The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

60 Days of 60 Minutes of Meditation - Let's Not Do Anything Together

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@MTF thank you again for this thread. i've been using the 'accept and dissipate' a LOT.

Get off on a mental tangent .... breathe, accept, let it go, back
Laying down to sleep panic attack for all the shit i have to do tomorrow ..... breathe, accept, dissipate, it's ok

Will try to increase the 'intensity' or at least the depth of the filter with some yoga this week.

EatMan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Aug 28, 2018
Day 40! I'm not sure if I fell asleep or if I got into that "no mind" state people talk about, but 55 minutes into the meditation, my body just took a big breath (as if I was underwater) and I came back. It felt like I just woke up, but I was conscious of myself before that. It was a strange experience, but I feel great now that I'm done. :)

Maybe its because I'm reaching that "inbox zero", but its nice to have an hour every morning where I'm almost certain I'm going to be at a calm tranquility. (2/3 way done!)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 50 completed.

Solid session. I feel like I'm getting much better at semi-effortless relaxation. As in: I don't have to force myself to watch my thoughts super intently for long periods of time to let them go. I just realize they're there, I refocus, and that's it (at least for the ones that don't bother me that much, more intense thoughts are recurring and require more work).

Also, it's 50 days already! Just 10 days left to finish the challenge (not that I plan to stop meditating after).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 49

I had an alright session.

It's clear I'm falling a little behind for doing meditations consistently, so I will meditate the moment i get up in the morning, without distracting myself away from it.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 8

The first part went great, however, around 30 minutes in, my neighbor's alarm clock went off, and he didn't bother to turn it off for a good 10 or so minutes, which basically killed my session. I still completed the hour, but I could not refocus.

redshift

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Sep 4, 2018

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 50

Did meditation in the morning and I felt a lot better and comfortable doing it.
I like to see my self doing this several mornings in a row and be fully prepared for the rest of the day.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 9

Very good session, my mind was a lot quieter today. Also I noticed it's easier for me to focus when I'm sitting straight up ignoring my chair's backrest instead of relaxing onto it.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 51 completed.

Chaotic session. I was too sleepy.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Day 56 done.

Very good session, I cannot believe I am getting to the 60 days this week amazing!

I was wondering how do you guys deal with your "shadow"/dark side? Sometimes I just see myself having some dark/revenge kind of thoughts out of the blue haha at this point I think I have acknowledge this and also some dark traits of mine, but there is still room for improvement ofc.

Get To Know Your Shadow

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I was wondering how do you guys deal with your "shadow"/dark side? Sometimes I just see myself having some dark/revenge kind of thoughts out of the blue haha at this point I think I have acknowledge this and also some dark traits of mine, but there is still room for improvement ofc.

There are no dark traits or dark side. It's just things from the past you stored inside of you that you didn't let go of. For example, revenge thoughts is nothing else but storing inside you the negative emotions an event in the past caused you. Since you're keeping them inside, they keep bothering you. The only solution is to let go of them, to find a way to finally say: "I'm done letting this stuff from x years ago affect my life today."

Michael A. Singer:

Anytime anything creates disturbance, it's your friend, not your foe. Because it's showing you where you're still blocked. "What do I do if I start to get disturbed?" You let go. It has to do with you being willing to let go instead of struggle. You relax your heart, release your shoulders, and you don't invest your energy where it used to go. And over time, and it does take time, this stuff will go, and you will start to become who you are, which is an extremely beautiful being who needs nothing from anybody but has the natural tendency to give. When you're whole and complete, all you do is give.

Your heart will open to everything and everyone, no matter what they do to you, no matter what they say, nothing will close you anymore. Why? If you don't need anything, then nothing can bother you. Things bother you because you have a need and they interfere with your ability to get it. If you don't need, nothing bothers you. This is what it means to transcend.

Every day, a piece will wanna come up. You'll feel a lacking, a disturbance, you feel something bothering you. That's the piece that needs to let go today. Relax and release through it. Over time you become the most beautiful thing there is on this Earth. A whole being. You have a psyche that's not bothering you.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 51

Meditated in the morning and it was so much better to do than the evenings.
It was great overall and I stopped holding myself back from experiencing the negative feelings I had accumulated over the course of the week. I also experienced positive ones, which helped me stay grounded and become at peace.

I personally lay out my entire baggage in front of me and accepted the things that bothered me. They still bother me from time to time, but it really takes time to let them fully go. In a way, meditation for me is kind of like healing internal wounds (spiritually/mentally). You see that you have problems, but you deal with them in a way that it no longer becomes a problem for you.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 10

My mind is getting progressively quieter and I can focus for longer times on myself. I'm in awe at how well I feel during and after my meditation. It's only day 10 and I still have a long way to go, but I am starting to see the first real improvements..

I still drift away a lot and I still don't refocus as quickly as I will in the near future, but my focus lasts longer now. It feels like magic. Wow.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 52 completed.

Feeling anger and meaninglessness so this wasn't a particularly productive session.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 52

Just being able to deal with my inner self gives me peace because of the silence it brings.
Thoughts and certain feelings that usually bother me, doesn't really affect me that much now.
Suffice to say, it was good.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Day 52 completed!

When there are so many exciting things going on in a day, my mind is a wonder. Ping pong match to keep present and still very awesome.

There's been one day in 52 that I wasn't feeling really good going into the session and my attention was rapt in feeling my heart beat through my chest. It was a deep and uncomfortable feeling that I'd sooner not repeat for 60 minutes. The lesson was I should have worked out directly before and changed states completely. My fault.

52 days and still figuring this out... doesn't matter to me it it takes 352. Loving the process.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 53 completed.

Terrible session. Couldn't focus and by the end just fought not to fall asleep.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 11

The session was going poorly, up to the point where my mind asked a couple of questions that changed my perspective on past situations, which salvaged everything.

Still lots of chaos in my mind, I will be better tomorrow.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 12

Decent session, I've had a couple of great moments followed by moments of chaos. I could refocus somewhat quickly except once where my mind really drifted away. I'm on a good path.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 54 completed.

It was a weird session because I had some strategic (life and business) thoughts coming in and it felt right to listen to them instead of pushing them away. But in between these thoughts it was refocusing as usual.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Day 59 done.

Strange session, at the beginning I struggled a bit and then started to get much better. Tomorrow last day! I was thinking about trying TM meditation after the challenge, anyone has any experience with that technique?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
day xx
letting the thoughts melt / dissipate often reveals a solution .... almost like boiling down the sauce as you are cooking to get to the good stuff

'letting it go' helps me refocus.

now to adapt it to the FULL freaking hour! lol. To really see what this can do.

i often do this at the beginning / end of a day, and predictably fall asleep.
as it warms up, i may leave the office and walk over to the park and sit and do this in the sunshine

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
day xx
letting the thoughts melt / dissipate often reveals a solution .... almost like boiling down the sauce as you are cooking to get to the good stuff

'letting it go' helps me refocus.

now to adapt it to the FULL freaking hour! lol. To really see what this can do.

i often do this at the beginning / end of a day, and predictably fall asleep.
as it warms up, i may leave the office and walk over to the park and sit and do this in the sunshine

So happy you are experiencing the clarity Z!

Plenty of people I know come to eureka moments by mentally putting problems down, letting it simmer, and taking a walk, running, lifting, doing yoga, etc.

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
Day 54

I almost had no thoughts that ever bothered me, so today was another good day.
Random ideas also popped up during meditation for my project. Sometimes, I think (maybe a little too much) about coming up with ideas, but my mind just instantly came up with new things with no effort at all.
It's definitely better to let things flow and not force it.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 55 completed.