The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Aduramus

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Alright friends, I have a little secret.

it's kind of dirty.

Are you ready for it?

Lean in closer.

I didn't brush my teeth this morning.

Gross right? I know, i know. But here's why.

I hopped out of bed this morning and raced my a$$ out of the door as quickly as humanly possible.

The first thing I did in the morning was check my phone to see an e-mail from OntraPages.

Subject: New Contact in OntraPages!

Someone filled out one of my lead gen forms! Someone in North Texas needs a locksmith! (Only bad thing is that the contact came through two hours ago eeek.) Nevertheless I still put out a call to a locksmith in his area.

I'm feeling so excited. I go sit down in the cafeteria for breakfast where I have no cell signal.

I finish up about twenty minutes later and head out to the bus, as soon as I reconnect I see a notification from someone in North Texas needing windshield repairs! Sure enough, I put in the call to a local business, but damnit, the customer had already called!

So far both of the leads I've given have fallen through (I didn't need $20 anyways) but still - my ads are getting leads! This is awesome!

Thanks @Andy Black and @eliquid

Let's keep moving.

ADURAMUS

Woohoo! One (ok, two) in a row!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YariannnMartinez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Nov 8, 2016
Miami
Had some extra time decided to look through a progress thread and i'm glad i found yours, lots of information on ad words. Don't give up there's plenty of money to be made online as long as you push through your failures. Hope to see you post more as you make progress!

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Lowkey, entrepreneur blues have been kicking me straight in the buns recently.

That said, after a good talk with a great friend (he sat there quietly and I thought out loud - usually how that goes) I found something that I might be interested in looking into.

I noticed that a lot of areas of startup construction are covered. There's software/services/products for ideation, collaborating, team building, payroll, POS, etc. etc. etc.

However, I noticed that there was one key element that I'd never seen available. A product or service that told me if my idea was worthwhile! What if there was a company I could hire to complete my proof of concept for me using AdWords, and either let me know that results seem positive and continue advertising at a negotiable rate, and if the results are negative, suggest and test ways to pivot (or be the bearer of good news, and encourage our customers to continue business elsewhere, and save whatever time/capital they may have spent.)

What are your thoughts? Think there's any salt in this?

ADURAMUS

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Lowkey, entrepreneur blues have been kicking me straight in the buns recently.

That said, after a good talk with a great friend (he sat there quietly and I thought out loud - usually how that goes) I found something that I might be interested in looking into.

I noticed that a lot of areas of startup construction are covered. There's software/services/products for ideation, collaborating, team building, payroll, POS, etc. etc. etc.

However, I noticed that there was one key element that I'd never seen available. A product or service that told me if my idea was worthwhile! What if there was a company I could hire to complete my proof of concept for me using AdWords, and either let me know that results seem positive and continue advertising at a negotiable rate, and if the results are negative, suggest and test ways to pivot (or be the bearer of good news, and encourage our customers to continue business elsewhere, and save whatever time/capital they may have spent.)

What are your thoughts? Think there's any salt in this?

ADURAMUS
Yes, it's phase 1 of engagements I have with new AdWords clients. It's how I sell my process to them: we'll buy data first and then sit down and determine what it means. If it has legs we'll work out how to dial it in, if it doesn't have legs we can give it a swift bullet.

It's also the process of dialling it in for clients anyway. We're finding and optimising mini-funnels for their products/services.

In the past I've been told this could be a good standalone service to provide, and worth a *lot*, especially to startups.

However, I don't want to work with businesses that have money from investors and none from customers. If my job is new product development then I'd rather do that for my own business than someone else's.

Personally I prefer to "help the people in motion" - the businesses already making sales and the business people who already have a track record.

Don't let that put you off. There were some attempts at this (www.quickmvp.com) and maybe there's some businesses doing well offering this as a specific standalone service.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Yes, it's phase 1 of engagements I have with new AdWords clients. It's how I sell my process to them: we'll buy data first and then sit down and determine what it means. If it has legs we'll work out how to dial it in, if it doesn't have legs we can give it a swift bullet.

It's also the process of dialling it in for clients anyway. We're finding and optimising mini-funnels for their products/services.

In the past I've been told this could be a good standalone service to provide, and worth a *lot*, especially to startups.

However, I don't want to work with businesses that have money from investors and none from customers. If my job is new product development then I'd rather do that for my own business than someone else's.

Personally I prefer to "help the people in motion" - the businesses already making sales and the business people who already have a track record.

Don't let that put you off. There were some attempts at this (www.quickmvp.com) and maybe there's some businesses doing well offering this as a specific standalone service.

Awesome - thanks for the sitelink!

I definitely think this can hold it's own as a product.

So approach a few budding startups on some online forums // meetup groups // networking events.

Offer a few to market test their idea with no service fee (they only pay ad spend/site fees.)

I then identify a few keywords that fit their issue, build a small website, and drive traffic until spend is exhausted.

Report back with Avg. position, ACTR, ACPC, ACTS/ACTL/ACTQ, E-mail signups, (the rest of the important metrics), and based off of this, suggest whether to venture forward, or perhaps pivot into another niche (via the search terms customers used to find the site.)

Should they venture on, I can charge for ad consultation at the enterprise level. Should they pivot, perhaps I could offer a free ad consult (to identify new keywords, web pages, etc.) then charge at the enterprise level for ad management.

Thoughts? (I love time zones. Morning by the way!)

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Hey all! It's about time for an update - I've missed ya.

So, long story short, I've been gulping up AdWords knowledge like no other this past month. I've put a lot of thought into my idea of starting a specialized marketing business for concept testing various different products - as a product! (I.e. One time purchases, not a service-based business. A business, not a firm/agency.)

That said, ironically, I haven't had the funds available to concept test my idea of concept testing others' ideas! I'm going to start setting money aside specifically to be used for Ad Spend.

-

As for boosting that money, I've had an idea for a side hustle. I remember touring an apartment complex not too long ago that offered trash valet to the tune of $35/month. You simply leave the bags outside your door, and an employee swings by to grab them during a certain timeframe.

The temperatures are averaging ~100F/38C where I live, no one wants to walk up and down three flights of stairs to take the trash out!

I've considered offering this very service in my own complex for $20/mo. There are about 100 individual apartments here, and the complex is at full capacity. Even if only 10% sign on, that's still an extra $200 I get to take home every month! I'll be printing a round of flyers soon to see how this goes. Anyone tried anything similar?

-

Oh, and speaking of AdWords, ya boy is AdWords certified! I just passed the AdWords Fundamentals and the Search Advertising exams today. I plan to be picking up a few more of these certifications here soon. (That said, a lot of this information was very readily available within the Google Support section. Do these certifications really carry any weight?)

Let's go!

ADURAMUS

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
(That said, a lot of this information was very readily available within the Google Support section. Do these certifications really carry any weight?)

Well, when you have no previous customer references, I guess it couldn't hurt.

There are lots of businesses in our town that could benefit from Adwords. Time to find some!

The trash idea sounds great, especially if you're in the complex already. Easy quick hustle.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
So, a bit of forward planning here.

I took a survey from my complex managers today, wherein they asked several questions about amenities and the like, often mentioning valet trash!

I plan to have a website where people can come in, purchase a 1, 3, 6, or 12 month subscription, and I simply make a list of apartments to stop by during business hours.

How can I package my service into a brand, which can be sold/licensed to other complexes in the area? Why should a complex hire my company when they can simply arrange for valet trash using their own maintenance crew?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.