The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon FBA sellers MUST have their own website

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Readers might have forgotten the importance of the C for Control in CENTS, but although it might be too late for some this thread should serve as a wake up call. Sellers who once could find ways to learn the details of their..... NO....... Big Jeff's customers, have lost their last source of Amazon provided information.

In an announcement made recently in his final Letter to Shareholders, obviously concerned that Amazon's stranglehold on FBA sellers had weakened, Big Jeff Bezos decreed that Amazon's Fulfilled Shipments report will no longer include Amazon Customer name and street address. This is a huge blow, removing the last means that sellers have of making direct contact with the people who have bought products from them.

The only other place where they can find such information is in the Amazon-Fulfilled Shipments – Tax Remittance report, but use of those names and addresses is strictly forbidden. BUT....... There is another way.

I have many times posted a reminder that vendors on Amazon have no ownership of those customers' details. They are Amazon's customers, not the seller's.

So, here is how to obtain customers' details. Not every customer, but potentially many. I will list the actions to take one by one:

• Choose a brand name. ( I say this for the benefit of those who are only selling random brand or generic products.) If you want any degree of control you MUST have a brand.
  • Protect your brand. At the very least claim ownership by use of the Symbol, but preferably by registering your brand as a trademark.
  • Set up a website bearing your brand name. Make it irresistible to your customers so they will come back to buy there instead of from Amazon. Make them your customers. Give them a good reason to email you or fill in a contact form.
  • Design and produce or purchase labels. Search my posts for information how to make them emotionally appeal to your customers. Be sure to include your URL
  • Attach those labels before shipping to FBA.
  • Consider making at least your URL, but preferably also your brand name and logo an integral part of your product. This introduces the question of protecting your business secrets (such as your selling price) from your suppliers. I will post a separate thread on that subject.
Walter

EDIT I have done as I said I would. See: Protect Your Brand From Your Overseas Suppliers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
We haven’t had access to their name or address for over a year now. We only get first names now, we don’t even get their last name.

Here is what we get. It doesn’t really matter to me because I’m not sending postcards to my customers to get their emails. I think the easiest way to do it is to create a good brand and have them come visit your website because they want to.

043ABF8B-501F-4086-81FE-5513404D3C79.jpeg

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Little life hack, when you make your packaging for Amazon, just include your social media pages/contact stuff in the package so people can reach you.

Did you like our product? Let us know at mysocialmediapages on FB & IG, or

Enter for you chance to win a free ______ at mysocialmediapages!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
We haven’t had access to their name or address for over a year now. We only get first names now, we don’t even get their last name.

Here is what we get. It doesn’t really matter to me because I’m not sending postcards to my customers to get their emails. I think the easiest way to do it is to create a good brand and have them come visit your website because they want to.
Thanks for that. Big Jeff has been tightening the screws for some time, but reports that I have heard tell me that he decided to leave his role as CEO with "decisive action."

Maybe slowly slowly turning the screws was frustrating him.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Little life hack, when you make your packaging for Amazon, just include your social media pages/contact stuff in the package so people can reach you.

Did you like our product? Let us know at mysocialmediapages on FB & IG, or

Enter for you chance to win a free ______ at mysocialmediapages!
Good move! Many people have been slipping cards into their packages, but including good reasons why customers should want to make contact is certainly a good idea.

Walter

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

View attachment 37651
Surely there's a service that can run their name and address through a database to get more details like their email/full name?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Surely there's a service that can run their name and address through a database to get more details like their email/full name?
Yes there was a service that did this and got you their email address. That’s one reason why Amazon doesn’t give out their names and addresses anymore. I doubt first name and ZIP Code would be enough to get the correct email address LOL.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
When I am looking for something on Amazon and I find a good offer, I just google for the name of the provider.
When I find the provider fast via google, I go to their homepage, find the offer, most times a bit cheaper, and order from there.

Back to the OP of Walter: its important to have a homepage. A homepage, which buyers can find fast on google.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Question:

I have a brand on Amazon, trademarked and everything.

If I want to resell other products on Amazon, can I do it on the same account?

Is there a way to hide my brand name on those listings (or use a different seller name)?

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland
Question:

I have a brand on Amazon, trademarked and everything.

If I want to resell other products on Amazon, can I do it on the same account?

Is there a way to hide my brand name on those listings (or use a different seller name)?
Yes, you can sell other brands on the same account. I don’t think there’s a way to change or hide your seller name on those listings. Also, be aware that many brands and categories are gated on Amazon. Better always check that you are eligible to sell a product before buying inventory.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yes, you can sell other brands on the same account. I don’t think there’s a way to change or hide your seller name on those listings. Also, be aware that many brands and categories are gated on Amazon. Better always check that you are eligible to sell a product before buying inventory.
Thank you, that answers my question!

Yeah unfortunately my seller name is my brand name. So if I sold some products outside of X category, it would hurt my brand's image as being a leader in Y category.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.