The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Admitting there's a problem is the first step.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
*Stands*

My name is Jeff, and I'm a wantrepreneur.

*Sits*

Why do I feel this way? Well, because I want to do something. In fact, I want to do lots of somethings. "So do it," you might say. I would love to. I would love to just pick something, commit 10,000% to it, and do it. Why can't I? Because as much as everyone preaches that you have to make $1 before you can make $100, I keep telling myself that the $1 is too little. If I'm doing something, it needs to be MASSIVE. But I'm doing it all wrong.

I don't want to hear "well you can't skip steps." No shit. The problem is that with every small step in progress, my mind goes from that little step to trying to skip the next 5. Reinvesting only that $1 will never yield a 10,000% return, no matter what amount of time you allow it.

Can someone give me a mental and emotional beat down? Not a "keep going, you'll get there" style pep talk, that's what I do with my 3 year old when he tries to beat some level on "Angry Birds." More of a "you suck until you prove me wrong."

Believe it or not, this is no cry for help, or hand holding, or even advice. This is my shallow attempt at trying to FOCUS on one single thing at a time, instead of investing $1 profit from one thing in to something entirely unrelated.

Missing the ability to commit yourself to one thing at a time seems to be the Achilles heel to many of us beginning our journeys. This is where the winners and losers are discovered, and either encouraged or eaten. This is where the Shark Tank of the real world comes in to play. Sink or swim, you need to commit to ONE SINGLE THING AT A TIME. Otherwise you'll stretch yourself beyond the breaking point. Yep, there ARE OPPORTUNITIES EVERYWHERE. That is where the root of most problems shows itself. We want the path of least resistance, so when we start on a path but notice something that might be easier, we take the side street. A little "shortcut to success," if you will.

When that becomes a larger path that's more difficult to navigate, and we see another side street, we turn again. We fail to remember that the shortest distance from one point to another is a straight line ie. one single path. It may have hills that slow down our progress, but when you reach the top, you can accelerate without any effort. Sure, there may be another hill - but every one has a peak, and over every peak is some free acceleration.

I offer this thread, as insignificant as it may be in your life and journey, to show the effects of what happens - in a real life, day to day fashion - when someone does exactly what it seems that I'm doing to myself. Focus and commitment are necessary to success, and without them you end up right where you started.

This is my commitment to hold myself accountable for my own actions or inactions, my focus or lack thereof, my commitment or estrangement, and my faithfulness or adulteration of these ideas that could each be incredible if executed properly, and raised from birth to maturity.

Will I exorcise my entrepreneurial demons, or will I be overcome by the evils that I subconsciously foster and generally succumb to on a conscious level? Is there room for me in the trillion dollar pond?

I guess I'll find out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

adal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 14, 2014
I guess you should choose the project you feel is the most promising and ignore everything else

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
*Stands*

My name is Jeff, and I'm a wantrepreneur.

*Sits*

Why do I feel this way? Well, because I want to do something. In fact, I want to do lots of somethings. "So do it," you might say. I would love to. I would love to just pick something, commit 10,000% to it, and do it. Why can't I? Because as much as everyone preaches that you have to make $1 before you can make $100, I keep telling myself that the $1 is too little. If I'm doing something, it needs to be MASSIVE. But I'm doing it all wrong.

I don't want to hear "well you can't skip steps." No shit. The problem is that with every small step in progress, my mind goes from that little step to trying to skip the next 5. Reinvesting only that $1 will never yield a 10,000% return, no matter what amount of time you allow it.

Can someone give me a mental and emotional beat down? Not a "keep going, you'll get there" style pep talk, that's what I do with my 3 year old when he tries to beat some level on "Angry Birds." More of a "you suck until you prove me wrong."

Believe it or not, this is no cry for help, or hand holding, or even advice. This is my shallow attempt at trying to FOCUS on one single thing at a time, instead of investing $1 profit from one thing in to something entirely unrelated.

