The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

7+ Figures In Sales Using Facebook Ads And Sales Funnels

Marketing, social media, advertising

Hvazquez07

Sales Funnel Strategist Expert
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Hey guys,

My name is Hernan. Some of you guys already know me, some of you don't. So welcome to this thread.

I've been in the Digital Marketing industry for the past 10+ years. During the past 4 years, I've been focusing mostly on Facebook advertising and Sales Funnels for my 3 online companies, with a strong focus on behavioral sequences during the past year or so.

Using FB ads and funnels I've been able to grow my companies to 7+ figures in revenue (with a healthy 50%-60% profit) and generate hundreds of leads and sales a day using automated webinars, opt-in sequences and workflows.

I'm also consulting with 7 and 8 figure business on a daily basis on how to scale their campaigns, how to convert more and basically how to make more money with new campaigns and technology.

The main point of doing this thread is to honestly help you guys and, who knows, maybe some of you will decide to do business with me at some point :)

Ask me anything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ironman150

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jun 22, 2017
GREEN BAY WI
Hernan, thanks for offering your expertise. I'm sure i'll have plenty of questions in the next couple weeks as I ramp up my Shopify store. I'm looking forward to following along with everyone else's questions as well.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
How did you first end up getting into the game?

And how do you see it evolving, especially Facebook with the new news feed changes? I've heard a lot of differing opinions and would love to get your take on it as well

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
And how do you see it evolving, especially Facebook with the new news feed changes? I've heard a lot of differing opinions and would love to get your take on it as well

Yep I second this, would love to hear your thoughts on what impact the current algorithm change will have to businesses advertising on Facebook :thumbsup:

Hvazquez07

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Hernan, thanks for offering your expertise. I'm sure i'll have plenty of questions in the next couple weeks as I ramp up my Shopify store. I'm looking forward to following along with everyone else's questions as well.

Sounds good buddy. Shopify is a tough animal to tame. I've done some tests and got some good results, but ended up focusing on some other stuff. Think on subscriptions and break even front-end products if you want to grow to the 7-8 figure mark. And also think on growing a brand and not only depending on Facebook to make it sustainable.

How did you first end up getting into the game?

I got into the IM game 10 years ago, when I resigned my comfortable corporate job. For 12-18 months I was clueless about what to do. To an extent, I had to either choose to pay for heat or to put food on the table. At that time I was building links for SEO and writing articles for $5/pop on Fiverr.

I then decided to launch my first "website design" company, which was both a success and a big failure. I ended up getting a good amount of clients, but my partner ended up being a jackass, so that didn't end up too well.

With what I learned there about SEO and Design, I went on looking for clients in the US and Europe. I ended up having better results selling my stuff as an affiliate and launching my own courses. I didn't want to copy with whiny clients anymore. I do have some consulting clients on a rev share or equity agreement, but they pay well.

I helped grow one of my training companies to 7+ figures in 12 months using good quality content + a powerful sales funnel in the back. We sell SEO training and software, and we continuously gather leads and new clients using these strategies.

I'm now going all in into growing my own training and consulting brand, which takes me to your question about the newsfeed and the whole Facebook evolving thing...

I think that content is still key. Facebook looooves ungated content (content that you don't need to opt-in for to get it). Even further if it's native to Facebook. I made a post back in the day that's still very much relevant to what's going on right now. Here's the rundown:

- Create an amazing piece of content (live stream video works the best) and push it via Pay Per Engagement / Video Views campaigns.
- Run retargeting ads with your offers/free opt-ins to people that A. engaged with your FB page and B. watched at least 50% of your video.

This is by far the fastest way of growing an audience right now on Facebook.

I'd also say that you need to take advantage of the additional inventory Facebook is providing to advertising. Instagram stories work great for cheatsheets, PDFs, and webinars, and Messenger ads work really well for retargeting purposes.

Last edited:

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Sounds good buddy. Shopify is a tough animal to tame. I've done some tests and got some good results, but ended up focusing on some other stuff. Think on subscriptions and break even front-end products if you want to grow to the 7-8 figure mark. And also think on growing a brand and not only depending on Facebook to make it sustainable.

