The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A FEW QUESTIONS ABOUT IMPORTING MY PRODUCT

Anything related to sourcing or importing products.

HealthyArtBoy

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jan 16, 2023
Hello all!

I am currently finishing up prototype testing for my very first product in my e-commerce store, and I'm now trying to get a quote on 1000 units of my product, so I can begin selling. Although I eventually will have my own website for the brand's products (commandment of control), I am starting on amazon.

- However before I can get the quote, my supplier says I need the address to where the products will be going (the amazon warehouse).
- And in order to get the address for the amazon warehouse I need to first create my sellers account
- But in order to create the sellers account I need to know whether to set the business type to "Privately-owned business" or "None, I'm an individual.

On first glance I would guess that I need to select "Privately owned business", but than it says "Enter Business name used to register with your state or government"

- So now I'm assuming I need to register my business as an LLC first before I create the sellers account?

please let me know if I'm answering my own questions, but my brain is starting to get jumbled and I didn't want to make a crazy error that could be avoided. Especially since amazon is borderline threatening me by saying "An incorrect selection may affect the status of your account." in all red lol.

Because my brand is not known yet I want to start with the individual account($0.99 a sale), so I'm not losing $40 every month before I start to profit. But does operating as a "privately owned Business" inhibit me from being able to sell with the individual account? Or can I be registered as a privately owned business and still have an individual seller's account?

I hope my post isn't too disorganized and that my questions are clear.
Thank you in advance for your responses!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matte

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 7, 2018
Italy
If you want to take the business seriously I would just open an LLC and set the business type to "Privately-owned business", you are going to have a lot more options on Amazon and it's going to be a lot easier to get the first sales.

You can offer prime shipping and create PPC campaigns, you are also not limited to selling only 40 units per month.

In the beginning I was like you, I didn't want to take big risks and tried selling with individual account, I didn't get any sales and then I just took the courage and opened a business account.

I have a good product now and selling well and I had other not so good products that didn't make much profits.

Just do a good product research and go for it, even if you break even you will learn a ton and you will know what to do and what not to do in the future.

Btw, you can open an individual account already, and then switch that to a business account when you are ready.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.