The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building an Audience - Content, "Helping People," and Passion

Marketing, social media, advertising

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Yo I gotta grab my popcorn:rofl:

I usually bust out my amazing cat and his popcorn for these type of threads but TBH I hate to see when my favorite posters bicker and it's becoming more common. I can say I gave AFs post gold as some good stuff and I really dig the three Ts he gifted us and I do love the word triangulation.

I do see OP has a little confidence issue on his product which I find surprising as he has moved some through stores and other ways. I understand as I struggle with confidence issues and I have proof of concepts and sales up to my ears over the years. While 8 at a time is not huge and yah let's get to 800, it's still something to be proud of and I think maybe look at Lex's suggestion and go hard core small store. In fact become the king of the small stores. Gonna need to hit the road for that. Also looks like you're in a much higher cost prior @Isaac Odongo situation but have a physical product so there are different roads built.

I really enjoy your postings and your recent get the overalls on post stuck in my mind and was very helpful. I wish you the best of luck getting this product blown up, I see a lot of hope but tons of work to be done. I'm gonna bring my cat out anyway as think this thread will be around for awhile.

a8dty.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Cursing is rarely well received.

You know, I didn’t realize I cursed as much as I do. You’ve got me thinking…

While this is how I’m in real life, doesn’t make it right. I’m making this change now. No more “casual” cursing, in real life and on the forum. Let’s see how this experiment works out.

That guy doesn't give two shits if I succeed. Case closed on that one.

First of all, you are 100% correct. I have people I deeply care about in my life, you aren’t one of them. You are an internet stranger. Whether you fail or succeed won’t make my life any better or worse. My posts aren’t directed only to you, I write here for a few reasons, like:
  • Clarity my own thoughts
  • Be useful to as many people as possible (this is the platform I choose for that)
  • Learn something when people disagree and call me out etc.

Second, I apologize I cursed at you, I did not mean to offend you. For the same reasons, I don’t know you, we aren’t related, I have no reason to offend you.

Third, if you get triggered by a curse that easily from a member (me) who’s known for cursing too much (thanks to Bizy for pointing that out)… reflect on that. Business is one of the hardest things, filled with ups and downs, all kinds of challenges and characters! Business meeting have all kinds of cats, some are more like me than you may like. Reflect on that.

Once again, this post is directed at you but if you were the only reader, I wouldn’t have bothered. I hope it’s helpful to some other people on this forum who struggle. Get harder folks.

really dig the three Ts he gifted us and I do love the word triangulation.

Thanks.
For anyone selling a physical product, I think understanding 3T is a must. It explains why in 1900s department stores were king, in the 1990s it was big shopping malls all over the USA and why now it’s Amazon. Why FBA is alive and kicking. For this thread and fishing product… that means doing what @Kak has been saying. That’s how to scale it.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I usually bust out my amazing cat and his popcorn for these type of threads but TBH I hate to see when my favorite posters bicker and it's becoming more common. I can say I gave AFs post gold as some good stuff and I really dig the three Ts he gifted us and I do love the word triangulation.

I do see OP has a little confidence issue on his product which I find surprising as he has moved some through stores and other ways. I understand as I struggle with confidence issues and I have proof of concepts and sales up to my ears over the years. While 8 at a time is not huge and yah let's get to 800, it's still something to be proud of and I think maybe look at Lex's suggestion and go hard core small store. In fact become the king of the small stores. Gonna need to hit the road for that. Also looks like you're in a much higher cost prior @Isaac Odongo situation but have a physical product so there are different roads built.

I really enjoy your postings and your recent get the overalls on post stuck in my mind and was very helpful. I wish you the best of luck getting this product blown up, I see a lot of hope but tons of work to be done. I'm gonna bring my cat out anyway as think this thread will be around for awhile.

View attachment 50806
IMO this felt like 2 giants boxing eachother and I was a bystander.

I agree though, I hate it when people, especially good posters argue..

I think there was some miscommunication between them.

But good points were made.

Glad everything’s resolved now

G

Guest-5ty5s4

You know, I didn’t realize I cursed as much as I do. You’ve got me thinking…

While this is how I’m in real life, doesn’t make it right. I’m making this change now. No more “casual” cursing, in real life and on the forum. Let’s see how this experiment works out.

First of all, you are 100% correct. I have people I deeply care about in my life, you aren’t one of them. You are an internet stranger. Whether you fail or succeed won’t make my life any better or worse. My posts aren’t directed only to you, I write here for a few reasons, like:
  • Clarity my own thoughts
  • Be useful to as many people as possible (this is the platform I choose for that)
  • Learn something when people disagree and call me out etc.

Second, I apologize I cursed at you, I did not mean to offend you. For the same reasons, I don’t know you, we aren’t related, I have no reason to offend you.

Third, if you get triggered by a curse that easily from a member (me) who’s known for cursing too much (thanks to Bizy for pointing that out)… reflect on that. Business is one of the hardest things, filled with ups and downs, all kinds of challenges and characters! Business meeting have all kinds of cats, some are more like me than you may like. Reflect on that.

Once again, this post is directed at you @thechosen1 but if you were the only reader, I wouldn’t have bothered. I hope it’s helpful to some other people on this forum who struggle. Get harder folks.

Thanks.
For anyone selling a physical product, I think understanding 3T is a must. It explains why in 1900s department stores were king, in the 1990s it was big shopping malls all over the USA and why now it’s Amazon. Why FBA is alive and kicking. For this thread and fishing product… that means doing what @Kak has been saying. That’s how to scale it.
If somebody can close this thread, just do it. And if "ignore" could be "block," that would be great. What a POS.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread is reopen for the benefit of others, and since the OP is no longer with us.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Thread is reopen for the benefit of others, and since the OP is no longer with us.
Damn it, I really thought my “I know I’m a 13 year old, in his yoda PJS as he writes this” speech would work.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

I actually valued, appreciated and read a lot of his posts.

I’m surprised at the dramatic exit.

Sounds like he’s just going through a tough time.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
This thread is tragic because I've learned much from it and reflected on stuff in my own product business.
  1. I need to leverage other people's audiences through their following and give them an affiliation link.
  2. I should see 'holding excessive stock' as speculation. My inventory for B-->B should be the lead time & capacity for the product to be made and part of the contract. All I do is act as the intermediary, not the dispenser.
  3. The Three T's are essential for any product business. It's stuff I inherently knew, but I've not seen it in a concise format like the three T's.
I can't believe this thread was deleted. I'm glad it's still alive.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.