Missing the ability to commit yourself to one thing at a time seems to be the Achilles heel to many of us beginning our journeys. This is where the winners and losers are discovered, and either encouraged or eaten. This is where the Shark Tank of the real world comes in to play. Sink or swim, you need to commit to ONE SINGLE THING AT A TIME. Otherwise you'll stretch yourself beyond the breaking point. Yep, there ARE OPPORTUNITIES EVERYWHERE. That is where the root of most problems shows itself. We want the path of least resistance, so when we start on a path but notice something that might be easier, we take the side street. A little "shortcut to success," if you will.

When that becomes a larger path that's more difficult to navigate, and we see another side street, we turn again. We fail to remember that the shortest distance from one point to another is a straight line ie. one single path. It may have hills that slow down our progress, but when you reach the top, you can accelerate without any effort. Sure, there may be another hill - but every one has a peak, and over every peak is some free acceleration.

I offer this thread, as insignificant as it may be in your life and journey, to show the effects of what happens - in a real life, day to day fashion - when someone does exactly what it seems that I'm doing to myself. Focus and commitment are necessary to success, and without them you end up right where you started.

This is my commitment to hold myself accountable for my own actions or inactions, my focus or lack thereof, my commitment or estrangement, and my faithfulness or adulteration of these ideas that could each be incredible if executed properly, and raised from birth to maturity.

Will I exorcise my entrepreneurial demons, or will I be overcome by the evils that I subconsciously foster and generally succumb to on a conscious level? Is there room for me in the trillion dollar pond?

I guess I'll find out.

You've read too many books. You talk in too many platitudes. Stop F*cking talking and start taking action. This is your 400th post on here. WTF? 400 posts? You posted this like a noob. You're too easy on yourself.
Shit or get off the pot. Stop talking about it.

Either subscribe to your current life, or change it. Nobody gives a shit. You want your legacy to be that of a fast food worker? Fine. History will forget you.

But posting this thread is in and of itself an action fake. You are the type of guy that I would meet with, and then never meet with again. I have met you 100 times, with 100 different faces. Almost all of those 100 are still...exactly...where you are at today.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Everyone needs to vent. Take a deep breath. Go for a long run. Exercise! You feel time is running out and you are racing against it. I know the feeling.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
144678206749297793_OW2ue7UN_c.jpg

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I hate your OP.
You know what though @Vigilante, I do too. I'm not sure I would call it action fake, but it's definitely something.

I took the time to write that because - I have the knowledge, I have the skill, I have the drive and motivation, but I can't get out of my own way. Anything that I'm missing can be found or bought, but the mentality is what needs to change. I'm calling myself out on the one single thing that cripples my progress, and yeah - it's a bullshit excuse. I get that, I own it, and I'm changing that.

Not "I want" to change that.

You definitely took a nice shot to my mental nuts there, sir. I embrace it. There's no denying the truth in your response.

Thanks, Vig. Sincerely.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly

Not going to beat you down haha. But damn..We are both from the same area...

You Woke up on Sunday and did what? Posted here? I went into a shop on West Chester Pike and took a $500 check from a lady who wanted to do a deal with me. I can make money on her ten times over now.

Didn't have a website. Didn't have the product in hand. Actually, I'm drop shipping it then repackaging. Easy.

And that's not even my current biz. I just wanted to make money...

So think if it this way...locally, you are completing against people like me. People who will wake up at 5am and kick your a$$. And there are people out there kicking my a$$. Trust me.

Now you have to Keep up...

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Not going to beat you down haha. But damn..We are both from the same area...

You Woke up on Sunday and did what? Posted here? I went into a shop on West Chester Pike and took a $500 check from a lady who wanted to do a deal with me. I can make money on her ten times over now.

Didn't have a website. Didn't have the product in hand. Actually, I'm drop shipping it then repackaging. Easy.

And that's not even my current biz. I just wanted to make money...

So think if it this way...locally, you are completing against people like me. People who will wake up at 5am and kick your a$$. And there are people out there kicking my a$$. Trust me.

Now you have to Keep up...
Stuff like this is what keeps me going back to this F*cking mindset. Like "damn, wtf did I miss there?"

That's the point of my OP. I'm screwing myself over by not focusing on one thing at a time. At this point, it's almost like research and learning stuff is my enemy. How stupid is that?!

