The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

60 Days of 60 Minutes of Meditation - Let's Not Do Anything Together

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 22

Really good session.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bora.s

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Aug 12, 2018
Day 54
Not much to say...
Husband meditate with me and in the middle he starts to snore, daughter is taking a shower and listen to Disco music, sometimes even the dog is barking;) Despite all the distractions I meditate and try to let go ...

Happy meditating!

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 23

Did this one after the excitement of Miocic vs Ngannou. Great way to end a great night.

xSylon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
May 8, 2020
Germany
Day 10

I am going to update my progress every 5 days or so because of time. I think this frequency is enough to keep me accountable. I am not even sure if I need accountability. The benefits of the 1-hour meditation a day are big enough for me to keep it going. Today's session was very blissful. For the first time, I could concentrate for the whole hour on my breath. Every time when a thought emerged I returned to my breath after only a few seconds. I make much faster progress than with my 20 minutes sessions.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 62
Bit of a weird session. I woke up at 7 like usual, but because of a sleepless night I felt super tired, so I went back to bed. I woke up at 10 AM and I was feeling like someone used me to mop the floor.

I ended up meditating at 3:30 PM. Not my usual time, but luckily there wasn't too much external noise, since my country is still on hard lockdown.

The session was decent, but I couldn't muster up enough mental strength to stop my mind from drifting away. I still completed the hour though.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 24

Not the best session.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 63
Peaceful session. My mind drifted away a couple of times, but it felt more like watching a movie than taking part in it.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 25

Good session with some interesting observations about just how tense I can be about everything, even when I think I'm relaxing.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 64
Ok session.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
After almost two weeks of experimenting with counting to 20 and then back to 1, yesterday I switched back to breath awareness.

Michael A. Singer says in one of his lectures that meditation is a practice for everyday life. When you get disturbed, you use what you've learned in meditation to get back to the center. And in my everyday life, when I get disturbed, I don't count my breaths. I focus on my breath and relax my body.

So I decided that a better way to practice is to go back to my previous meditation technique. In the end, this is the most important thing (quote out of context from one of Michael A. Singer's lectures but still very powerful I think):

If someone's yelling at you and you can sit there and count your breath, that's a really high practice. Pretty soon you'll start incorporating it in a lot of things in your life. By definition, you're more there. Because when you're counting your breath, you're there. Mantra is the same thing.

This is also very important to remember:

What's left of you is here to serve. You want to serve, you just take that whole stupid ego and you let it melt away into shakti. Otherwise you keep forming it back and you're undoing all the work that you did. You could meditate for hours, go for weekends and do a 5-day retreat and come back and play this game when you come back, you undid every single thing you did.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
  • Today, I lost my balance after seeing some disturbing news
  • I took the day off to meditate and center myself and am trying to channel the energy into something productive
  • How do you let go if a particular news story hits you?

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
How do you let go if a particular news story hits you?

Relax and release over and over again. Bigger stuff usually comes in waves (and the rest of the time it's somewhere in the background, not disturbing enough to cause a pronounced reaction).

Each time one hits you, just try to relax instead of letting it take you. Acknowledge that it's your human mind feeling this (based on its conditioning) but it doesn't mean you have to identify yourself with it (and "you" means the being watching it - you are not your thoughts as meditation easily shows).

It doesn't mean it'll be easy, that it'll work quickly, or that you try to act as if nothing happened. Just relax and don't think whether it "works" or doesn't. What definitely doesn't work is getting involved in it. Your work is to relax, release, and let go. Surrender to the fact that it happened.

Bigger stuff takes a lot of time and work to go through. I've been dealing with one for 1.5 years already. There's nothing else to do but slowly pick at it until it eventually goes away.

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit confusing. The main point, often repeated by Michael A. Singer, is to relax and release. This article may be helpful as well: 2. Relax and Release - Untethered Soul Group

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
What's left of you is here to serve. You want to serve, you just take that whole stupid ego and you let it melt away into shakti. Otherwise you keep forming it back and you're undoing all the work that you did. You could meditate for hours, go for weekends and do a 5-day retreat and come back and play this game when you come back, you undid every single thing you did.

What action does he mean, which would undo all the meditation work you've done?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
What action does he mean, which would undo all the meditation work you've done?

Playing the game of ego. If you meditate and then get up and shout at your spouse because she did something you didn't like you're undoing your session. If you go on meditation retreat only to come back and complain about the weather, you're undoing your work, too.

