The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stopping wasting my youth and starting a website.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

techro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 1, 2021
Europe
Here after reading The Millionaire Fastlane . Thank you @MJ DeMarco for opening my eyes!
Back story: when I was around 13 years old, I "made " a simple website (registered a free blog at wordpress.com and choose an ugly-a$$ theme) where readers could submit and find game servers to play on (it was the golden age of Minecraft). To my surprise, I was the first one to make something like this in my country and I got tens of thousands of page visits per month. Being a little child, I didn't know what to do with it so I just left it to die (Update: just checked it and the site still ranks on the 3rd page of google when you search for minecraft servers in my country even after abandoning it 7 years ago). Since then, I always wanted to create a website / blog where I can really help people.
Now I'm 21 years old and video games + other distractions always stopped me from doing anything productive long-term. A couple of days ago I decided that I had enough and deleted all games from my PC. For my first project, I'm starting a website where I will be posting tutorials / guides about making games and programming. The idea came from the fact that I had a really hard time to find tutorials for some subjects and a lot of them where in annoying video form where the actual content is 1-2minutes but the video is 10+minutes long. I'm confident that I can provide value in the form of easy to understand written tutorials that my readers can't find elsewhere.
I wrote this post because I'd like to have some accountability. Maybe if I update this thread once in a while I'll have an easier time sticking to my plans. Any comments / tips are welcome!

Current progress:
  • Finally decided the name of the website
  • Registered .com domain
  • Bought hosting plan
  • Decided to use Ghost CMS instead of Wordpress - time will tell if I made the right choice
  • Managed to modify the default theme with my novice HTML+CSS+JS skills to the point that I'm actually starting to like the look of it
Next step:
  • Start writing - my plan is to begin with some short tutorials. I'll be googling game development questions and writing about topics that don't have quality answers on Google
  • Look into SEO and site optimization
  • Start promoting tutorials in relevant communities.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.