanning for 4 problems voiced by other marketers every day. With this, I am now going to launch I'm going to do this process for the next 50 days. So the problem finding phase will end on day 64. After which, I will then jump into the solution phase of the plan.

Log out.

Last edited:

Ziiell

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
May 16, 2021
Singapore
Really happy for you to have gotten a first interview!! :somber: Hope it would be/was fruitful (not sure what time will/did the interview happen when you see this message).

Which digital marketer doesn't want exposure right? Which digital marketer doesn't want to be labelled an expert in his field and receive free linking to their business page?

I totally agree with you that everybody wants more exposure. Were you worried that it would be hard to get someone to agree to do an interview with you though? Especially like for example, if I do not have an existing audience to provide the exposure for the marketers/businesses, how should I build the confidence to make someone want to be interviewed by me?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Really happy for you to have gotten a first interview!! :somber: Hope it would be/was fruitful (not sure what time will/did the interview happen when you see this message).

I totally agree with you that everybody wants more exposure. Were you worried that it would be hard to get someone to agree to do an interview with you though? Especially like for example, if I do not have an existing audience to provide the exposure for the marketers/businesses, how should I build the confidence to make someone want to be interviewed by me?
Yooo, thanks! And I'm so glad it's helping you too men! I've actually just done my first interview today and I think it went awesome! If I do go back to him to discuss his problems, he'll be much more likely to tell me all about it. I gave him value: We had a good time, I'm giving him free exposure and helping his company in the little way I can. He'll want to give me value back now as I'm not a total stranger, so I can ask him for his problem in depth as well if I ever need too.

"Were you worried that it would be hard to get someone to agree to do an interview with you though?"

Not specifically, but there were a whole lot other things I was afraid off. Messing up the interview, messing up the messages, messing up, messing up etc Fear. But you know, you've got to use fear as your compass here. Sure I was scared in the moment, but I knew as I've always known and seen, those things which make us afraid to do (That lead to a better future) always expands the boundaries of what we can do, what we can be. It leads to growth. And then, I just leaped for it.

It's ok to just jump in and be like a dying fish in the first few moments, that's ok. Once you keep flopping and breathing for air in your new environment, you'll evolve and grow legs. You'll stand, but your legs could be too weak, you may fall. You'll grow stronger legs, but the air you breathe may be too little, so you evolve. You fail, you evolve, you fail, you evolve. Act > Fail > Assess > Adjust.

A motivator I use is that I've made a nice little checklist of what I have to do for the day.
Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 5.50.10 PM.png
I personally cannot easily stand seeing things incomplete if I have to complete them, and every tick feels so satisfying it moves me unto the next tick, and the next tick regardless of my fears. Keep moving, or walking, or crawling, to the light and I promise you will find it.

I also didn't have an existing audience. I'm also literally starting from zero. But they're out there, you just need to go out and find them! On Linkedin, online (google search your niche), etc etc. Now, just go there and give them value.

Here's a sample template I used-
Dear NAME,

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. My name is Edgar King and I was wondering if you'd be interested in an interview to discuss your best sales and marketing strategies for others to hear about. You'd be my first interviewee ever! Let me know if you're interested!

Thanks,
Edgar King

And bingo! The person asked for details of the interview and I gave them. I'm mostly winging it though as I like to focus only on what I really need to do.

You don't have to show them you personally are confident. You just have to give them confidence in the value you give them.

Focus on step 2 and then 3. Don't start looking at step 64 in detail. Observe the bigger picture and just know where it's going, and if it's taking you to where you want to be. Then adjust the plan as necessary.

Hope this helps bud!

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Following

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 13
Follow up with email contacts ✅
Learn copy ✅
Form a brand ✅
Create instagram page based on brand ✅
Aw yeah! My first interview is tomorrow so wish me luck.
Hours - 4 hours
View attachment 38390
This logo is looking fly if I do say so myself ;) I've gone for a hero theme! Where marketing heroes are born, is the slogan.
Day 14

Supercharge plan to get to market faster ✅

Practice and get ready for interview ✅

Follow up with the interviewed on links they should provide ✅

Create Youtube Channel : ✅
Logo, About section
Youtube banner
Follow up with marketers who requested it

Follow up with these marketers online for the interview ✅

Email 10 marketers for an interview ✅

Results
I had my first interview today! I was still so shocked the moment he entered the room and he was in such a bad mood. By the time we finished talking he was so much happier and I feel I made a great impression on him.

