The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

7 Things to Do if You Don’t Want to Be a Millionaire

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Lol, well posted topic, love it. To know it is everything we stand against, and def agree - Shark Tank is a must, it shows clearly the people who are making great contributions, giving excellent ideas how to do same, the people who are greedy and apply the 'gimme gimme' persona and of course, those who are looking for high-paying salaries upfront, even before making that first sale. Lol. That's the only show I watch on television.

Very insightful indeed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rethagos

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 25, 2014
Poland
And what about taking on debt? More than often, it is a sure way of becoming a slave and sticking to 9-5 jobs.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Video games are tough for me too man. I love the worst kind... RPGs. I used to always justify it as a way to relax while still stimulating my brain

For me, video games inspire my creativity. I don't spend hours upon hours gaming anymore like I used to though. Usually when I play, it's when it's midnight and I'm not doing anything else, or when I'm gaming with friends.

Many studies show that video games improve brain activity, and gamers are often happier people. I know many hardcore gamers who also have fulfilling lives outside of gaming. I'm sure it all depends on the person though.

Cesare

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 27, 2014
This thread is great. I think, one of the main messages in this post is to defend yourself against the urge to consume. Commercials make people believe that they are incomplete if they don't buy certain products. Never feel incomplete. It will save you a tremendous amount of money.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Calories consumed dictates weight loss/weight gained
Macros (Protein/fats/carbs) dictate body composition of the weight loss/gain.
Micros dictate health

Just because you eat ''healthy'' doesn't necessary equate to weight loss. you can eat 10k calories of the food shown above and you will still gain weight. I'm only saying this because the pic shown above is an absolutely toxic way of life.

He has zero fat in that diet. fat fuels testosterone. It is essential. without it...say goodbye to your sex drive, well being, health etc.

So why is he eating that? easy, he is on steroids. they don't need testosterone since they inject it everyday. I've spent years delving into this world, i can make a thread on fitness you guys like. I'll cover everything and you will see how painfully simple it is. 99% of everything you read/buy is complete shit.
@jazb I'd love to be more educated on this topic. Please start a thread. Much appreciated.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
And what about taking on debt? More than often, it is a sure way of becoming a slave and sticking to 9-5 jobs.
Depends on the type of debt.

4 months ago, I took out $1000 from my credit card to cover the funds to scale my product on amazon. I deposited back the $1k + some interest 1 week later. I would consider this "good" debt.

Slowlaners tend to take on debt to purchase a new car, $500 shoes, $200 belt, etc.

Glorydog

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 8, 2015
Northwest Arkansas
#3 (Being popular) Really rings true to me, since I'm in high school. Everybody is always trying to do whatever they can to gain everyone else's approval and be cool. It is one of my pet peeves. I don't believe in talking unless there is a reason to talk. I don't have any interest in talking to my peers about stupid, pointless things just for the sake of making friends or conversing. My best friend invited me to his house tonight for a night of drinking with a bunch of guys from the football team. I straight up told him I don't want to go, to which we got into a spat about how I never want to do anything anymore and I'm becoming boring and dull. Honestly, I can care less about hanging out and trying to be something I'm not.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Today I've got a hangover so I'm going to sit in front of the TV all day and eat junk food. In fact don't drink Alcohol should be on the original posters list. Ha

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Today I've got a hangover so I'm going to sit in front of the TV all day and eat junk food. In fact don't drink Alcohol should be on the original posters list. Ha
I think one should learn control over alcohol. I was a pretty heavy drinker myself - the worst thing is when you feel you need to drink just because the bottle is on the table.
No more. I like a good drink, but I never, ever get drunk anymore. Come to think of it, I haven't drunk any alcohol for months now.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Yes I a agree. As Will Smith said in the movie Hitch. If you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
I like being pretty damn tipsy on the borderline of being drunk but I don't like being stupid drunk to the point of being worthless the next day lol.

But make no mistake, I love my vodka. Just in smart amounts.

;)

Also, as for videogames, while I see how they're potentially a terrible timesink, I believe they make you mentally sharp. Since I sold my PS4 I don't feel as mentally sharp and quick-witted.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
#3 (Being popular) Really rings true to me, since I'm in high school. Everybody is always trying to do whatever they can to gain everyone else's approval and be cool. It is one of my pet peeves. I don't believe in talking unless there is a reason to talk. I don't have any interest in talking to my peers about stupid, pointless things just for the sake of making friends or conversing. My best friend invited me to his house tonight for a night of drinking with a bunch of guys from the football team. I straight up told him I don't want to go, to which we got into a spat about how I never want to do anything anymore and I'm becoming boring and dull. Honestly, I can care less about hanging out and trying to be something I'm not.
ok relax there tiger.

drinking and chilling will make you a cool dude. so that when you actaully try to sell something to somebody youll be able to vibe with them and build trust/rapport.