I got into the IM game 10 years ago, when I resigned my comfortable corporate job. For 12-18 months I was clueless about what to do. To an extent, I had to either choose to pay for heat or to put food on the table. At that time I was building links for SEO and writing articles for $5/pop on Fiverr.

I then decided to launch my first "website design" company, which was both a success and a big failure. I ended up getting a good amount of clients, but my partner ended up being a jackass, so that didn't end up too well.

With what I learned there about SEO and Design, I went on looking for clients in the US and Europe. I ended up having better results selling my stuff as an affiliate and launching my own courses. I didn't want to copy with whiny clients anymore. I do have some consulting clients on a rev share or equity agreement, but they pay well.

I helped grow one of my training companies to 7+ figures in 12 months using good quality content + a powerful sales funnel in the back. We sell SEO training and software, and we continuously gather leads and new clients using these strategies.

I'm now going all in into growing my own training and consulting brand, which takes me to your question about the newsfeed and the whole Facebook evolving thing...

I think that content is still key. Facebook looooves ungated content (content that you don't need to opt-in for to get it). Even further if it's native to Facebook. I made a post back in the day that's still very much relevant to what's going on right now. Here's the rundown:

- Create an amazing piece of content (live stream video works the best) and push it via Pay Per Engagement / Video Views campaigns.
- Run retargeting ads with your offers/free opt-ins to people that A. engaged with your FB page and B. watched at least 50% of your video.

I'd also say that you need to take advantage of the additional inventory Facebook is providing to advertising. Instagram stories work great for cheatsheets, PDFs, and webinars, and Messenger ads work really well for retargeting purposes.
@Hvazquez07 good post. I agree that content is key. Thanks for the insight. Keep posting! :)

LastChance

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 10, 2017
Planet Earth
Thanks for doing this.

1. As a small web designer how good of a channel is Facebook for getting new clients? What kind of ROI% would you aim for/think is realistic?

2. A friend of mine is a life coach and I could imagine Facebook working really great for this? Do you agree and what would be your strategy? Content via video ads and than retargeting the viewers for a freebie?

3. Imagine the following scenario. You have great facebook skills but no product/service to sell. What would you do to make use of your skills? What would you promote to make a positive roi% on $5k spent per day?

Cheers

NickB

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jan 19, 2018
Colorado

Congratulations on your success! Very exciting to see someone with the balls to cut from corporate and turn into a major success.

Have you had any experience with Facebook Ads / funneling with physical products?

Lustgarten

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Jan 23, 2018
Arizona
Thanks for doing an AMA:

1. What are the static processes you initiate on nearly every campaign with regard to successfully targetting?

2. What are the non-negotiable processes and/or infrastructure a client must have or implement in order for you to ensure their success when working with you?

Again, very nice of you to do an AMA and eager to hear your input.

Best

Hvazquez07

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Thanks for doing this.

1. As a small web designer how good of a channel is Facebook for getting new clients? What kind of ROI% would you aim for/think is realistic?

2. A friend of mine is a life coach and I could imagine Facebook working really great for this? Do you agree and what would be your strategy? Content via video ads and than retargeting the viewers for a freebie?

3. Imagine the following scenario. You have great facebook skills but no product/service to sell. What would you do to make use of your skills? What would you promote to make a positive roi% on $5k spent per day?

Cheers

Hey brother, great questions. Here are some thoughts:

1. I think Facebook is GREAT to get new clients as a small web designer. It can even be a Facebook ad, but I'd definitely try to be as helpful as possible on groups and communities where you're an expert on the subject. For example, Real Estate professionals, or Chiropractors, etc. Be helpful to people whose your expertise is their third or fourth language, and you'll get a windfall of prospective customers. Make sure you develop a funnel to weed them out. This also applies to local publications, chambers of commerce, etc.

2. Yes sir, that'd be my strategy. Amazing video content with a freebie and potentially a webinar to sell a $997 product through retargeting. His topic is so hot that he can kill it on FB.

