The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Advice on launching a T-Shirt business using Printful (or similar)

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

RobbieFoston

New Contributor
Sep 12, 2021
London, UK
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at launching a business with some custom t-shirts I'm designing. They're focused on the bodybuilding market as I already have an audience (10k+ on instagram). I know there's demand for the product but I was looking to see if anybody had any advice.

I'm looking at using Printful. It'd be great to hear any feedback or if you've used another print on demand company. The main criteria is that I require worldwide shipping and I'm looking for a company who prints and delivers, so I don't hold any stock myself.

Also open to any tips and advice around building/ launching the company? Shopify etc?

Thanks all!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

woken

Bronze Contributor
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Low margins on printful unless you sell a t shirt for a lot.
The main criteria is that I require worldwide shipping and I'm looking for a company who prints and delivers, so I don't hold any stock myself.
That’s exactly what they offer.

Also open to any tips and advice around building/ launching the company? Shopify etc?
Shopify has the arguably easiest interface + all the apps & help you need.

you already have the audience, make sure they do want what they offer/ are willing to buy it.

thechosen1

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
Galt’s Gulch
It's extremely saturated and low barrier to entry, BUT, you said you have an instagram with 10,000 followers.

That's your big advantage.

Just make sure your designs resonate with that community.

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
There are some good threads about t shirts here around

robertwills

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 9, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at launching a business with some custom t-shirts I'm designing. They're focused on the bodybuilding market as I already have an audience (10k+ on instagram). I know there's demand for the product but I was looking to see if anybody had any advice.

I'm looking at using Printful. It'd be great to hear any feedback or if you've used another print on demand company. The main criteria is that I require worldwide shipping and I'm looking for a company who prints and delivers, so I don't hold any stock myself.

Thanks all!
Build a brand and you can get rich with T-shirts.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Guys,

Thanks all!
In my opinion the print on demand are low quality. I sell shirts using a few vendors on printful. I wear the shirts very often and they fade so fast. The shirts are great, but the inks suck.

I sell them for $19, almost no profit and honestly I’m surprised no customers have complained yet. If I priced them at $28 I’d feel guilty selling them.

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
i have some designs on several pod platforms . My intention was to make nice shirts for me and tat was the easiest way. Quality is ok. Even Color is ok after a year and I still love them.
But because its so easy with pod, no one even found o e shirt of mine to buy. I don’t advertise.

Sponsored Offers

Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Text from today... Muhammad Ali said, "I hated every minute of training", but followed with...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
With 300+ students, the method and/or main sources of traffic don't saturate? Seems web design...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - I sent out some emails with the updates but I'll PM you now also, thanks. The issue is...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom