The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any multi-millionaires or billionaires on this forum?

ShowMeDaMonies

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a very important funding request for a Kickstarter videogame in order to give it a AAA budget, so if there are any investors interested in funding it, then please reply back and I'll send all the details including gameplay, music, how to donate and basically whatever else you want or need to know. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Instead of just banning your account and deleting your post for a completely TACTLESS post, much less a post that breaks the rules, maybe we can turn this into a learning experience.

Are you interested in learning? Or should I just delete your post and ban your account?

ShowMeDaMonies

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Instead of just banning your account and deleting your post for a completely TACTLESS post, much less a post that breaks the rules, maybe we can turn this into a learning experience.

Are you interested in learning? Or should I just delete your post and ban your account?

Wait, why would you ban my account? Did I do something wrong? Please don't ban me by the way!

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
Hi, I have a very important funding request for a Kickstarter videogame in order to give it a AAA budget, so if there are any investors interested in funding it, then please reply back and I'll send all the details including gameplay, music, how to donate and basically whatever else you want or need to know. Thanks!

Username checks out.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Hey guys, how about instead of being dicks to every new member, we actually talk to this guy about why his first post is cringeworthy, teach him about the Fastlane mindset, and maybe help him become a productive member.

I know my first post was cringeworthy, but here I still am, because people showed me why I was an idiot.

@ShowMeDaMonies the reason why your first post was horrible is because that’s not what this forum is about. We are not money chasers, affiliate marketers, guys who follow insta accounts that only post pics of lambos with motivational quotes.

We’re a community that’s based off the principle that delivering value. The forum is based off the book The Millionaire Fastlane written by @MJ DeMarco. We highly recommend you grab a copy or audiobook and figure out what we’re all about.

There are several successful businesses that operate from Forum members, but we do it with the goal of helping our customers first, and if we’re succesful in that, money can follow.

Long story short. If you’re expecting a “get rich quick and easy” forum, a forum that will teach you that one simple trick you’ve been missing, or just lambos and motivational quotes, this isn’t the place for you.

If you want to learn how to put in hard work to build a successful business that can lead to wealth, stick around and start reading and participating.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
Also there are a few successful kickstarter campaigns in this forum. Maybe search for them and see what they did to give you an idea on what you have to do to meet your goal. None of them got funded by posting on a forum to get attention from investors.

ShowMeDaMonies

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Also there are a few successful kickstarter campaigns in this forum. Maybe search for them and see what they did to give you an idea on what you have to do to meet your goal. None of them got funded by posting on a forum to get attention from investors.

It's not my project or Kickstarter actually. I'm just a fan trying to raise money for it. But yeah, this is probably the wrong way to go about it.

ShowMeDaMonies

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Where should I write the cheque to?
Could you put in a little less effort?
Did you actually think this was going to work?

You contact them by email to arrange a donation. Then they'll probably ask you for the details and all that.

Could I put in a little less effort? Hmm, not sure what you mean by this but ok.

No actually, I never did but I thought you know what it's worth a shot. However, this was before I found out you couldn't do this type of stuff around here so it's all moot now anyway!

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I think that because $1000.00 is like $1.00 to a millionaire or pennies to normal people some just think they throw $1000.00 bills around like pennies.

WRONG!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Oops! I forgot to read the forum rules. My apologies.

To answer your question, there are many millionaires and multi-millionaires on this forum (don't think we have the billionaire yet) but your approach in securing an investment from them is entirely wrong.

However, this was before I found out you couldn't do this type of stuff around here

What do you think would happen if we allowed it?

Would we be a forum of discussion and contribution?

Or a forum of "Hey everyone! GIVE ME MONEY!"

There might be websites build specifically for that, like KickStarter as you mentioned, but this isn't one of them.

Nonetheless, I appreciate that you've been open to a dialogue and that your account was not removed.

ShowMeDaMonies

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 27, 2017
United Kingdom
To answer your question, there are many millionaires and multi-millionaires on this forum (don't think we have the billionaire yet) but your approach in securing an investment from them is entirely wrong.

What do you think would happen if we allowed it?

Would we be a forum of discussion and contribution?

Or a forum of "Hey everyone! GIVE ME MONEY!"

There might be websites build specifically for that, like KickStarter as you mentioned, but this isn't one of them.

Nonetheless, I appreciate that you've been open to a dialogue and that your account was not removed.

