The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AMA Health Optimisation lessons learned over 10 years of Coaching and Study

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
I recently had a thread about growing my online coaching business, now that my coaching is delivering consistent high level results I feel confident to give back and add some value to the guys on this forum. From obsessive neurotic study of human optimisation, I've accumulated some actionable knowledge over the years.

I'll post consistently some of the most valuable lessons/heuristics I've learnt from people way smarter than me, trial and error, academic and empirical study.

Please ask any questions around the subject of fitness/health/wellness/sex (Better health = better sex for so many reasons but that'll be a separate post)

Why should you listen to me?

Portfolio of body transformation results

Client result example

1626701747002.png

My own physical transformation
1626701774449.png

10+ years of study including a degree in sport and exercise science, a lot of scientific journals/reading and attending workshops/seminars

I love the term Primum non nocere (first, do no harm)... A lot of health & fitness 'professionals' will often preach whatever protocol worked for them without considering the ramifications of such or even beginning to understand the science behind their recommendations.

Therefore Disclaimer..
Work and consult with a professional where possible. I would also say consult a Doctor but that comes with it's own caveat as some recommended health practices aren't all that healthy (Food pyramid) but I won't go too much into that.

Ultimately your health is your most valuable asset, without it nothing is possible, with it optimised everything is possible, easier and more enjoyable.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Lesson 1 - Psychology/Mindset

Start with Why

Before we get into the weeds of practical application, why is health important to you? What do you want out of it?

Do you want to optimise your health to improve your productivity and business?

Do you want to be able to hike a mountain comfortably to experience a beautiful view?

Do you want to be able to play and run around with your kids whilst being an inspiration of health?

Do you want to attract women with a lean and strong physique?

Do you just want to feel better day to day and turn up the notch on your life experience?

Once you know why you're doing something it becomes a lot easier to execute on what you need to do and be Consistent with it. Health is not about changing habits for a few days/weeks, it's about lifestyle change and long term adaption.

Archer_Zero

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Oct 2, 2020
Hi @JamesQB8
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
As someone who works on a computer for many hours a day, I've developed back pain.
- I got it under control with Mccenzie back exercises & by standing up every 20-30 minutes & having a chair with good back support.
- the main problem for me is that everytime I try to workout I get backpain even if I do exercises laying down.

1. what do you recommend to completely heal my back ?
2. how can I do exercise/workout/bodybuilding without hurting my back ?

Thanks

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Hi @JamesQB8
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
As someone who works on a computer for many hours a day, I've developed back pain.
- I got it under control with Mccenzie back exercises & by standing up every 20-30 minutes & having a chair with good back support.
- the main problem for me is that everytime I try to workout I get backpain even if I do exercises laying down.

1. what do you recommend to completely heal my back ?
2. how can I do exercise/workout/bodybuilding without hurting my back ?

Thanks

Thank you for the question

It sounds like you don't have back pain all the time? Only intermittently and then when working out? Which is a good start.

Our first step would be to try and identify the source of the pain.

Typically from clients I've worked with it's the same pathology of

Immobile and weak hips
Weak Glutes
Weak Abs
Poor Posture

The term weakness crops up a lot. Generally as we get the body stronger as a unit things start to feel better.

A few questions for you

Do you get pain with all movements?
How bad is the pain 1-10? Worse in morning/daytime/evening?
Is it a dull or sharp pain?
Have you seen a good physio to diagnose the injury/pain?

Addressing hip mobility first, try the video below and see if that helps in anyway

Limber 11 Mobility program (Avoid anything that causes pain above a 2-3/10, some discomfort is generally ok but you don't want to push through pain) -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSDLDhbacc&t=3s

If that's too intense you could try this below to improve your breathing pattern
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2SexG8AHl4

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Lesson 2 - Parasite/Deworming Protocol

Do I have parasites??

Probably. Most people do, even if you don’t travel out of the country. Especially if you have pets.

How did I get parasites?

From your pets. Ascaris from walking barefoot. Sushi or any undercooked meat. Someone using the bathroom and not washing their hands and then shaking your hand.. They are near impossible to avoid.

How do I get rid of them?

Wormwood, Black Walnut hull, Cloves. 500-1000mg of each 3x a day on an empty stomach (30 mins before eating or 1 hour afterwards) for 2 weeks. Repeat every 6 months.

*Buy the 3 herbs in separate supplements. Tinctures, herb blends, etc. do not have an effective dose and are more costly.

*MSM optional (1g 3 x per day with above)

*Pumpkin seeds optional (a few tablespoons per day with your normal diet)

*Make sure to eat a diet rich in potassium and fibre because dewormers can constipate many.

