The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any Easy To Use Software to Create a Physical Mockup of Your Product?

mshiddensecret

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 15, 2016
Hey guys,

Like everyone, I have a very "cool" idea in mind for a product. I already know my product market and who to target. And I have a design of how it will look like on paper. Now... before I get too invested into this idea and start building it out, I want to test it out by selling it (then refunding it) to people. And to do this, I will like to create a mockup of how the product looks like (advertisement level in quality), publish it on my site, and see if it sells.

Is there any good software out there where I can make something look good? doesn't have to be 100% accurate? I'm researching too but it would be nice to get some ideas from you guys too. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
If you're looking for free options and are set on doing it all yourself, I would suggest Fusion360 for making a 3D model of your part, and then using Blender to make a nice rendering. If you've used any CAD software before, Fusion360 should be easy to learn. Blender, however, has a pretty steep learning curve to get nice renderings.

You may be able to save a lot of time and frustration by finding someone on Fiverr to do a mock-up and rendering, especially if you're just trying to validate your idea and the accuracy is not super important.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I've gone through almost this exact exercise and posted about it here -> Create Your Own Prototypes For Almost Nothing

I tend to prefer doing everything myself as much as possible, but I think in situations like these, you really benefit by playing to your strengths and hiring out your weaknesses. As much as I wanted to learn how to make photo-realistic renders, it was more beneficial to my main goal of testing an idea to simply pay the $20 to have someone else do it. Plus, doing so allowed me to get everything else setup and ready for the test in the meantime.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
There are hundreds of product mockups ready for purchase on GraphicRiver where you can slap your graphic onto it. Not sure if that helps.

mshiddensecret

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 15, 2016
Thanks for sharing! I will go through the thread. How did your execution play out?
Yeah, I m thinking of just hiring this one out. Too much second guessing myself will lead to nowhere. I need momentum and the best thing to do right now is to throw the product in front of people.

mshiddensecret

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 15, 2016
That's quite good! Did you not continue because you had a new idea in mind? I think I would've continued testing more.
What traffic source did you use?

hawktoy85

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Nov 8, 2019
San Diego
I have used Tinkercad to design basic items. It's an easy to use 3d program. And then you could just 3d print the prototype.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.