The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

60 Days of 60 Minutes of Meditation - Let's Not Do Anything Together

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 13

Today was a hard session. I was very distracted. I had a couple of illumination moments though, related to letting things go, so it was good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Day 60 done!!

I cannot believe its already done, it went by really fast.

I think it didnt feel too hard for me because I already had the habit, but some extra benefits of sticking for 1 hour a day for 60 days:

-Much more clarity.
-I started to push myself in other areas of my life.
-I took action on something personal that I wanted to for a long time, but didnt have the guts to do it.
-Emotional resilience for these strange times.
-More acceptance towards people around me.
-Started to communicate more effectively.

For anyone thinking about starting the challenge, just do it. At the beginning it will be hard because you are not used to it but after 2-3 weeks it will get better.

@MTF Thank you for suggesting this exercise!! It is very cool to go through this without feeling I am the only person in the world attempting it lol any advices on how should I celebrate getting to the end of the challenge?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Olimac21 great work! I'm very glad to be able to contribute by starting this thread and providing accountability and support.

any advices on how should I celebrate getting to the end of the challenge?

Meditate for 10 hours.

LOL. Just kidding.

I'm not good at celebrating achievements myself so I'm not sure what to do. Considering the reason for why we meditate, I think it would be a bad idea to celebrate it with some kind of a material reward. So perhaps it would be better to contribute to a cause you believe in, help someone out, or let your creativity express itself in a way that feels good?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 56 completed.

Nice, calm session.

Thinh

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Aug 11, 2018
Guys, if your have trouble focusing and your mind is racing, don't worry, it's 100% normal.
It's much easier to chill the f*ck out and not do anything when you've got at least 8-9 figures in your bank account like Naval XD

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Guys, if your have trouble focusing and your mind is racing, don't worry, it's 100% normal.
It's much easier to chill the f*ck out and not do anything when you've got at least 8-9 figures in your bank account like Naval XD

You're completely missing the point. It's not the 8-9 figures that made him chill out. It's his pursuit of the truth (internalizing the fact that the outside world can't give you anything) that did that.

And if you don't believe me, just look at countless multimillionaires and billionaires committing suicide or suffering in a very public way.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 14

I was expecting this session to go poorly because I started it at 9 AM instead of 6, but it wasn't the case.

It went better than the last 3. I'm starting to focus more on what's going on inside me during the session.

Thinh

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Aug 11, 2018
You're completely missing the point. It's not the 8-9 figures that made him chill out. It's his pursuit of the truth (internalizing the fact that the outside world can't give you anything) that did that.
Am I? Looking at your reply, it seems you misinterpreted my words. I was not implying that being rich was what enabled him to chill out. Merely that it made it easier. Not a prerequisite..

Anyway, "missing the point" would imply there's a point in meditation. And if you think there is, well, I have bad news for you... Getting into meditation in the hope of getting something out of it is a self-defeating endeavour.

Also:
And if you don't believe me, just look at countless multimillionaires and billionaires committing suicide or suffering in a very public way.
Does it happen only to rich people? Anybody can be miserable, rich, poor, or average. That's a fallacious (and dangerous) inference. It's like saying exercising can't be linked to improving health because some people get injuries.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Eurgh, have had trouble focusing all this week. My mind would get lost in thought too easily, & try & trick me into forgetting to refocus, or persuade me that I was just passively watching the thoughts, & therefore they were definitely allowed to continue, & I wasn't just sneakily chowing down on the delicious, delicious thoughts, or that I was definitely going to get back to refocusing, just as soon as I finished this last bite of thought. Just gotta chew & swallow. Still chewing. Chewing. Wouldn't want to choke. Will refocus in a... ooh! New flavour just hit! :rofl: But persevering through that's just part of the game, right?!

In other news an observation (not from this week, been meaning to type it up) I had, or perhaps rather a question. Does anyone else find that - & this is all with the eyelids closed - that if you're looking/focused right in front of you, like just a few inches out, it helps you concentrate? As it's like your body knows this is a cue for concentration - we look here perhaps when trying to read some small writing, or when we're about to kiss someone. BUT when trying to truly relax all muscles including the ciliary muscles in the eye - which leads to focus further out/when we "stare into space" (again, eyes closed here, it's just what's anatomically happening) - it is so much easier to lose focus/drift off with thoughts? Anyone else experience this?

Where do your eyes focus (even if closed) when you meditate?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Maybe... however, let's not forget that a lot of people here already have a decent life. Some have saved up enough or have active businesses which produce sufficient revenue that they don't have to work another day for YEARS. They're not set for life yet, and they can't afford yachts and luxuries, but they don't have to work another day if they don't want to for quite a bit of time...