Don't answer that. I already know.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
In Philadelphia, PA, there is a shelter called the Drueding Center (on Master Street). Drueding Center was founded in 1987 by the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer to provide transitional housing and support services to homeless women with dependent children.

Here's your chance to make a difference.

If you have taken significant action in your life, and posted that via. a progress thread to the forum by May 15th 2014 (one month from now) I will send you a care package you get to hand deliver to the Drueding Center worth $500 retail. Our mutual (product) donation will benefit homeless women and children. You will get to see first hand what the impact of this is. You can hand deliver this to the shelter.

If you fail to take action, and/or make meaningful progress to push past your barriers, the deal is off. And see, in so doing, you have not only sat on your a$$, but you have cost other people something of value. I can do this anywhere. I want to do it with you. In your back yard. To your community.

So Go. No more bullshit posts. Just tangible, fast lane action.

Time to put my money where your mouth is. I look forward to your updates. Don't screw this up. People are depending on you.

http://www.druedingcenter.org/DruedingCenter/DruedingCenter.aspx

jpa0827

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 13, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
Stop F*cking talking and start taking action. This is your 400th post on here. WTF? 400 posts?.

This....

You've only been on the forum for a little over a month. That is a lot of posting and I am sure more than half of those are a waste of time and energy that could be redirected at finding the right business or whatever it is you want to do.

I was excited when I hit my 100th post...That took me almost a year. Until you start taking real action it might be better to listen more than talk.

Last edited:

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
In Philadelphia, PA, there is a shelter called the Drueding Center (on Master Street). Drueding Center was founded in 1987 by the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer to provide transitional housing and support services to homeless women with dependent children.

Here's your chance to make a difference.

If you have taken significant action in your life, and posted that via. a progress thread to the forum by May 15th 2014 (one month from now) I will send you a care package you get to hand deliver to the Drueding Center worth $500 retail. Our mutual (product) donation will benefit homeless women and children. You will get to see first hand what the impact of this is. You can hand deliver this to the shelter.

If you fail to take action, and/or make meaningful progress to push past your barriers, the deal is off. And see, in so doing, you have not only sat on your a$$, but you have cost other people something of value. I can do this anywhere. I want to do it with you. In your back yard. To your community.

So Go. No more bullshit posts. Just tangible, fast lane action.

Time to put my money where your mouth is. I look forward to your updates. Don't screw this up. People are depending on you.

http://www.druedingcenter.org/DruedingCenter/DruedingCenter.aspx
Talk about incentive to not screw this up.....

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Think about it differently. You can take some pictures of the stuff when it arrives as a celebration that you are moving the ball forward and impacting people's lives. Yes, the whole forum is watching to see what you do. You will tangibly impact peoples lives 30 days or less from now! There's no pressure if there is no alternative but taking action. Re-read the Millionaire Fastlane if you need to. We'll know in a month of your post was an action fake or not. As of now, only you know. Only you know if you have what it takes inside of you to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and drive forward.

I look forward to seeing the update. I only want your mailing address when this goal is met and we're ready to roll into the Drueding Center. My guess is the next 30 days won't be filled with bullshit posts and feeling sorry for your inaction. So go.

I wonder who the Moms and kids are that will be blessed by your action. Think of things way bigger than you. You'll get this done. Tag me in your progress thread when you create it do that I don't miss it.

Go.

NoLackey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 1, 2014
I could have written this post. We are that similar in our issues, struggles and wheel spinnage.

Your problem isnt just committing to something. You have a listening issue. If MJ or Zen Dolphin for example told you to do ONLY 2 simple things for the next 3 months you'd do it for a couple days before doing your own thing on the side and pretend to be doing as they say. You think you know best despite your lack of results.

You also don't really know what successful means to you. Your goal is to become rich, not succesful. There is actually a big difference. This is why you cant let earning $1 suffice; you want to make $1000 on day one to define your success.

If you were building an amazing product or service that genuinely made peoples life easier, yet you lost money your first 6 months you'd probably chalk it up to failure; the. You'd be on to the next money making idea. Someone else might keep pushing and make that same product/service in to a million dollar business. They wanted success not just quick money.

