The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Modern Email Marketing God

Marketing, social media, advertising

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Hey all,

I'm looking for possibly some guidance towards an expert in email marketing (their website/youtube/whatever)

A video course preferably, I'm a visual learner.

Basically, I'm looking for someone who can show how to make email campaigns that apply correct practices and will help me generate sales from my emails.

I'm currently working on driving traffic to one of my products and I have built an email list of over 200+ people.

However...I've done NOTHING with it.

Well, thats not 100% true.

I built a drip feed campaign that offers free sections of my video course product and basically says please buy it because its 80% off on the 5th email.

I feel like I'm doing it all wrong.

61235031.jpg

I've searched high and low but everyone seems too 'buy my product now'...[HASHTAG]#WFstyle[/HASHTAG].
I smell bs most of the time.

Any recommendations: appreciated and used for greater good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Copy is a giant beast unto itself. If you'd like to learn there are many fantastic instructors: Dan Kennedy, Frank Kern, John Carlton, and many more... they have lots of books you'll have to go through (unfortunately learning how to write well will mean READING a lot -- not quite the visual you're looking for.

However, I'd highly highly recommend joining up at Digital Marketer. Their monthly membership pays for itself thousands of times over. Inside you'll find templates, flows, and everything you need to actually IMPLEMENT email campaigns without having to slog through the 200-300 books on sales, marketing, and copy I've read.

The difference between these guys and everyone else is they actually make more money marketing their own businesses than they do teaching people how to market businesses.

If you need help with a specific email feel free to post one up and we can re-write it.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Copy is a giant beast unto itself. If you'd like to learn there are many fantastic instructors: Dan Kennedy, Frank Kern, John Carlton, and many more... they have lots of books you'll have to go through (unfortunately learning how to write well will mean READING a lot -- not quite the visual you're looking for.

However, I'd highly highly recommend joining up at Digital Marketer. Their monthly membership pays for itself thousands of times over. Inside you'll find templates, flows, and everything you need to actually IMPLEMENT email campaigns without having to slog through the 200-300 books on sales, marketing, and copy I've read.

The difference between these guys and everyone else is they actually make more money marketing their own businesses than they do teaching people how to market businesses.

If you need help with a specific email feel free to post one up and we can re-write it.

Thank you so much for this.

100% going to go over to Digital Marketer and have a look.

I'll make another post once I get access to my emails and I'll get them uploaded here so everyone can see + take the value after they're analysed.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Look on udemy. Loads of courses.

Read/buy Auto Responder Madness. 4 Day Cash Machine. Cashvertising. 80/20 Marketing by Perry Marshall

A list of 200 plus people is really, really small...

Last edited:

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
A list of 200 plus people is really, really small...

It's not the size that matters, its how you use it.

But in all seriousness thanks for the recommendations, will jump on to autoresponder madness.

I honestly didn't find anything on Udemy that caught my fancy.
Maybe something i'll consider in the future to focus a course development on.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Email Marketing Demystified: Build a Massive Mailing List, Write Copy that Converts and Generate More Sales by Matthew Paulson (Author), Elisa Doucette (Editor), John McIntyre (Foreword)

I heard a podcast episode with the author on Jaime Masters' (formerly Jaime Tardy) podcast and I was impressed. I wouldn't have heard of the book or considered buying it based on the cover, but after hearing him on the podcast and seeing the price, I bought it right away.

Podcast Episode: http://eventualmillionaire.com/matthewpaulson2/

Book ($0.99): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015F6ZZC6/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Hey all,

I'm looking for possibly some guidance towards an expert in email marketing (their website/youtube/whatever)

A video course preferably, I'm a visual learner.

Basically, I'm looking for someone who can show how to make email campaigns that apply correct practices and will help me generate sales from my emails.

I'm currently working on driving traffic to one of my products and I have built an email list of over 200+ people.

However...I've done NOTHING with it.

Well, thats not 100% true.

I built a drip feed campaign that offers free sections of my video course product and basically says please buy it because its 80% off on the 5th email.

I feel like I'm doing it all wrong.

61235031.jpg

I've searched high and low but everyone seems too 'buy my product now'...[HASHTAG]#WFstyle[/HASHTAG].
I smell bs most of the time.

Any recommendations: appreciated and used for greater good.

Hey Aaron,
Nice job getting a product put together and a site launched. So many people haven't even gotten that far. Kudos to you!

I surfed through your site a bit. I know you're asking for email marketing help but after looking around your site I think you'd really benefit from reading some of the classic copywriting books. They'll help you become better email marketers. Plus, your CTA's and copy you use everywhere on your site will start converting and communicating better. Just start reading, taking notes, and trying them out in your copy.

- Read
- Learn
- Experiment
- Continue to improve.

One of my businesses has a lot of technical language that people like to use in this industry. So, I used to write lots of long sentences and larger words because that's what lots of other people were doing when they wrote in this industry.

But, eventually after a couple years I realized that my buyers were just regular people. Many of which have reading skills at about an 9th grade level tops. So, I started simplifying my words. Shorter sentences. Writing more like I talk.
It's worked really well and I think it will work for you too.

That's one of the many thousands of things I learned from studying the masters.

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
Also, you have a big fat link in your menu bar that leads to your Youtube channel. That Youtube channel has no business, marketing, or product videos. Just some hiphop videos.

Dude you gotta clean that up :) Remove that link from your site until you improve your Youtube for business.

I'm your target market because I'd like to learn more about instagram marketing. But, if I saw that...i'd think amateur.

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
Ben Settle

He doesn't do videos but there are a few video interviews on his site at bensettle.com

You can also check out his podcast where he gives out tons of (entertaining) value that's superior to many paid courses released by 'goo-roos'.

