LifestyleGem
New Contributor
So I originally ignored his advice, found here
The biggest landing page mistake
That did not go well... got nowhere. Then I embraced his advice, it went really well actually for about 2 weeks. Then I went all "tactics" on my website and marketing, because I thought... "Well I can add this on too". Resulted in me playing master manipulator, with colors, popups, sales copy, live chat pops, using better language, buttons, landing page biases, cognitive whatevers, etc. Lots of crazy egg articles, playing with price numbers etc... Essentially trying to 'trick' my visitors to buy.
Annnddd literally had no sales for the past 3 days with all my crazy "optimizations", basically everything is trying to get them to that CTA add to cart, maybe it appears desperate. Usually have 3-5 sales per day, so this is bad.
Anyways, it does seem like his advice is helpful.
I just have some questions...
1) I have been chasing phantom metrics, where I care more about numbers of visitors. This is causing me to do marketing efforts to an audience that is more of a browser than a buyer. It's self sabotage I think. What metric should I focus on? "People helped" (sales)?
2) It's so backwards, I used to do affiliate marketing money chaser type sites, and it was all numbers numbers numbers, all numbers. EPC was like my god. It's kinda messed me up I think. How do I get back into a good mindset about conversion rate, helping people, seeing people as people etc?
Hope it helps some other people, and seriously... Listen to Andy, he is onto something here.
The biggest landing page mistake
That did not go well... got nowhere. Then I embraced his advice, it went really well actually for about 2 weeks. Then I went all "tactics" on my website and marketing, because I thought... "Well I can add this on too". Resulted in me playing master manipulator, with colors, popups, sales copy, live chat pops, using better language, buttons, landing page biases, cognitive whatevers, etc. Lots of crazy egg articles, playing with price numbers etc... Essentially trying to 'trick' my visitors to buy.
Annnddd literally had no sales for the past 3 days with all my crazy "optimizations", basically everything is trying to get them to that CTA add to cart, maybe it appears desperate. Usually have 3-5 sales per day, so this is bad.
Anyways, it does seem like his advice is helpful.
I just have some questions...
1) I have been chasing phantom metrics, where I care more about numbers of visitors. This is causing me to do marketing efforts to an audience that is more of a browser than a buyer. It's self sabotage I think. What metric should I focus on? "People helped" (sales)?
2) It's so backwards, I used to do affiliate marketing money chaser type sites, and it was all numbers numbers numbers, all numbers. EPC was like my god. It's kinda messed me up I think. How do I get back into a good mindset about conversion rate, helping people, seeing people as people etc?
Hope it helps some other people, and seriously... Listen to Andy, he is onto something here.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
