The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice on launching a T-Shirt business using Printful (or similar)

RobbieFoston

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Sep 12, 2021
London, UK
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at launching a business with some custom t-shirts I'm designing. They're focused on the bodybuilding market as I already have an audience (10k+ on instagram). I know there's demand for the product but I was looking to see if anybody had any advice.

I'm looking at using Printful. It'd be great to hear any feedback or if you've used another print on demand company. The main criteria is that I require worldwide shipping and I'm looking for a company who prints and delivers, so I don't hold any stock myself.

Also open to any tips and advice around building/ launching the company? Shopify etc?

Thanks all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Low margins on printful unless you sell a t shirt for a lot.
The main criteria is that I require worldwide shipping and I'm looking for a company who prints and delivers, so I don't hold any stock myself.
That’s exactly what they offer.

Also open to any tips and advice around building/ launching the company? Shopify etc?
Shopify has the arguably easiest interface + all the apps & help you need.

you already have the audience, make sure they do want what they offer/ are willing to buy it.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It's extremely saturated and low barrier to entry, BUT, you said you have an instagram with 10,000 followers.

That's your big advantage.

Just make sure your designs resonate with that community.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
There are some good threads about t shirts here around

D

Deleted85763

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at launching a business with some custom t-shirts I'm designing. They're focused on the bodybuilding market as I already have an audience (10k+ on instagram). I know there's demand for the product but I was looking to see if anybody had any advice.

I'm looking at using Printful. It'd be great to hear any feedback or if you've used another print on demand company. The main criteria is that I require worldwide shipping and I'm looking for a company who prints and delivers, so I don't hold any stock myself.

Thanks all!
Build a brand and you can get rich with T-shirts.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Guys,

Thanks all!
In my opinion the print on demand are low quality. I sell shirts using a few vendors on printful. I wear the shirts very often and they fade so fast. The shirts are great, but the inks suck.

I sell them for $19, almost no profit and honestly I’m surprised no customers have complained yet. If I priced them at $28 I’d feel guilty selling them.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
i have some designs on several pod platforms . My intention was to make nice shirts for me and tat was the easiest way. Quality is ok. Even Color is ok after a year and I still love them.
But because its so easy with pod, no one even found o e shirt of mine to buy. I don’t advertise.

Ludachris

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 17, 2017
Norcal
Hi Guys,

Thanks all!
How did your shirt business work out @RobbieFoston?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.