The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any books/videos that CHANGED your life? Especially on confidence

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
The Bible. This is where my confidence comes from.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
48 Laws of Power

mentalic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Nov 26, 2012
The two books that were most hardcore to me were:
Dale Carnegie - How to Win Friends and Influence People (I think that this book is a must read for everyone...)
Felix Dennis - How to Get Rich (reality strikes in this book...instead of talking about how easy it is to get rich, it talks about how difficult it is, close to MJ beliefs I think)

Concerning self confidence, two things are very important that you probably have to look into:
How have you been grown up
Who are your friends

I have heard some audiobooks about Jim Rohn and Antony Robbins that have to do with self confidence. Especially Antony Robbins voice is really influencial. You can also check Tal Ben-Shahar books about happiness/positive psychology.

I used to have a little problem with self confidence (for no reason..) and it took me a lot of time and effort to overcome it. I would be happy to share my experiences with you by PM if you want.

Stop_Stopping

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 3, 2013
Glad you like! It really affected a big change on my life, more-so than anything I've read so far.

Make sure you combine whatever you change with regular heavy compound exercises. The combination of better health and better mental well-being has a symbiotic effect in my experience. If you've never lifted before I recommend Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength. If you have lifted before I recommend Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 fullbody routine he mentions in his 2nd edition pdf.

If you have no access to a gym... 200 body weight (a$$ to ground) squats, 100 pushups, 50 crunches/leg lifts, 50 leg kickbacks and whatever else you like to do. :cool:

Yeah, thanks for the tip. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week :) It's my morning ritual, can't live without working out + they have an area where you can chill with free wifi/ unlimited coffee so it's where I work in the morning. It's more practical than working at starbucks. lol.

D

Deleted78083

I think confidence is fluide and changes and evolves according to your lifestyle. It's been more than a month than my country is in quarantine, I haven't been able to talk to new people, go to new places or do anything that gets me out of my comfort zone (mainly social things). The result is stricking: low self-esteem, low self-confidence, low energy. I believe that if you want to increase your confidence, you should expose yourself to activities outside of your comfort zone, and gradually expand it.

WowVisible

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 1, 2014
I've noticed most successful entrepreneurs have this amazing, underlying confidence in themselves where they've already imagined themselves as going to accomplish success, as if it's inevitable.

I'm looking for something...preferably a book, and preferably non-fiction (but I'm open to all suggestions)...but basically looking for something that illustrates exactly what not giving a damn is like, or suppose to look like, and how to accomplish the things you want in life without worrying so much.

A book that basically shows you how to THINK confident...
I used to read ebooks. I have bought several non-fiction books via amazon and Google Playstore. I used to read bestseller books. See the screenshot I attached for the recent books I read this year.books.png

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
I have fantastic books, but they don't give me confidence, only by gaining experience via achievements on my personal and professional life can I start to feel more confident, only after that can you start being confident and cocky, why? You know how it is, you've been there, you have experience and that makes you confident.

I understant your feelings, but you can't cheat your way to confidence with books, trust me, I love books, and BTW, what kind of confidence? You can be confident about business but insecure near women.

The only way is to invest in self-improvement, grow as person in all areas, and at the same time read as much as possible about management, economics and related entrepreneurial stuff, apply it in your professional life and observe the results, as you become a more impressive individual by experience and competence people will start to notice, and you'll become more confident.

Thats how you do it.

Still, if you want a book on "entrepreneur confidence" the best I know is Be Obssessed or Be Average by Grant Cardone. He's not the best example for entrepreneurs but he has the most passionate "entrepreneur mindset" that I know. The proof of it is that most of his fans love him not for his advice but because of his confidence and enthusiasm when he's talking about business and how he can make others feel more confident regarding their financial lives.

KJC

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 10, 2020
Movies that get me confidence/inspiration

1: Rocky Series (especially first 3)
2: Limitless
3: wolf of wall street

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I've noticed most successful entrepreneurs have this amazing, underlying confidence in themselves where they've already imagined themselves as going to accomplish success, as if it's inevitable.

I'm looking for something...preferably a book, and preferably non-fiction (but I'm open to all suggestions)...but basically looking for something that illustrates exactly what not giving a damn is like, or suppose to look like, and how to accomplish the things you want in life without worrying so much.

A book that basically shows you how to THINK confident...
You might be putting the cart before the horse. You can say 'successful peope are confident so if i become confident I'll become successsful'..

But that appears to not be correct.

They tried that in the 90's. They did studies that found that kids with self esteem were more successful. So the answer was obvious.. we'll giv children more self esteem and they'll become successful. It resulted in "everybody-gets-a-trophyism" and had zero effect on their success. I believe in some cases it was even harmful.

Either way it was a total disaster.

It's more likely that successful people become confident, so I personally don't feel like it's good to just focus on confidence.

Edit.. Oh.. i just realized this thread was like 8 years old. Jeez.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA

triodine

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 26, 2019
The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo.

This one really resonated with me and really helped me with some inner growth and helped changed my outlook on a lot of aspects of my life. While it's not necessarily about "confidence", it's an amazing story about a man's journey of self-discovery. I recommend it to everyone.

drahz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2019
The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo.

This one really resonated with me and really helped me with some inner growth and helped changed my outlook on a lot of aspects of my life. While it's not necessarily about "confidence", it's an amazing story about a man's journey of self-discovery. I recommend it to everyone.

I agree this book is amazing!

Apart from that Atlas Shrugged (by Ayn Rand) is a great book as well. This book is also not primarily about confidence... but some of the characters there might be really great role models related to confidence.

Both are fictional though.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.