3. Sell an affiliate product like Clickfunnels or something around a niche. Offer to send ads to a proven funnel via Clickbank where you can get both a better cut of the affiliate product you're promoting and you'll also build your OWN list (don't send them directly to the CB product) and offer them some other stuff down the road.

Congratulations on your success! Very exciting to see someone with the balls to cut from corporate and turn into a major success.

Have you had any experience with Facebook Ads / funneling with physical products?

I've consulted with companies doing physical products, mostly on the beauty and health niche. My approach is almost always the same. Free samples, trial subscriptions and "boxes" with your stuff work amazingly well. Retargeting with dynamic product ads work well too. Depends on the demographics and if their product is an "impulse" buy or more like a desition to be made.

Hvazquez07

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Thanks for doing an AMA:

1. What are the static processes you initiate on nearly every campaign with regard to successfully targetting?

2. What are the non-negotiable processes and/or infrastructure a client must have or implement in order for you to ensure their success when working with you?

Again, very nice of you to do an AMA and eager to hear your input.

Best

Good questions buddy.

1. A persona/consumer avatar is a must. Then I plug the interests into Facebook Audience insights and collect data on demographics and at least 100 targetable interests I can use for Ads. Then I develop a simple opt-in funnel and see which messaging/copy/image is more responsive and WHO is responding to WHAT. The initial 30-60 days is mostly data collection and messaging refining.

2. They need to have a proven concept/product. They don't need to have a full blow funnel (since my company can develop that), but they need to be making some sales already. A client also needs to be selling something that's interesting for me and not be a jackass (at this point I have the luxury of cherry-picking my clients since I had a really bad experience with shitty clients back in the day).

Smith11B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
Nov 7, 2013
Do you use facebook ads to get clients for your own business?

Also how did you get your first client?

DoctorDreamer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jan 22, 2018
Romania
Hey guys,

My name is Hernan. Some of you guys already know me, some of you don't. So welcome to this thread.

I've been in the Digital Marketing industry for the past 10+ years. During the past 4 years, I've been focusing mostly on Facebook advertising and Sales Funnels for my 3 online companies, with a strong focus on behavioral sequences during the past year or so.

Using FB ads and funnels I've been able to grow my companies to 7+ figures in revenue (with a healthy 50%-60% profit) and generate hundreds of leads and sales a day using automated webinars, opt-in sequences and workflows.

I'm also consulting with 7 and 8 figure business on a daily basis on how to scale their campaigns, how to convert more and basically how to make more money with new campaigns and technology.

The main point of doing this thread is to honestly help you guys and, who knows, maybe some of you will decide to do business with me at some point :)

Ask me anything.

Hey Hernan,

Thank you for this opportunity.

I am curious about how FB-marketable are natural healing businesses.

For example, about 2 years ago I tried running some ads about naturally reversing type 2 diabetes and Facebook shut down my whole account (even the personal one).

I know Google ads work well for this kind of niches (supplements, natural healing, etc) but I have not seen much on Facebook.

What is your take on this? Do you have any experience in this?

(I am about to launch a course on natural treatments for cancer)

Thank you!

Hvazquez07

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Do you use facebook ads to get clients for your own business?

Also how did you get your first client?

Oh yeah, all the time. In fact, my info-products are part of a bigger funnel where I get people to sign up for consulting packages for 5k-10k-20k, etc.

My first client was a referral. A super shitty client I must say, but a good experience nonetheless.

Being helpful pays out :)

Hey Hernan,

Thank you for this opportunity.

I am curious about how FB-marketable are natural healing businesses.

For example, about 2 years ago I tried running some ads about naturally reversing type 2 diabetes and Facebook shut down my whole account (even the personal one).

I know Google ads work well for this kind of niches (supplements, natural healing, etc) but I have not seen much on Facebook.

What is your take on this? Do you have any experience in this?

(I am about to launch a course on natural treatments for cancer)

Thank you!

This is an interesting topic. On some niches, you need to thread carefully on Facebook since you can get those type of results. Plus, some topics are more sensitive to FB policies than others.