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
Also, you have a big fat link in your menu bar that leads to your Youtube channel. That Youtube channel has no business, marketing, or product videos. Just some hiphop videos.

Dude you gotta clean that up :) Remove that link from your site until you improve your Youtube for business.

I'm your target market because I'd like to learn more about instagram marketing. But, if I saw that...i'd think amateur.

This is just a guess but that vid has over 2M views and judging from the 2nd comment (1000+ likes) a lot of the views came from instagram.

The video may serve as a case study/social proof of driving traffic via instagram?

P.S. May be biased cuz I like hip hop :)

Growth & Learn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 1, 2015
Southern California
This is just a guess but that vid has over 2M views and judging from the 2nd comment (1000+ likes) a lot of the views came from instagram.

The video may serve as a case study/social proof of driving traffic via instagram?

P.S. May be biased cuz I like hip hop :)
That's a stretch.

Georgy

Stranger in Moscow
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 7, 2016
Canada
Excellent thread and I'm VERY curious to get feedback from you Aaron W. this has been on my to-do list for a while. I started searching on how to capture emails (yes, I'm FAR behind in email marketing). I still don't know what's the best program to capture emails (MailCheat(Chimp) so far triumphs). but after you have the emails what do you do with it? I have ideas of what to do with them lead list but nothing concrete. Looking forward to Aaron's response.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto

Ahh thanks for pointing that out,

My videos for some reason where set to unlisted.............

I don't even know why.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
I suggest listening to any of the 'Pat Flynn' Podcasts that have Ramit Sethi on. He talks deeply about pricing and consumer knowledge. Very good stuff. Let me know your thoughts after you do.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
@Kung Fu Steve

As requested an email. They all basically run in the same format.
I'm looking at purchasing Digital Marketer next week once my time free's up so I can dedicate time to learn.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Email Subject: Strategy #1: Increase Engagement 55x

Hey !

Today I'm going to tell you how to get 55x more engagement extremely quickly on your Instagram account.

In this weeks video I'm going to run over how I get (on a brand new account with 0 followers) over 40+ likes and 5+ unique comments.
Imagine how powerful this will be on an established account!

Click the link below and make sure to leave me a comment on your thoughts or if you have any questions, I answer everybody!

Click here to see how I do it >>

I'll be catching up with you in a few days, where I'll be showing you exactly how to get free amazing content people love.
So keep around and ready for that.

Thanks and have a great day,

Aaron

PS - This lesson was taken from my Udemy course where you can learn lots of other lessons like this. Keep an eye open because in a few weeks I'll be dropping the course price for you.

Email Subject: Strategy #2: Create Kick a$$ Content

Hey {!firstname_fix}!

Want to make kick a$$ content...
11d612b224a64e00a3c042292c541c09.png

Today I'm going to tell you how to make awesome content people love on Instagram, completely for free, anywhere and any time.

In this weeks video I'm going to run over how you can make content for your Instagram account (live demonstration) and upload the image hashtag optimized like shown the previous week.

It's very awesome...if I haven't mentioned that already.

Click the link below and make sure to leave me a comment on your thoughts or if you have any questions, I answer everybody!

Click here to see how to do it >>

I'll be catching up with you in a few days, where I'll be showing you exactly how to get even more followers, extremely quickly. So keep around and ready for that.

Thanks and have a great day,

Aaron

PS - This lesson was taken from my Udemy course where you can learn lots of other lessons like this. I have a special deal right now where you can grab it for 88% off (that's $23 instead of $194), if your interested click here to find out more.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Sorry, super rushed this morning. But here's a basic idea. Simple is better.

Potential Subject lines: 55x your Instagram Engagment -or- Increase Instagram Engagement... 55x? -or- How to Increase your Instagram Engagement by 55x

===============

Hey it's Aaron here.

I just finished recording a video for you on how to get 55x more engagement on your Instagram account.

You can see it here. [<---Link]

Inside you'll see how I took a brand new channel and loaded it up with instant views, likes, and comments -- and how you can, too.

Let me know what you think.

Increasing Instagram Engagement by 55x. [<---Link]

Aaron

===============

Thoughts as I'm editing:

• Not sure if it was because I copy and pasted. I like to bold and underline but RARELY in an email. I have reason to believe it hurts deliverability. We can go down that rabbit hole another day.
  • Men have a tendency to use exclamation marks... too much! The first three lines ended with them.
  • The only reason for the email is to get them to click on the link. Don't tell a life story, get to the point. See Quicksprout's emails for reference.
I'll have to come back to the thread, I'm running out the door

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's not the size that matters

I agree with this. I made over $3k from a list of 150. I just sent out content, didn't even try to sell anything, and a couple of people hired me.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto

Thanks for this Steve!

Already changed up my campaigns and going to have each video separate on my domains website page Instead of YouTube (so they can get a sneak preview of the next 'locked' video).

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
The thing that would make it even better would be to add specific benefits to the user...

Something like "And with this engagement you'll create more interest in your products & services, generate more traffic, and ultimately increase sales."

That's terrible but I hope you get the idea!

ZMan26

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2016
Sunny Florida
What niches are you guys working with when it comes to email marketing ?

Im gonna start with MMO [ making money online ] niche, but do you guys think I should be more specific ?

BTW @Aaron W did you joined the digital marketer course or whatever the name is ? is it worth it ?

I mean I already have a landing page + thank you page + 7 day sequence in get response, the only thing im lacking is tracking

I have hread of ppl tracking with Quality Click Control - is it necessary ? can't you just track with get response ? what exactly do we want to track except who clicked the e-mail ?

tones of questions here but I hope someone can answer :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.