The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback Needed for Online Course's Ad and Landing Page

Marketing, social media, advertising

On a scale 1-5 how like would you buy the course?

• 1 - Not at all

• 2 - Rather no, seems like a BS

• 3 - Nah, but would give it a try

• 4 - I like the idea, count me in

• 5 - I am amazed!

Results are only viewable after voting.

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
Dear Fastlaners!

I just finished something completely different than I am used to. A different industry. I took a hobby of my that I self-studied for some years now and created an online course out of it.

In this quick post, all I ask for is a quick feedback on the landing page and the ad video there.

The site is:
matejpeco.com/planning

Basically,

1) How "big" is your bullshit meter while taking a quick look at the site?
2) Would you purchase it yourself or recommend to anybody?
3) Do you think the price is acceptable? The price for the course is $47 and then $27 per month for VIP membership with live calls and other goods.

What is the course about?
In short, you will get fundamentals in strategic goal-setting and planning. That means, you will know how to set long-term, mid-term and short-term goals.

Long-term goals go anywhere from 50 years to 18 months. I got special pdf, docx and Evernote templates for customers to use. For mid-term goals, we create an Action Calendar (2 months -> 2 weeks). Finally, you learn about planning out your month, weeks and days.

You also learn the basics about motivation, inspiration, discipline, flow-state and accountability. Finally you learn how to get optimal health and improve your brain function.

How big is the scam/hype-to-real ratio?
Ever since 2016 I took over 4000 notes about self-development. Everything I am doing comes from experience. I am teaching the same principles that lead me personally to financial and social freedom. Not overnight, but way sooner than most people. I am sharing my very raw planning templates that I personally used and improved since 2016 and onwards.

Yes, the VIP group is paid on a monthly basis, but I still think it's pretty real. I am confident to provide real help to real people over webinars and answer real questions over email.

The only "sleazy" marketing trick is that you will automatically get 1 month of free VIP membership with your purchase. You will not be billed the first 30 days, and you have to cancel it by emailing me manually to avoid extra bills.

What will you do with the money?
I plan to make around $8,000 to $10,000 on a monthly basis from the course and monthly membership.

I am fascinated by allowing humans to communicate by thoughts alone. I am aware of the current technology limitations and possible dangers. However, imagine putting a cap on your and your buddy's head and being able to do videochat and share your images instantly!

That's my long-term vision. Now, it takes extreme amount of resources for the research and technology development, that's why I am going slow. Course first, then a full fledged self-help platform and finally the research. It may take 5-10 years before I even have resources to start.

The money from the course will be used on a complete self-development platform helping millions of people with the same as the course teaches - planning and achieving goals. This platform requires an unique website with login-register system and will come with a mobile app after the web-based MVP.

Here is how it looks like inside of the course:

gvdAhVr.png

And of course I am recommending the awesome Millionaire Fastlane book!
KUutXxG.png

The site is: matejpeco.com/planning

Thank you so much,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hi Matej,

Congratulations on creating your product and getting it to this stage. I can see how much hard work has gone into this. Obviously this is just one persons opinion but these are my immediate observations:

Straight off the back board and the apology for it put me off. "...you can see this is a very beginners kind of set up". Big red flag right there. I would have either invested in a whiteboard, a Flip-Chart Board or used slides for your intro. You need to personify professionalism.

Also, although the site looks professional and loads quickly (something a lot of people overlook), the graphics and layout make it difficult to read. It doesn't flow. Text to the right, text to the left, text to the right AND the left.

Also it doesn't take me on a journey. It doesn't lead me down a path from curious, to enlightened, to engaged, to excited, to convinced, to reaching for my credit card.

Check out https://neilpatel.com/blog/structure-longform-landing-page/

For some good tips

You could also try this style:

Free Presentation: Discover His Secret Obsession | Be Irresistible

This is the current top site in Clickbank in the Self-Help category. If it's at the top of the list you know it is there for a reason and converting extremely well.

Personally I would create both forms and split test them. How are you going to drive traffic?

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
Thank you so much for your honest and feedback @RazorCut. Where did you find the clickbank list please?

1. The Landing Page Video

You are saying that my claim "Here I have a pretty beginner's setup" in the video is a big red flag. Actually a good friend of my in business said the same. I am taking this extremely seriously and will redo the video.