Look at likwid and the paint brush cover. Absolutely no disrespect to him but while trying to come up with ideas you might think its too simple, dumb, or not enough money in it. It wasnt a new tech idea that could be bought out in a few years for billions. He knew its value though and kept with it and now everyone is probably thinking "Shit! Its so simple and genius! Why didn't I think of it..."

I'm at the risk of sounding like a hypocrite because I'm in the same position, but its all starting to click.

These are all observations from your posts but like I said I feel we are in the same boat and these are also some of my issues.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I would love to. I would love to just pick something, commit 10,000% to it, and do it. Why can't I?

This mentality is a rationalisation. "I want to but can't because x". There is a saying, "those who can, do, those who can't make excuses and reasons why they can't". These rationalisations are endless until you make a stand against them and add more trouble into the mix.

There is plenty out there to do, you just need to get involved deeply enough that it starts interesting you.
When you do that, you will get fixated on a path and it will be up to you to succeed at it.

Missing the ability to commit yourself to one thing at a time seems to be the Achilles heel to many

Its just avoidance. You just need to get "interested in" the foundations of a business, and instead of wish washily saying "hey I like business", you need a more robust connection to it that annoys the living hell out of you :p.
Have some reasonably high standards, and get aggressive enough that you develop towards it. "No I can't stop here!"

Is there room for me in the trillion dollar pond?

Doesn't matter if there is room, virtually no one cares what you make. Its not like its stamped on your forehead. And you are not going to change the economic status of other people.

This week I was binge watching graphic design tutorials on youtube. The reason for this was, I was totally clueless for what the hell I was going to do with everything. I was sitting around waiting for my subconscious to figure stuff out, and since I was doing very little, I started watching stuff I felt would help with the next few weeks of work (concepts and presentation).

The point being, I'm always working. Always stretching, always in labor, birthing some new step in the idea. If I'm not, I feel very uncomfortable.
Big, clear, hit you in the face steps, only come through that laboring process and getting familiar with biz ideas in your own way.

There is also an inherent fascination that kicks in at one point, where you just look at stuff, sit with it, and do work. You require silence, and just a pen and paper, and you jot down things to flesh out and readjust the concept. Fear often is what stops that process earlier on (but don't believe the fear that tells you that you can't do it now, if it is ever going to get done now is the time).

Get one HOT lead. Stick with it. Then get another HOT lead. Do your best with the opportunity infront of you. Dig into it, and don't worry about if its the all time best, just worry about if you are wasting time, or if you are making progress to something that has a chance to prove concepts (proven concepts make cash).

Inside you is already a way to keep yourself accountable, you don't want to fail. You are failing everytime you don't care enough to burn holes in paper with your laser like focus :p

Burn a hole so deep you fall in. That way you can't fail, only get outraged and motivated to pour out the love and dive into success at full speed with no net.

Last edited:

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Of course. No forum rule against it. In fact, this can be your progress thread. You don't need a pre-progress thread. After all.... isn't the point of this whole thing that you are going to stop with the "pre" stuff?
Now, to quote vig: GO.

D

DeletedUser2

o Go. No more bullshit posts. Just tangible, fast lane action.

I will Add 100 bucks Cash to this when Vig Sends it. SO I'm investing in your ACTION

now stop F*cking around.

Z

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Am I allowed to use this as some sort of pre-progress thread?

We have no issues in renaming threads or moving them, so sure. The posted history serves as a great reminder to where you've been. Imagine if you could look back at this 1 year from now and say, "Wow, I've come a long way ... it was hard, but so FN worth it!" How do you think Sal feels when he looks back to his first post when he committed to the Paint Brush Cover? I imagine, it's like being high on your own adrenaline, serotonin, or whatever chemicals are firing in our brains.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Additionally, if you fail I'll be donating $500 to a random hate group in your name. (you'll have to guess if i'm joking or not)

About your OP:
Action fakers write more. They feel explanations are in order.
Successful people don't need explanations.

If you've got an hour to meditate on this information, do so.

D

DeletedUser2

Will I exorcise my entrepreneurial demons,

send me 10, $100 dollar checks
every Monday, you email me what the F*ck you going to do.
every Friday if it aint done, I get to cash a check.