Why should I do this?

Worms in your gut will be taking nutrients from your foods, making your body deficient in said nutrients (exact nutrient dependent on the type of worms) causing a plethora of minor health problem and also increasing hunger (hunger is mainly the body seeking nutrients). So this protocol can be an excellent aid in a fat loss diet.

Even if you don't have worms (From the people I've worked with 90%+ do) then there is no harm in taking the supplements recommended for 2 weeks.

Try it and let me know the how you get on... typically it takes a few days to visually 'see' the results.

Last edited:

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Lesson 3 - Data & Tracking

What gets measured gets managed.

What data can be most important to track?

Fat Loss
  • Morning Weight
  • Measurements
  • Photos
  • Food intake, quality and quantity
  • Activity
Health
  • Sleep
  • Resting Heart Rate
  • Blood Pressure
  • Blood work & Hormonal Panel
  • Bodyfat levels
  • Strength and Cardiovascular performance
  • Stress levels and the bodies ability to adapt/respond

As part of the goal setting practice, identify where you want to get to and where you are. Then plan out the most efficient and effective way to get there.

The more data you can track along the way the greater the picture you paint of your overall health and become clearer on what needs to be prioritised

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Lesson 4 - Dental Hygiene

Something often overlooked but one of the most important markers of health. Poor dental health tends to lead to health problems all around the body. Try to think of your mouth as the first major entry to the body and the first barrier of defence.

Most effective actions

1. Floss Daily

Ideally after every meal but at least once or twice a daily (Flossing is way more effective than brushing)

2. Coconut Oil Pulling
Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and 'pull' it around your mouth to remove bacteria around the gums. Do this for 10 minutes then spit the oil out.

3. Consider removing fluoride*

Not medical advice so do your own research here. However since I've removed fluoride and use a toothpowder formulation (peppermint, calcium, cinnamon, cloves, activated charcoal plus a very light amount of sodium bicarbonate my teeth look and feel a lot better)

After doing the above consistently my dental hygienist told me I had some of the healthiest looking teeth she had seen and I had a lot of dental issues growing up due to terrible diet and lifestyle.

Fluoride may lead to increased risk of bone fractures - https://asbmr.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1359/jbmr.2001.16.5.932

Bonus - Consider removing mercury fillings*

Another disclaimer here.. do your own research. However a lot of people develop issues from mercury 'leaking' into the body and causing harm causing multiple symptoms of ill health. If you're experiencing problems with all your health markers in a good place, but you have multiple mercury fillings, they may be the cause and it may be worthing looking into holistic dentistry to get them removed then replaced.

Last Disclaimer

The above is just my personal experience and that of my clients. However it seems that once you start to go down the rabbit hole of improving your own health, the more the traditional medical system tends to be sub optimal or at points even harmful.

The real Ephraim

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 1, 2023

Something often overlooked but one of the most important markers of health. Poor dental health tends to lead to health problems all around the body. Try to think of your mouth as the first major entry to the body and the first barrier of defence.

Most effective actions

1. Floss Daily

Ideally after every meal but at least once or twice a daily (Flossing is way more effective than brushing)

2. Coconut Oil Pulling
Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and 'pull' it around your mouth to remove bacteria around the gums. Do this for 10 minutes then spit the oil out.

Not medical advice so do your own research here. However since I've removed fluoride and use a toothpowder formulation (peppermint, calcium, cinnamon, cloves, activated charcoal plus a very light amount of sodium bicarbonate my teeth look and feel a lot better)

After doing the above consistently my dental hygienist told me I had some of the healthiest looking teeth she had seen and I had a lot of dental issues growing up due to terrible diet and lifestyle.

Fluoride may lead to increased risk of bone fractures - https://asbmr.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1359/jbmr.2001.16.5.932

Another disclaimer here.. do your own research. However a lot of people develop issues from mercury 'leaking' into the body and causing harm causing multiple symptoms of ill health. If you're experiencing problems with all your health markers in a good place, but you have multiple mercury fillings, they may be the cause and it may be worthing looking into holistic dentistry to get them removed then replaced.

Last Disclaimer

The above is just my personal experience and that of my clients. However it seems that once you start to go down the rabbit hole of improving your own health, the more the traditional medical system tends to be sub optimal or at points even harmful.

Most effective actions

1. Floss Daily

2. Coconut Oil Pulling

Last Disclaimer

Thank you! Worthwhile and working tips, began to use this in my life, and this is incredibly useful knowledge that will REALLY change the lives of many people, but so far only those who are in this forum! And it is deserved, I think that those who are in this forum deserve to receive such Knowledge that will save their lives and help them do more for our Earth! Thank you for helping people!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.