Thank you and I totally understand why you don't allow it. Could you recommend any multi-millionaires/billionaires that I could contact in order to get it fully funded? Or maybe some websites (don't you worry, I'll always come back to this place!)? Miss Gene Wilder by the way. He was a big part of my childhood so it was absolutely crushing when I heard about his death :(

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Thank you and I totally understand why you don't allow it. Could you recommend any multi-millionaires/billionaires that I could contact in order to get it fully funded? Or maybe some websites (don't you worry, I'll always come back to this place!)? Miss Gene Wilder by the way. He was a big part of my childhood so it was absolutely crushing when I heard about his death :(

Since I'm in the games industry, if you make a game that is shit, no one will fund it. If you make a game that is naturally good, people will naturally pay for it.

ShowMeDaMonies

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Since I'm in the games industry, if you make a game that is shit, no one will fund it. If you make a game that is naturally good, people will naturally pay for it.

But in order to make a game that is of the highest quality possible and to allow developers the freedom to really get the graphics, gameplay and everything to really shine and stand out, a bigger budget is needed. A AAA budget would make a huge, huge difference.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
But in order to make a game that is of the highest quality possible and to allow developers the freedom to really get the graphics, gameplay and everything to really shine and stand out, a bigger budget is needed. A AAA budget would make a huge, huge difference.
You aren't going to get a AAA budget for what I am assuming is an indie game. Go ahead and throw those expectations out the window because it isn't happening. Your best bet is to get a nice playable prototype ready, make some videos of it, and then release it as early access on steam. After that, get a few streamers and influencers to play the game as your marketing.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

You still dont get it. When you say dont you worry, ill alwyas come back to this place” makes me and others weary.... No introductory post, no credentials, nothing about you its all about what YOU want. What do you have offer besides a generic want or need that only you believe in? (Not saying your idea is good or bad) but even on a site there is such thing as a way to things. You clearly need to learn this.

WTF does “Miss” gene wilder have to do with any of this?

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
May 5, 2015
California
In the early stages you shouldn't be worried about AAA polish or appearance. There are tons of free resources out there (unreal Engine, unity, cryengine) to prototype and create an MVP.

You're gonna need something that makes sense for an investor.

Personally, I'd start with a prototype. Get some functionality down and get the core of the game working enough to show it off.

If the project offers tons of replay value and a fun experience that makes sense for an investor, you should have no problem attracting attention on social media outlets.

You have to start marketing the game before it's ready, not after. Drum up interest.

It's been proven time and time again that you can bootstrap your way to success with a game project.

There are tons, and I mean TONS of resources (free and paid) online to learn coding, modeling, material design, etc. Stop worrying about bypassing the grind.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If THAT is how you expect to raise money for a project you need to spend a few years learning. My gosh.

The NUMBER ONE thing you need to address when soliciting an investment is what you plan to give up in return for the investment and why that is significant to the investor.

Your approach would be funny if you weren’t serious.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
yes, how much money do you need. my friend Bernie will cut you a check.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
It's not my project or Kickstarter actually. I'm just a fan trying to raise money for it.

Anyone who's posted a serious reply or thinking about it, re-read this post.

OP is just a fan boy looking for his dream game to be a reality. He's not interested in the fastlane, entrepreneurship, or anything related to business at all.

Sully1994

Business Development @ Sprout Social
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Nov 5, 2016
Chicago
You still dont get it. When you say dont you worry, ill alwyas come back to this place” makes me and others weary.... No introductory post, no credentials, nothing about you its all about what YOU want. What do you have offer besides a generic want or need that only you believe in? (Not saying your idea is good or bad) but even on a site there is such thing as a way to things. You clearly need to learn this.

WTF does “Miss” gene wilder have to do with any of this?

Gene wilder is the guy who played willy wonka who is pictured in Mj’s avatar .

Weird way to attempt a connection at this stage though lol

ShowMeDaMonies

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 27, 2017
United Kingdom

OP is just a fan boy looking for his dream game to be a reality. He's not interested in the fastlane, entrepreneurship, or anything related to business at all.

It already is a reality but for something of this magnitude, it needs a huge budget. Right now, I'd say it's in the mid range but this is not ideal.

WJS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 3, 2017
MY
It already is a reality but for something of this magnitude, it needs a huge budget. Right now, I'd say it's in the mid range but this is not ideal.

Do you play games? Think of some of the most legendary games that you and other people would still play today. Do they have the best graphics, music or "magnitude"? If the game is excellent the market would definitely respond to it. At this stage a demo of the game would be a good way to test market demand

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015

Or maybe he's faking being a fan boy and is in fact the dev. Anyway it looks like he doesn't want to listen...

ShowMeDaMonies

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Do you play games? Think of some of the most legendary games that you and other people would still play today. Do they have the best graphics, music or "magnitude"? If the game is excellent the market would definitely respond to it. At this stage a demo of the game would be a good way to test market demand

If I told you what the game is, you'd immediately know there's a TON of market demand. This is the most anticipated game of all time in fact. Anyway, I've got in contact with a couple of investors so soon they'll have their AAA funding.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.