I don't even care if you don't have the money in your account.
because, I can collect it. one way or another.
Z

Bimmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Apr 5, 2014
I've been there where you are now.. and the only solution is TAKING ACTION! Seriously, just take action! It doesn't matter what you do, just move forward

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Alright, I think instead of just saying take action, no matter what, take action just do it buddy take action (which I agree), it's a time for honing in on where to focus. Entrepreneur ADHD...

I would do this. Work backwords:

1. Create a list of all your possibilities that you can think of. Things you have thought of.... Just list them. Could be 5 things, could be 50. All Business Ideas, Money Makers.

2. Determine who you want to be in 5 years. Maybe pick someone you look up to, or someone you just aspire to be like. Maybe you know who you are but not sure how to get there. Write it down.

3. In order to achieve your goal of becoming that awesome person in 5 years where do you need to be in 3 years, 1 year, etc. Write it down.

4. Stare at what you wrote for where you need to be at year 1.

5. Go back and look at the list you created in step 1. Which vehicle will get you to where you need to be? Now, you could say all of them. But sincerely look at the list again and determine who you are. How do you want to be perceived? Do you want to be a person who has invested in many companies? Do you want to be a person who does one thing better than anyone else? Do you want to be a person who delivers a product? Do you want to be a person who provides help through a service? If you can't decide, start there. Determine who you want to be. Then choose the vehicle that best mirrors who you want to be. It is NOT easy but usually the ADHD comes from "identity crisis".

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
@Vigilante - I accept this challenge, wholly. It's not was I was expecting, but I F*cking love it.

@zen******* - I accept your challenge as well. I'll PM you for your mailing address in a little while.

@Rem - That is an awesome plan of attack, and I'll be using it, along with some behind the scenes advice to get a strong start.

@DennisDuty - I took a few hours to meditate, reread all of the comments, and reread a few portions of TMF . I'm not leaving the risk of a joke or not on the table.

@MJ DeMarco - To get to that level of achievement and the resulting high, I honestly can not wait to feel. Small steps though, small steps :)

@RogueInnovation - Damn man! That shit was deep! Let the poker begin!

@AroundTheWorld - I haven't picked yet - I had to take some time and straighten my damn head first. Tomorrow morning, I start my process.

Everybody - Thanks for proving to everyone on the forum how selfless you all really are. Even behind some harsh words and strong opinions, I feel the love. Well except from Dennis, and his "hate group" donation threat. Haha

Buckle up, kids. It's time we go for a ride!

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
@Vigilante

@zen*******
@Rem

@DennisDuty

@MJ DeMarco
@RogueInnovation

@AroundTheWorld

Hold up - r we talkin about betting? My money is on @IAmTheJeff . I got 20 bucks against any takers. He will not only meet Vigs expectations - but my money says he will exceed those expectations. He will gain a ton of rep for taking the action. He will gain a ton more of self confidence. Any takers?

Last edited:

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
@KLaw, don't forget - zen******* will be holding $1k worth of checks, signed, ready to be cashed if I don't follow through with my weekly progress projections. They'll be in a flat rate envelope first thing in the morning. I'm playing no games here - I'm all in.

My plan: the rest of this week will be spent researching the living hell out of different possible needs I every possible industry. Cold calls, warm calls, and research online are going to be my method. I'll also stop in offices that are locally accessible. I'm going to try to figure out how to pre-sell a solution if it's possible for what I find. Where's @IceCreamKid when you need him??'

Before The weekend, I will analyze the data that I collect and choose the most popular need.

From then until May 15th (and beyond) I'll work tirelessly until I build a business that can at very least be a stepping stone toward Massive.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Where's @IceCreamKid when you need him??

I'm taking some time off from the forum to focus more on my 2nd business, bro. I'm handing my primary one off to my dad as soon as everything is automated. Sales dropped from $2k a day to $200 a day at one point because I didn't do my due diligence, but the problem has been fixed and I'm slowly growing back to $2k a day. The whole journey will be discussed at C&B.

My plan: the rest of this week will be spent researching the living hell out of different possible needs I every possible industry.

