The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are "professional" Amazon FBA sellers making money from Amazon or from selling online training programs?

Big Zee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 12, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I am keep seeing a lot of professional Amazon FBA sellers on YouTube who are sharing their advice and "secrets" for getting to $100K-$10M/year in sales on Amazon. All of them at the end of the video are promoting some Amazon FBA online training programs which cost in $1K to $3K range.

Are they actually practicing what they preach? Or do most of them make money from YouTube ads and selling online training programs?

It just smells fishy to me. If a person already has a steady business that earns him millions a year on Amazon why would he spend time on advertising and selling these online programs that potentially may result in more people coming to compete with the business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
In many cases, yeah they're making more money from selling courses. Not all course sellers are shady, though.

One of our own famous posters here sold a training course on the forum, and it was legit. My wife bought it at a multiple of the price range you quoted for those courses. It came with 1 on 1 mentoring, live group training, and he continues to provide support to this day. It was worth the price of admission.

I would say go with your gut. If you find it shady, then don't buy. I had no qualms telling my wife to jump on the training here, because my gut told me it was going to be an investment rather than a swindle, and it was correct.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
There are lots of successful amazon sellers, so it’s no surprising that some are deciding to make extra income from courses.

I started with a cheap course on Udemy and after spending much more on some other courses - I think many of them are unnecessary.

Sure, there’s some that may be bullshit - but I see no reason to doubt if people are transparent about their numbers.

Selling courses is great for someone running an amazon business, after all.

It’s great to be able to reinvest your earnings into new inventory and fund your life from teaching while scaling amazon horizontally.

Btw, I’m currently selling 3 products and making about 7k/mo profit.. and I could have done things much better.

So it’s easy for me to believe someone when they say they’re crushing it.

D

Deleted73181

I have spent $$$hundreds$$$ on courses in the past. Most of the information I got from courses I easily found online for free.

On twitter I've noticed there is a rise of 20 something year olds selling dropshipping and copywriting courses. I'm sure not all of them are faking it. Although, it does not seem like it would be that difficult to copy/paste/rewrite someone else's content and fabricate my income level.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'm aware of several people providing "services" that are making massive amounts of money. But they're not the ones selling you courses. They're the ones that you only find out about after you're selling $3-5 million in products per year.

However, there are also a lot of people (even on this forum) making 6 figures or more in profit per year.

It's a long term strategy though, not a quick fix.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.