Glorydog

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 8, 2015
Northwest Arkansas
ok relax there tiger.

drinking and chilling will make you a cool dude. so that when you actaully try to sell something to somebody youll be able to vibe with them and build trust/rapport.
So if I would have gone to his party, that would make it easier in the future to sell something to someone in the future? Surely the two things are not related. It's not like I can't communicate well or I'm shy or something, it's just that going sounded very unappealing.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I think what you need to do is get off your high horse and not be so quick to pass judgement on others. This will help you learn humility, which in the future will be very useful to you.

Glorydog

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 8, 2015
Northwest Arkansas
I think what you need to do is get off your high horse and not be so quick to pass judgement on others. This will help you learn humility, which in the future will be very useful to you.
When did I pass judgment on anybody? I never said anything about anybody. Don't talk to me like you know something about me.

D

DeletedUser394

@Glorydog, you don't need to justify or explain yourself, your original post was fine.

Ultimately it's your life, and if you don't want to get smashed then that's your right not to.

I don't drink (at all), and seldom 'just hang out'. When I hang out with friends, there's usually a real activity or purpose behind it (ie sporting event, exercise/gym, etc.) Most friends are fine with my choices but occasionally I meet new people who can't believe I don't drink and go to clubs which are popular activities in our age group obviously and they press me for 'reasons' or insinuate that my life must be boring.

I don't care, it's my life, and my choices.

You don't need to explain anything, and I didn't think your original post was unfairly judging anyone :)

Glorydog

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 8, 2015
Northwest Arkansas
@Glorydog, you don't need to justify or explain yourself, your original post was fine.

Ultimately it's your life, and if you don't want to get smashed then that's your right not to.

I don't drink (at all), and seldom 'just hang out'. When I hang out with friends, there's usually a real activity or purpose behind it (ie sporting event, exercise/gym, etc.) Most friends are fine with my choices but occasionally I meet new people who can't believe I don't drink and go to clubs which are popular activities in our age group obviously and they press me for 'reasons' or insinuate that my life must be boring.

I don't care, it's my life, and my choices.

You don't need to explain anything, and I didn't think your original post was unfairly judging anyone :)
Thank you. If it had been my friend's birthday, I would have gone. However, there was no occasion. The way I see it, why celebrate with no accomplishment whatsoever? Go accomplish something.

You and I have similar mindsets. I don't drink almost at all anymore because for the past 4 months or so I've been focused on achieving my goals. I'm happy with my lifestyle choice and I don't mind cutting out who isn't okay with it.

NonMagicalGenie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I still see myself doing #7 a lot. I have phases of months of where I finally incorporate things in my life for the better, but when other things come in way, i.e. parents wanting to go somewhere and I have watch over the family business. My daily rituals get put on the side day after day and after weeks of this I just get sick and tired of making plans for myself, because parents having their plans that interfere with mine repeatedly. Then after having stopped my daily rituals, everything else I was doing comes down a crumble until I start binge watching Netflix and I realize since this day I haven't watched a single show for the past 4 months and felt so accomplished an proud.

Like August 1st 2014 I randomly told myself right when I woke up that morning "I'm gonna stop masturbating for 4 months" and to my surprise I did, best F*cking thing I have possibly have done, really. Thats when I was the most productive and had so many things going on every single day. I would go to class, study, go for a walk and listen to audio books, meditate, do yoga first thing in the morning after or before shower, work, read book, and so much more. At the same time enjoying life with friends without being stressed or making excuses, I was taking daily consistent action to better my life to have the lifestyle that I wanted.

I plan on doing this or something better, but I'm so behind in my college courses its just so overwhelming to focus only on one thing at a time.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
"People hate being outcasted. But millionaires don’t care about being outcasted. In fact, they’re actually the ones being outcasted. They don’t care what others think, which gives them the determination and commitment to follow their dreams, regardless of what others are thinking or saying." Great.

Brandon Parker

All or nothing
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 16, 2015
Anchorage, AK
Anyway, why look for entertainment when you could look for information on becoming a millionaire?
I feel like an idiot when I waste time. I could be improving myself and making money, yet I still am in the habit of watching useless youtube videos. Luckily habits can be changed. Time to take action.

Frankie Relax

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
May 1, 2015
Italy
Nice post @FastLaner007 but...

... but I haven't done any of these 7 things for at least 5 years and I'm still poor!

Anyway, I think I am on the right track to become rich sooner or later ;)

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
If you do ALL of those things then you won't amount to ANYTHING in life.

vitality11

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Sep 12, 2015
OK
Here is my proven formula on how to pull yourself out from watching any series.
Here is how it starts - you hear about the show.
You check it out. You realize the show is awesome.
You realize show is a distraction from the real world. What do you do?

Here is what I've done:
I go on wikipedia and read summary of the seasons/episodes + I watch the last episode of the season for a sense of completion.

Most people tell me "Why did you do that? That is one of the best TV shows ever."

However, I can't undo spoiling it.

In short, just spend 30 seconds reading a synopsis online instead of watching the episode.
That's where actively finding a spoiler with save you a lot of time :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.