On your case, I'd try with a tangential approach. I've done this with supplements. Just make a quick guide on 10 foods that have 0 sugar and taste like heaven, and you can target people that have diabetes or that like certain diabetes-related publications.

I've promoted dating offer like this, but using a tangential "social skills" approach, where you'd still target your desired market demographic, but with a less aggressive approach. You can get all aggressive you want on your funnel and your emails though.

Mabchicago

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 27, 2017
Chicago
Hey guys,

Ask me anything.
What is the name of your Business?

hungryhippocampi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Dec 27, 2017
North Carolina
Thanks for the info Hernan. Question for you...when validating an idea like an app do you recommend I create a FB page for the app and send traffic there or use a landing page or both? Any particular ad type you find provides more bang for the buck?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
What is the name of your business

Not a question that's really appreciated around here...

I have a couple. One is SemanticMastery.com where we teach SEO and local business building. Then there's my personal brand HernanVazquez.com with my courses and my consulting business. Some of them are private and I have NDAs signed :)

You handled that much nicer than I would have haha

It's great to see you back around here man! Was wondering where you went. Welcome back, thanks for the AMA!

Hvazquez07

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Thanks for the info Hernan. Question for you...when validating an idea like an app do you recommend I create a FB page for the app and send traffic there or use a landing page or both? Any particular ad type you find provides more bang for the buck?

I'd recommend you implement some sort of Ask (survey) funnel (search for the Ask Method by Ryan Levesque). This will definitely give you more insight than anything else when it comes to validating an idea and uncovering pain points and language you wouldn't have discovered otherwise.

In any case, I'd suggest you send traffic to a landing page. The growth of a FB page is a by-product of advertising on FB imo.

Not a question that's really appreciated around here...

You handled that much nicer than I would have haha

It's great to see you back around here man! Was wondering where you went. Welcome back, thanks for the AMA!

Thanks a lot buddy! It's good to be back :)

TKRR

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 27, 2017
Ohio
Thanks for doing this. I think I have the basic grasp on how Instagram works, but it is beyond me how to grow an audience on Facebook, especially in pages. I have multiple ventures: Musician, Blog/Coaching, Card game.... I can get my friends to like the page, but basically no other interaction even with the ads I'm running. Which is different from how I basically have a grasp on growing the Instragram stuff. Facebook basically has no interaction for me.

So assuming, someone basically has 0 to 150 Facebook followers, even though I get good comments on the content (for those that see it)... is there a good place to start attracting the non-friends?

Thanks

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
2 questions :D

What kind of facebook ads work most effectively when selling high ticket digital products/courses etc? and..

Yes I do email collecting, goes through boring funnel lol.

But I'm thinking also to do ad DIRECTLY onto sales page. Whats ur experience with that?

Hvazquez07

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Thanks for doing this. I think I have the basic grasp on how Instagram works, but it is beyond me how to grow an audience on Facebook, especially in pages. I have multiple ventures: Musician, Blog/Coaching, Card game.... I can get my friends to like the page, but basically no other interaction even with the ads I'm running. Which is different from how I basically have a grasp on growing the Instragram stuff. Facebook basically has no interaction for me.

So assuming, someone basically has 0 to 150 Facebook followers, even though I get good comments on the content (for those that see it)... is there a good place to start attracting the non-friends?

Thanks

Actually, Facebook and Instagram share a lot of the same patterns since they have applied almost the same algorithm to both, killing most of the organic interaction. If you have "hot" topics, I'd suggest that you promote videos asking people to like your page.

You can even boost post to page likes and friends of page likes so that you increase your reach. If you see what the "recipes" pages are doing, is pushing engagement and then retarget engagers with an offer. Basically, at some point, you want to take people out of Facebook and into your list.

2 questions :D

What kind of facebook ads work most effectively when selling high ticket digital products/courses etc? and..

Yes I do email collecting, goes through boring funnel lol.

But I'm thinking also to do ad DIRECTLY onto sales page. Whats ur experience with that?

