The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aspiring doctor and entrepeneur

bangL

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 31, 2021
Hello Everyone!

My name is Bang, and I am a 26 yo who live and attend school in Las Vegas. It's really nice to have found this place and meeting y'all who are trying to make a difference. I am currently a broke medical student, drowning in debt, who's on track to hit the SlowLane. But deep inside, I really want to be a physician who save lives and serve the community. But the parasitic debts and expenses will require me to be a burnout physician who always exchange services for money. I do not want to be that person.
After reading the Millionaire Fastlane , I found out there's a better way. My goal as an entrepreneur is to create something that will improve the quality of healthcare, although I m not sure what yet. So, I am here open for ideas, suggestions, connections, etc, and a CHANGE!!!

I am happy to share my experiences and ideas as well, if y'all have questions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, odd, seems a lot of physicians/doctors have been joining as of late. Has the corporatization of healthcare become that bad? My guess is... YES.

bangL

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 31, 2021
Welcome aboard, odd, seems a lot of physicians/doctors have been joining as of late. Has the corporatization of healthcare become that bad? My guess is... YES.
Yes, physicians are burnt out, overworked, debts are huge, and the quality of patient care goes down the toilet. Unfortunately, the perception that ''physicians make a lot of money'' is not really true. I had and worked with a few doctors who seen 40-50 patients a day, working 10-12 hrs, with only 10 min per patient, taking as much insurance money as possible.

I am glad that doctors are looking for alternative ways. Together, we can make future healthcare better.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Hello Everyone!

My name is Bang, and I am a 26 yo who live and attend school in Las Vegas. It's really nice to have found this place and meeting y'all who are trying to make a difference. I am currently a broke medical student, drowning in debt, who's on track to hit the SlowLane. But deep inside, I really want to be a physician who save lives and serve the community. But the parasitic debts and expenses will require me to be a burnout physician who always exchange services for money. I do not want to be that person.
After reading the Millionaire Fastlane , I found out there's a better way. My goal as an entrepreneur is to create something that will improve the quality of healthcare, although I m not sure what yet. So, I am here open for ideas, suggestions, connections, etc, and a CHANGE!!!

I am happy to share my experiences and ideas as well, if y'all have questions.

Welcome! The first question any physician needs to ask themselves is if the aspiring entrepreneurial path is just the escape route from the medical career. Many forget that the license to practise opens many business opportunities the general public has poor access to. The additional advantage is that there is low saturation in many healthcare spaces, because physicians tend to focus on being .. physicians. In contrary to other profesions where entrepreneurship is more common practise. There are far too many issues and problems that need to be solved; that we face in our jobs and that only we really identify. Its generally easy to come up with an innovative and problemsolving concept. VCs and BAs love that too.

The real challenge is how you balance residency with entrepreneurship. I work as a dermatology resident and created a telemedicine company. I also opened a COVID-test teaching centre and currently I'm eyeing up vaccination centres. Currently bringing in more in than through the job. I earn more than my bosses at my job.

bangL

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 31, 2021
Welcome! The first question any physician needs to ask themselves is if the aspiring entrepreneurial path is just the escape route from the medical career. Many forget that the license to practise opens many business opportunities the general public has poor access to. The additional advantage is that there is low saturation in many healthcare spaces, because physicians tend to focus on being .. physicians. In contrary to other profesions where entrepreneurship is more common practise. There are far too many issues and problems that need to be solved; that we face in our jobs and that only we really identify. Its generally easy to come up with an innovative and problemsolving concept. VCs and BAs love that too.

The real challenge is how you balance residency with entrepreneurship. I work as a dermatology resident and created a telemedicine company. I also opened a COVID-test teaching centre and currently I'm eyeing up vaccination centres. Currently bringing in more in than through the job. I earn more than my bosses at my job.
Thank you @Knugs for your insight! You brought up a really good point. Yes, there are so many issues in healthcare that need to be fixed, and we definitely have the knowledge and skills to fix them compare to the public.
I am only a second year right now, drowning in books, but definitely there will be more opportunities as I start to get out there.

bangL

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 31, 2021
Hey, listen, you should develop in this direction if you feel interested and passionate about it. If so, nothing can stop you. If you don't have enough information or resources, try looking it up on HelpCare+. I'm sure that with an argument like this, you can definitely make your idea a reality. In any case, this is just the beginning of the journey. Explore, invest, act!
Thank you so much for the inspiration and advice Stewart. I will definitely check that out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...