The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Startup #3: Feedbackz + Amazio Labs (Amazon FBA Seller Blog)

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Got another feature that's just about complete and going through testing phases called Consolidation. This will let you add on as many Amazon accounts and marketplaces all within one Feedbackz account & billing plan.

Nice Update James.

Amazon Canada included in this consolidation?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Nice Update James.

Amazon Canada included in this consolidation?

Thanks man! Just the framework for adding on the multiple accounts, but.... now it's super easy for us to add on more country marketplaces, so it's just a matter of me getting the app approved with Amazon MWS for the other countries.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Update October 30, 2017:

Although Feedbackz has steadily and slowly grew it's users (organically), I don't want to let off the gas any. Having to develop on software that does automation with 1,000,000+ data points moving around every day is a challenge.. It's very sensitive to mess ups and needs good intensive testing through features and logic.

From the outside, it appears that Feedbackz doesn't release features much. Which is far from the truth. There's a ton of stuff always going on in the background including testing, fixing, backend improvements, etc.

BUT... I want to change this perception and boost up development specifically on public features.

These next couple months; my team and I plan on going over-drive in getting some major features out on Feedbackz. Including some major over-haul in different areas where users get stuck (since creating Hunts is getting more and more complicated & sensitive due to flexibility of options).

There will also be some unique features that no one else will have that should change the game a bit & help users out a lot.

Anyways, just thought I'd update this thread with the latest.. If anyone has any questions about development or running a SaaS business, feel free to drop a line in the thread!

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Quick question to anyone following:

What do you think about Feedbackz's Live Demo? An exact version of the app that requires no sign ups, logins, etc. to view and play with it.

I am thinking this:

1) People really, really enjoy the transparency of the company & being able to pretty much test-drive the real deal and explore themselves without being duped into signing into a sales funnel.

- or -

2) I am missing out not providing what most SaaS do by "Live Demo". Where they make you sign up, and then they present to you via live webinar. They put you into a sales email funnel, but it may be so much more helpful to potential users in getting questions answered live instead of just exploring around themselves.

Do I solve that with a Live Demo video? Or try my hand at a "Live Demo"..

What are you thoughts? Do you like (or have done) any "Live Demos"? Hate or Love? Or appreciate the transparency of how I do it now more?

raddevon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 20, 2017
Seattle, WA USA
I am missing out not providing what most SaaS do by "Live Demo". Where they make you sign up, and then they present to you via live webinar. They put you into a sales email funnel, but it may be so much more helpful to potential users in getting questions answered live instead of just exploring around themselves.
I don't think it's unreasonable that you'd want to be able to talk to people who are interested in your software hence capturing their email addresses doesn't seem like duping them from my perspective. Unless you're planning to use the email to really hit them with a hard sell after the fact, it seems perfectly reasonable.

I'd split the difference. I'm personally always hesitant to do a live demo. I'd much rather explore the software on my terms first and come back with my questions after I've played with it.

What if you had people sign up with their email address to use the the demo version? Then, you could come back in a few days and ask if they had any questions or problems. Even if you can't get a sale, you might get some valuable feedback.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I don't think it's unreasonable that you'd want to be able to talk to people who are interested in your software hence capturing their email addresses doesn't seem like duping them from my perspective. Unless you're planning to use the email to really hit them with a hard sell after the fact, it seems perfectly reasonable.

I'd split the difference. I'm personally always hesitant to do a live demo. I'd much rather explore the software on my terms first and come back with my questions after I've played with it.

What if you had people sign up with their email address to use the the demo version? Then, you could come back in a few days and ask if they had any questions or problems. Even if you can't get a sale, you might get some valuable feedback.

Man, Thanks so much for your advice! It's spot on & will be taking what you said and seeing what I can implement in the near future..

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Hi @James Fend

I personally like the set-up at KissMetrics. They've used Invision to show a static demo which includes a clickable link to "Request a demo".

It works very well for SaaS tools that require sign-offs for approval as you can show the approver what value it will bring. Not sure if this is applicable for your SaaS though. You'd have to figure out how what the best way to show value to your customers is.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I personally like the set-up at KissMetrics. They've used Invision to show a static demo which includes a clickable link to "Request a demo".

It works very well for SaaS tools that require sign-offs for approval as you can show the approver what value it will bring. Not sure if this is applicable for your SaaS though. You'd have to figure out how what the best way to show value to your customers is.

Nice.... Thank you for this specific example. I see they do a mix of both.. will definitely take something from their playbook.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
*EDIT* Couldn't login before, now getting a Error 502

Hey, sorry for the delay in the reply. Notifications getting lost in my alerts! But thank you for the heads up; the dev team is on a fix right away on it as I (and a few other users) have had the same issues too. =)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.