My place is a bit old school so I had pretty hard times positioning myself :)
WXkErFu.jpg

As such, the best place to record is the couch, that's why I'd like the ad to take place there as well, like the course videos:
AWVUsia.png

===========

Alright, from your feedback I see that I can totally just forget about the flipchart until I relocate and just stick with slides and virtual effects.

Tai Lopez was my inspiration in regards of the whiteboard:
K7rllai.jpg

2. The Copy

Thank you for pointing that out! In my previous course, SpigotCourse | Code Spigot Plugins & Sell Them, I tried the flow (right-to-left and back), so here I wanted to try something different.

As a side note, Tai has a totally beginner's setup when promoting 5 Minute Mentor. The copy is simply blocks of text under each other. I know he can pull it off due to his status, but still: 5 Minute Mentor | Tai Lopez
owqRd42.png

Nevertheless, I will look at the copy and make your suggested improvements.

Thanks again!
Matej

Last edited:

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
I am going to drive traffic 90% via paid advertising, YouTube preroll (that's why I created this thread - I need to record another 2-3 minutes video for the preroll), Facebook and Google ads.

Perhaps starting a blog and occasionally recording videos, so that would add the SEO and organic as well.

What would you guys recommend for split testing? Crazy Egg Website Optimization | Heatmaps & A/B Testing or Hotjar - Heatmaps, Visitor Recordings, Conversion Funnels, Form Analytics, Feedback Polls and Surveys in One Platform or anything else?

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Thank you for pointing that out! In my previous course, SpigotCourse | Code Spigot Plugins & Sell Them, I tried the flow (right-to-left and back), so here I wanted to try something different.

Holy crap that's a long page. lol How well does it convert?

You might also want to edit the logo as it still has a Christmas themed Santa hat.

I think the '5 Minute Mentor' page is clear, concise and so easy to follow (though I haven't read the text, just looked at the layout). It looks simple but you can bet a load of analysis went in to creating it so that it is optimised for sales. I see a lot of sales pages like that these days (video up top plus supporting text) so it must be a proven converting format.

Only sure way is to test of course.

Regarding ClickBank just go to the marketplace:
Marketplace - ClickBank

And click the Self Help category. It should be in order of popularity (I can't check right now as they marketplace section is offline).

Last edited:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
1. Right off the bat I'm 3/4 down the page and haven't seen a single testimonial. Even a small slider of quotes right above the "Why this is different" section would suffice.

2. You should make the intro video autoplay

3. CTA buttons should be bigger

4. Keep all the modules sections aligned to the left instead of alternating

5. I agree with Razorcut on looking professional in the video. Is that you giving a talk in the picture down the page? Why not throw up a clip of it for the video?

So far so good! I'm digging the design.

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
Holy crap that's a long page. lol How well does it convert?

You might also want to edit the logo as it still has a Christmas themed Santa hat.

I think the '5 Minute Mentor' page is clear, concise and so easy to follow (though I haven't read the text, just looked at the layout). It looks simple but you can bet a load of analysis went in to creating it so that it is optimised for sales. I see a lot of sales pages like that these days (video up top plus supporting text) so it must be a proven converting format.

Only sure way is to test of course.

Regarding ClickBank just go to the marketplace:
Marketplace - ClickBank

And click the Self Help category. It should be in order of popularity (I can't check right now as they marketplace section is offline).
Thank you for the link!

Well according to Google Analytics my conversion of SpigotCourse | Code Spigot Plugins & Sell Them is ~5%.

Here are data from Google:
ZINzDQ6.png

And here from the course platform provider:
B4rn4GC.png

The earnings are low due to market limitations - these people are usually young and the plugins on that site are sold for $2-15, most of which are under $7 only. That market is not ready for business, that's why I am leaving it.

1. Right off the bat I'm 3/4 down the page and haven't seen a single testimonial. Even a small slider of quotes right above the "Why this is different" section would suffice.

2. You should make the intro video autoplay

3. CTA buttons should be bigger

4. Keep all the modules sections aligned to the left instead of alternating

5. I agree with Razorcut on looking professional in the video. Is that you giving a talk in the picture down the page? Why not throw up a clip of it for the video?

So far so good! I'm digging the design.

Thank you!