The moment he was spewing his problems in the industry about problems with automation in the industry, I could not believe my ears. I was like, 'Wait, *zoom in on eyes* this is actually happening!' I have another interview tomorrow at 3pm and built a youtube channel on it.

I also surfed the different platforms of where the marketers hang out, so I will start scanning those for problems tomorrow. All in all, great day... except for the part where instagram deleted my account for no reason. I had to delete that on my end and create a whole new account.

Log out

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Actionable guide to finding Profitable and Proven Problems To Solve

So I've done more research into problem finding and just needed to put this out. You don't need to look to build something from scratch, in fact if there are no competitors in your market then there probably is no market.

Here's the actionable approach I've gathered from some guides on how to do it properly.

Problems are: Negatives of life that others have talked about in some way. On the news, on forums, on google, etc. (I'm using this from the perspective of other people, not you).

When people have problems, they ask questions. Either through a forum or online.

Find the industry

Use Linkedin's Industry selector to find industries that do exist and you want to go for.
Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 6.22.33 PM.png
Or go here for the industries ranked- LinkedIn Industries List, Rankings and Statistics [October 2019]

The niche- You can niche down by industry – by serving business that all offer the same (or very similar) services – like Dentists. I believe this is the best definition for niching down.

Go to a forum like Quora, check the industry or niche or lucrative space you want to go into.

Sort the questions by answer that are recent and you should have questions that people are looking for. Go into problem questions that have many answers on them (About 15 at least).

A). Then use answer the public to find what people are asking about with this question. Then use those questions to find even more topics and see what people are already talking about. This will help you see the different ways the problems are solved, finding out where they are good and where they are bad.

B).Scan the answers for mentions of tools, or products used to rectify the problem. Check them online. Is it niched[The less abstract the better and more niched it is and the better you can serve underserved marktets]? Great then check for as many of the solutions as you can. Check for revenue of these companies, sales, value skew of their products etc of these companies. And just like that you have a proven and profitable problem to solve from the root. Best for budding entrepreneurs like myself who want to reduce risk as much as possible.

Or even:

1. Start by analyzing your environment
2. Start listing all the problems/complaints that you and others encounter day to day-
Need (Solve a problem)-
Make things easier
Eradicate inconveniences
Provide better services
Fill needs
Satisfy wants and cravings

3. Figure out which problem have the necessary skill to fix (Or learn these skills along the way)
4. Proceed to fix them
5. Pay close attention to what it took to fix the problem and if it is scalable
6. How do other people deal with this issue
7. Is your solution better (Or as good as the alternatives)?
8. Valuable service/product found

Just my ideas and hope someone draws inspiration from it.

Great info on building a website by the way- GOLD! - No network? No money? No idea? No education? NO PROBLEM!

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 15

Editing the videos and did another interview - 4 hours

Last edited:

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
So I just realised that digital marketing is so broad! So I'm now targeting SEO specialists. Seems promising.

Log out.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
So I just realised that digital marketing is so broad! So I'm now targeting SEO specialists. Seems promising.

Log out.
I suggest you target ads specialist, they directly deal with money and is generally much faster for them to see the results.

Just my opinion.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
I suggest you target ads specialist, they directly deal with money and is generally much faster for them to see the results.

Just my opinion.
Ah, great point! Checked google trends as well and they are quite similar in terms of size, but still less popular so probably less competition.

Do you mean PPC specialists? Or Google adwords specialists?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Ah, great point! Checked google trends as well and they are quite similar in terms of size, but still less popular so probably less competition.

Do you mean PPC specialists? Or Google adwords specialists?
Whatever you feel comfortable, every option is a good option. It shouldn't matter unless its too niche

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Whatever you feel comfortable, every option is a good option. It shouldn't matter unless its too niche
Eggsactly. Plus I've already shot a message to 10 SEO Specialists for an interview on Linkedin now so... XD Thanks in anycase!

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Day 15

Editing the videos and did another interview - 4 hours
Day 16

Editing the interviews and shooting other interview asks, this time with SEO as a focus- 3 hours

There was a guy who wanted us to do the interview right then and there. I was like, 'Now?' and he was like, 'YES NOW!'. Needless to say, I've learned not to underestimate anyone and just say yes to opportunities and learn along the way. I also want to combine this strategy with this thread GOLD! - CHECKLIST: How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days

Because I just feel the runway to add that in has already been set, and I'm starting to get a lot of useful connections in the field. SO would be wise lol, just hope I don't laze out on it XD

Good luck on whatever you guys are working on, and thanks for cheering me on as well, it helps a lot.

p.s. Has it only been 16 days? *mindblown*
Log out

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.