For high ticket ($2k-$3k+) a webinar funnel from Facebook is ideal. I haven't had much success with direct to sales page ads honestly since most of these products need some education anyways.

SirBrian

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 12, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
I am seeing tons of ads in my facebook feed offering "local lead generation using facebook ads" training with free videos, that all want to get you to schedule a call with them. Some say you get to join their community, that they have tons of campaigns already done that you can copy and paste, guaranteed ways to get companies to select you do facebook ads for them. I'm interested in this type of marketing, but I don't want to be scammed myself.
My question are,
1) Is this business so saturated with marketers that they chose to sell "learning systems" instead of focusing on just get more clients themselves?
2) If they're so profitable and successful doing the business, why bother with the time to teach others and physically call people for 30-45min calls? It violates MJ's rule of being independent of your time.

Edit:
Nevermind, I found my answer here: GOLD - Is This Fastlane? (Uh, no, it isn't.)

Last edited:

Hvazquez07

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
I am seeing tons of ads in my facebook feed offering "local lead generation using facebook ads" training with free videos, that all want to get you to schedule a call with them. Some say you get to join their community, that they have tons of campaigns already done that you can copy and paste, guaranteed ways to get companies to select you do facebook ads for them. I'm interested in this type of marketing, but I don't want to be scammed myself.
My question are,
1) Is this business so saturated with marketers that they chose to sell "learning systems" instead of focusing on just get more clients themselves?
2) If they're so profitable and successful doing the business, why bother with the time to teach others and physically call people for 30-45min calls? It violates MJ's rule of being independent of your time.

Edit:
Nevermind, I found my answer here: GOLD - Is This Fastlane? (Uh, no, it isn't.)

Even when you found the answer, that's a great questions.

I think they are A) selling a consulting package or B) selling some kind of course. If you don't know how to do it, it might be advisable to get and actually do one of these courses... But I do agree than the money is then on getting clients and leads, not selling shit to other people on how to do the same shit you're doing...

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
Hey Hernan,

Thank you for taking out your time to help us with your expertise. I'm not sure if this is the right question. However, I have just started a small business which is a subscription-based tutorial model. Could you suggest me how can I increase the flow of traffic on my social media accounts especially Instagram. I would really like to know there are any books you would suggest.

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Hey Hernan,

Thanks for doing this.

Question - How would you approach social media advertising from the perspective of a company looking to grow it's user base (sign ups), not necessarily sell a product. Any strategies you'd implement or recommend for a campaign like this?

Also, curious, what are you charging to manage / grow a companies social presence on average? I may be interested in discussing w/you if available?

Thanks!

Hvazquez07

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Feb 16, 2015
Boca Raton, FL
Hey Hernan,

Thank you for taking out your time to help us with your expertise. I'm not sure if this is the right question. However, I have just started a small business which is a subscription-based tutorial model. Could you suggest me how can I increase the flow of traffic on my social media accounts especially Instagram. I would really like to know there are any books you would suggest.

The first question I'd ask is why would you want to get more followers on Instagram. If you want to use Instagram to grow your business and get more sales, that's fine, but followers don't necessarily translate to sales (unless you have a powerful funnel). In any case, shoutouts from influencers could help to achieve this.

What I'd do is to target all of your followers and IG engagers with a Facebook ad to either a free trial, a small offer or a free PDF - You want to capture them outside of IG as well if possible. And the good news is that you can also follow people around on Facebook if they are part of your audiences. Then the thank you page can be the actual offer for your stuff. But I'd do it everything on a funnel.

Newb Question, how doi get started?

What are you doing now?

Hey Hernan,

Thanks for doing this.

Question - How would you approach social media advertising from the perspective of a company looking to grow it's user base (sign ups), not necessarily sell a product. Any strategies you'd implement or recommend for a campaign like this?

Also, curious, what are you charging to manage / grow a companies social presence on average? I may be interested in discussing w/you if available?

Thanks!

The above answer still counts. Why would you want to grow user base or social presence if it doesn't translate directly into ROI? "Build that list" would be my go-to advice.

I'm not cheap, but let's talk :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.