1. Will add testimonials from close friends and relatives who tested the schemes, thanks!

2 - 5. Alright thank you so much, will do soon!

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Something missing?:
I have great ideas but don't >< where to start

"Plan Your Dreams" seems weird somehow. And while I like the structure behind ...:
PLAN YOUR DREAMS | STOP WASTING TIME | WATCH THEM HAPPEN
... I think the "gain clarity, confidence and crush it in life" from the quote resonates a lot better. That area is very important real estate on the landing page. I would not put any generic terms in there.

Generic is pretty much the main issue I see throughout the page.
What is it you stand for? There is no apparent attempt at positioning the product.

The copy assumes that the target audience is on the verge of transitioning from the Sidewalk onto the Slow Lane or Fast Lane.
The presentation is more appropriate for people who are firmly on the Slow Lane.
I see a conflict there. If you want to reach responsible people, then they have seen the exact same landing page you are offering a thousand times - and their specific needs are not addressed at all.
If you want to help people transition away from the Sidewalk you need to reach them where they are, which means that your copy should prove that you can relate to sidewalk thinking ... and the issues that they are probably facing and the worries that they probably have.

Then there are the little things that make the site feel like there is little substance.
A Secret Facebook group? Private would work for me. Things like that.

TopDirective

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Nov 15, 2017
Something missing?:
I have great ideas but don't >< where to start

"Plan Your Dreams" seems weird somehow. And while I like the structure behind ...:
PLAN YOUR DREAMS | STOP WASTING TIME | WATCH THEM HAPPEN
... I think the "gain clarity, confidence and crush it in life" from the quote resonates a lot better. That area is very important real estate on the landing page. I would not put any generic terms in there.

Generic is pretty much the main issue I see throughout the page.
What is it you stand for? There is no apparent attempt at positioning the product.

The copy assumes that the target audience is on the verge of transitioning from the Sidewalk onto the Slow Lane or Fast Lane.
The presentation is more appropriate for people who are firmly on the Slow Lane.
I see a conflict there. If you want to reach responsible people, then they have seen the exact same landing page you are offering a thousand times - and their specific needs are not addressed at all.
If you want to help people transition away from the Sidewalk you need to reach them where they are, which means that your copy should prove that you can relate to sidewalk thinking ... and the issues that they are probably facing and the worries that they probably have.

Then there are the little things that make the site feel like there is little substance.
A Secret Facebook group? Private would work for me. Things like that.
Thank you for your feedback. I updated the headline right away.

Yes, I want to reach responsible people. But many people feel "chaotic" and unsure about their lives. Or, the simply have no long-term goals at all. This regards especially the younger generation. From my research, many people who want to gain clarity and confidence do not identify themselves as responsible.

We can say that the market awareness is low. That's why I'd like to introduce the product in an easy-to-understand way.

So, as you are saying, I should probably make it relatable to the sideway people. Thank you. That means I'd need to rewrite the entire copy.

An idea for the new copy would be:

A story of a young guy feeling confused and frustrated. He wants to get a girlfriend, and has no idea how. One sunny day he picks himself together and start experimenting with different self-help schemes. He's obsessed on improving himself. He not only finds a girlfriend but also wants to get financial freedom. After years of trial and error he decides to share his principles that lead him to success. These are primarily based on strategic planning and daily self-measuring.

( True story btw :) )

What do you think Andreas ?

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Something about this does not quite vibe well with me. I am still not sure what you stand for. Think about the solution that you are offering (planning and looking at metrics) as a bitter pill you want your customers to swallow. Getting them excited about those things directly is pretty much impossible so they should appear far down the landing page in the features section of the offering.

My guts say that you are trying to create a catch-all offering that should scare away as few people as possible. As a result the messages seem all over the place. A mental exercise you could do is go through the whole page and question everything. Maybe something like: "which 3 things are the most important to keep" will get you in the right mindset. If you had to do TED Talk about why you succeeded while others didn't, what would you talk about. Millions of unsuccessful people know all about missions, visions and goal setting.

The "trust me - I have done it" is pretty common ... but in your case that might be a great angle to stress. Better would be something like: "there is one thing that is so crucial and people are not talking about it enough" ... or "the common advice that you find out there is bad for people who x ... what they should do is y".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.