So it's misleading to think that everyone is stressed out about their bank account merely because they don't have 8-9 figures cash in there. So I'd say this category of people is a prime target for getting interested in other aspects of life, now that the "money" question is on the way to being solved for them so to speak.

There are a lot of broke people on the forum too, I'm not denying that, but putting everyone in that basket wouldn't be accurate. Actually the reason why many people don't have 8-9 figure bank accounts is simply because it's too hard, and the effort is no longer worth it for them. They have a decent enough life with 7-figures in the bank account. Why work 100-hour weeks to move from 7-figures to 9-figures? They're now looking to solve other non-monetary needs.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Where do your eyes focus (even if closed) when you meditate?

I meditate with my eyes closed. I think usually I look a little up, as if trying to look back at the "real" me in the back of my head. But it probably depends on the day and my body position as well. Sometimes when I go deep I curl my body and then look down.

Correction: I focused on my eyes while I meditated today and actually I mostly look down.

Actually the reason why many people don't have 8-9 figure bank accounts is simply because it's too hard, and the effort is no longer worth it for them. They have a decent enough life with 7-figures in the bank account. Why work 100-hour weeks to move from 7-figures to 9-figures? They're now looking to solve other non-monetary needs.

100%. And ironically, as you learn this and move on to non-monetary needs, often they affect your financial life positively (as Michael A. Singer's or Tony Robbins' example shows). You become more selfless, provide more value to the world, and operate out of higher emotions fully concentrated on just helping out instead of making a situation good only for yourself (as many "unconscious", thankfully not many on this forum, do).

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 57 completed.

Mostly very peaceful and it went by very fast.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 15

Today was very peaceful. I still had some thoughts popping up, but I was detached from them.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
This challenge found me at a perfect time. I started this morning.

Day 1

I've never done an hour of meditation prior to this, but Naval's assertion that "meditation is easy, it's just sitting" really stuck with me this time. I've heard it before but it never convinced me, until today.

The session was fairly peaceful. My mind thrashed about - but I kept the judgement to a minimum. One thing I noticed is the extent to which I am unaware of my thoughts. I caught myself enveloped in a thought-stream for about 5 minutes, and at the end of those 5 minutes - I realised that I barely even knew what those thoughts were.

Which tells me that I need this challenge even more than I think.

Thank you @MTF for kickstarting this.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
The session was fairly peaceful. My mind thrashed about - but I kept the judgement to a minimum. One thing I noticed is the extent to which I am unaware of my thoughts. I caught myself enveloped in a thought-stream for about 5 minutes, and at the end of those 5 minutes - I realised that I barely even knew what those thoughts were.

Great first day.

Michael A. Singer said this about meditation:

"In deep enough meditation you see mind like you see a star in the sky. If I'm too close to the sun, then I don't see a star."

With more practice, you learn to put more distance and soon, it won't be 5 minutes of a thought-stream but maybe just 15 seconds or 5 seconds and then you'll be back to the center, noticing that you let the mind take control over you.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 16

The first 20 minutes and the last 5 were great. I let my thoughts take over in the middle of the session. I will put more effort into refocusing.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 58 completed.

Not feeling particularly well so it was average at best.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 2

I didn't sleep enough, and that made the first 15-20 minutes unfocused. I started listening to my room as a cue to re-center, and found this to be helpful.

Yesterday, I made sure to look at my timer running for 3 seconds prior to starting the meditation -so that I can have a reassuring mental picture for when I get anxious about whether I actually set it or not. Today, I didn't do that-and it resulted in 3 bursts of timer-anxiety. I will now be taking 3 second look at the timer before the start of every session.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 2

Yesterday, I made sure to look at my timer running for 3 seconds prior to starting the meditation -so that I can have a reassuring mental picture for when I get anxious about whether I actually set it or not. Today, I didn't do that-and it resulted in 3 bursts of timer-anxiety. I will now be taking 3 second look at the timer before the start of every session.

I still have occasional surges of "did I set the timer?", but they go away pretty quickly. I suggest learning to ignore then, they tend to go away by themselves within a minute.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I still have occasional surges of "did I set the timer?", but they go away pretty quickly. I suggest learning to ignore then, they tend to go away by themselves within a minute.

There's a simple solution to that. I set an alarm clock to ring in one hour and 2 minutes (my backup) and set a timer to 1 hour and 3 seconds. This way there's no anxiety whatsoever because even if the timer for some reason doesn't work, the alarm clock will (unless your entire phone dies).

Correction: I originally wrote TWO hours and 2 minutes LOL. I meant one hour and 2 minutes.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 59 completed.

Nice deep session, particularly effortless during roughly the first half.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 17

The first 40 or so minutes were great, I could refocus very quickly and time flew by. In the last 20 I let my mind drift away.

The takeaway: if I don't refocus quickly, my mind takes over.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.