- Joined
- Aug 8, 2012
- Messages
- 607
Rep Bank
$1,165
$1,165
User Power: 63%
First off, thanks for clicking on my crazy thread title...
So basically I'm currently enrolled in my local county college free of charge (graduated in top 15% of high school class) and I'm nearly done with the first semester. Before I stepped foot in a college I had a strong feeling it wasn't for me, but pressure from my parents caused me to go. I stayed local so that I could continue to run my landscaping business. Here are my problems though...
1. I cannot take the professors seriously. The material they teach is appropriate for middle school children.
2. Everyone seems to be so brainwashed, anti-fast lane, and convinced that this is the path to wealth.
3. Although it's free, I feel my time is being wasted. I wouldn't mind paying for an education that benefited me, but this clearly isn't and time is my most precious asset. Reminds me of MJ discussing the free burger at Wendy's.
4. I'm working towards a goal I have no interest in. I have no desire to become a good employee for a big corporation. I get a thrill from just running my landscaping business, and that is what I consider fun.
Yes, I am aware that college is a safe route... however, I'd rather fail miserably at something I love than excel in a field that ages me. Thoughts and suggestions??
So basically I'm currently enrolled in my local county college free of charge (graduated in top 15% of high school class) and I'm nearly done with the first semester. Before I stepped foot in a college I had a strong feeling it wasn't for me, but pressure from my parents caused me to go. I stayed local so that I could continue to run my landscaping business. Here are my problems though...
1. I cannot take the professors seriously. The material they teach is appropriate for middle school children.
2. Everyone seems to be so brainwashed, anti-fast lane, and convinced that this is the path to wealth.
3. Although it's free, I feel my time is being wasted. I wouldn't mind paying for an education that benefited me, but this clearly isn't and time is my most precious asset. Reminds me of MJ discussing the free burger at Wendy's.
4. I'm working towards a goal I have no interest in. I have no desire to become a good employee for a big corporation. I get a thrill from just running my landscaping business, and that is what I consider fun.
Yes, I am aware that college is a safe route... however, I'd rather fail miserably at something I love than excel in a field that ages me. Thoughts and suggestions??
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