Okay I always say take action daily, but you have to be laser focused and execute smartly about it. Don't research every possible industry, that takes too much time. You need some filters so that you can quickly weed out the industries that you should avoid.

Pick lucrative industries that have lots of money flowing around. Preferably an industry that is growing, not contracting. Make sure that you can reach the business owners by phone. E-mail is not personal enough and it's very difficult to find pains unless you pick up the damn phone.

I'm going to try to figure out how to pre-sell a solution if it's possible for what I find.

Don't worry about pre-selling right now. At the core it's very simple and all about building rapport, creating trust, and establishing credibility. If you actually get to the point of getting the guts to pick up the phone and talk to people to find the pain, I'll show you the process I'm currently using to pre-sell $20k among 10 people. It's sorta like a JackEdwards angle.

But yeah, don't worry about pre-selling. There's no point in knowing how to pre-sell if you don't have a pain in front of you to solve. You don't need to know the 99 steps ahead of you...you only need the first 2 steps. So pick an industry based on the filters that I just gave you then start calling them.

There is a good chance that someone will want equity partnership in your company simply because they gave you the idea. Politely decline. This is a sign that they are a rookie entrepreneur and have never experienced the real roller-coaster of emotions that being in business puts you through. When you take your first business to $100k, you will realize that the idea is worth 10% and the other 90% is pure hustle. You'd be surprised how far you can get by simply taking action daily.

The amount of satisfaction you will have with your life is directly correlated with how much uncertainty you are willing to stomach. So learn to be okay with uncertainty. I consider lack of clarity to be good in a way because that means you are now questioning your old reality and are slowly welcoming a new, better reality into your life.

Chances are a whole ton of emotions are going to rise to the surface and start messing with your head in the process unless you are an emotionless robot. This is where you start to realize that the idea is almost insignificant and that process is everything. Remember this: when you are in a state of confusion, there is usually an unconscious emotion blocking you. Learn to identify what those emotions are and master it.

“I’m scared to take the wrong action. I feel like I need to be prepared before doing anything.”

“People don’t take me seriously, I’m too young, not qualified enough, etc.”

“People will think I’m trying to cheat them.”

“This is too hard. There’s too much information out there. I don’t know where to start.”

“I don’t have enough money to get started.”

If you are having mindset issues just send me a PM and I'll do my best to walk you through sorting your head out. You can have all of the steps for a successful business laid out before you, but if you cannot condition your mindset to that of a go getter, the future obstacles may overwhelm you or even paralyze you into taking zero action. Mindset is everything.

Throw your TV on Craigslist for free and have someone pick it up immediately. Instead of spending 1 hour on TV each night, spend 1 hour copying some Gary Halbert sales letters to learn copywriting. You need to master these 2 things bro:

1. Learn to identify pain points that can scale.
2. Learn to create a compelling and convincing offer that you can market to the masses. That's what copywriting is for.

I will analyze the data that I collect and choose the most popular need.

This is up for debate, but I would choose a need that I may have some interest in even if that means less money. If I'm going to be involved with a business for the next 3-5 years then I want to be at least somewhat interested in the topic on some level. I'm not saying that I have to be ultra passionate for it, but there has to be some genuine interest.

Like most things worth pursuing in life, this requires effort on your part. If you are willing to work harder than you do in your 9-5 then the universe will reward you for it.

I'm not sure how old you are or if you have a gf/wife, but hopefully she supports the path that you are taking. Most people will think you're nuts.

Take action daily. Get the ice cream.

You are half man/half amazing and possess superhero powers to solve the needs and pains of others. That is your sole purpose. You are not chasing money, you are a pain solver. All that you want is to leave your mark on this planet and leave the world a better place than when you entered it by solving the pains of others. That is all. It's not about money. Money is nothing more than a reflection of the amount of value you give to the world.

You are at peace with who you are. You are not seeking validation from others, including the business owners you are contacting. You give yourself permission to be your true self...a guy who only wants to solve the pains of others, with zero attachment to personal gain. When you approach them with sincerity and show your authentic flawed self with them, they will do the same and admit their pains and needs to you. That is all you need...to love others.

For it is in giving that we receive…and that is the true essence of the Fastlane. It’s not about you. It’s about them.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.