The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Approaching commercial customers/B2B

Dominik_M

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 29, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am currently developing a product that I think is very useful and has a great need where applicable.
It is basically a kind of a fixture for an electric device used mostly by construction companies but also by ordinary people who're building stuff at home.

My plan from now on is to
1. fully finish my prototype
2. approach construction companies in my surrounding area, show them my product and its simplifying benefits and
3. ask them if the're interested and if there's anything on my product to improve or if there's any feature missing
4. research on how I can manufacture my product as cheap as possible (currently developing the prototype myself in my workshop)

Is this a good way to make my first sales?
Should I finish developing the first prototype before approaching them to show them 'something real' or first ask for a general interest?

My train of thought is that if I can get one company nearby to buy my product, it should be possible for me to sell to many more companies farther away.

Any advice and knowledge appreciated!

Best regards,
Domink

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Angelic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 19, 2016
Absolutely develop the product before pitching it. How can you sell a product you don't have? You can't do it, you need to show the prospect how it can benefit them and what it looks like. Customers will never buy anything they don't know about or understand, so your next objective after creating a model of the product is to make sure they know the product and have some emotional attachment to a need that you can fill.

Source: b2b sales rep

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!