Plus in general this type of stuff (another quote):

Every single second of your life you're given the opportunity to decide: do you want to be right, prove yourself, prove that you're smart, have concepts, views, and opinions and argue for them or do you wanna look at them and say "really, am I still there, do I really want to do that or do I want to let the shakti melt and become herself and let her dance inside of me instead of me controlling her and making her into something extremely ugly?"

Shakti is energy. If you waste it on controlling the world, you can never feel it yourself (of you feel it very rarely).

And this quote may be helpful as well:

I don't know what's going on, I'll never know what's going on, I have to be comfortable not knowing what's going on. A lot of it comes down to "right, I'm right." People are trying to prove that they're right, trying to defend their position, trying to show that they're smart, trying to show that they have their act together. That's all defending your false solidity. You have to be willing to say "I'm nothing, I know nothing, I'll never know anything, I'm not supposed to know anything. How will I know anything? I showed up a few years ago and I'm leaving tomorrow." It's been here for 13.8 billion years [the world].

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Relax and release over and over again. Bigger stuff usually comes in waves (and the rest of the time it's somewhere in the background, not disturbing enough to cause a pronounced reaction).

Each time one hits you, just try to relax instead of letting it take you. Acknowledge that it's your human mind feeling this (based on its conditioning) but it doesn't mean you have to identify yourself with it (and "you" means the being watching it - you are not your thoughts as meditation easily shows).

It doesn't mean it'll be easy, that it'll work quickly, or that you try to act as if nothing happened. Just relax and don't think whether it "works" or doesn't. What definitely doesn't work is getting involved in it. Your work is to relax, release, and let go. Surrender to the fact that it happened.

Bigger stuff takes a lot of time and work to go through. I've been dealing with one for 1.5 years already. There's nothing else to do but slowly pick at it until it eventually goes away.

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit confusing. The main point, often repeated by Michael A. Singer, is to relax and release. This article may be helpful as well: 2. Relax and Release - Untethered Soul Group
I also highly recommend this book to everyone who participates here. What Singer is explaining is expanded upon in ACT therapy, where it's defined as cognitive defusion. That means you separate your identity from the thoughts and feelings you're experiencing, and you "let them go".

Now many people make the mistake of assuming that if you let them go, they disappear instantly. So for example you were feeling anxiety before an important presentation, and you let it go, go to meeting, and do your presentation, but you're still feeling anxious. Many people at this point think they have failed. But the whole point here is that you just "let them go" and act in spite of your thoughts/feelings, not that you ELIMINATE them. Basically your actions become detached from your thoughts/feelings, and you become FREE to take the right action. So don't mistake the continued presence of the feelings/thoughts as it not working.

This and more subtle distinctions are covered in the book I linked to above!

Bora.s

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Aug 12, 2018
  • Today, I lost my balance after seeing some disturbing news
  • I took the day off to meditate and center myself and am trying to channel the energy into something productive
  • How do you let go if a particular news story hits you?
I just watched a Michael Singer video Yesterday, he is addressing a similar question there, it is almost at the end of the video.
View: https://youtu.be/Nbs12aEZP6A

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 26

Rough session this time.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 65
Turbulent session, especially in the first half. The second half went much better.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Playing the game of ego. If you meditate and then get up and shout at your spouse because she did something you didn't like you're undoing your session. If you go on meditation retreat only to come back and complain about the weather, you're undoing your work, too.

Plus in general this type of stuff (another quote):

Every single second of your life you're given the opportunity to decide: do you want to be right, prove yourself, prove that you're smart, have concepts, views, and opinions and argue for them or do you wanna look at them and say "really, am I still there, do I really want to do that or do I want to let the shakti melt and become herself and let her dance inside of me instead of me controlling her and making her into something extremely ugly?"

Shakti is energy. If you waste it on controlling the world, you can never feel it yourself (of you feel it very rarely).

And this quote may be helpful as well:

I don't know what's going on, I'll never know what's going on, I have to be comfortable not knowing what's going on. A lot of it comes down to "right, I'm right." People are trying to prove that they're right, trying to defend their position, trying to show that they're smart, trying to show that they have their act together. That's all defending your false solidity. You have to be willing to say "I'm nothing, I know nothing, I'll never know anything, I'm not supposed to know anything. How will I know anything? I showed up a few years ago and I'm leaving tomorrow." It's been here for 13.8 billion years [the world].

Thanks for the explanation.
So engaging in ego after meditation would be just like eating fast food after working out! One is care for the body, the other is care for the mind.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Rebooting Myself

I am documenting how I got out of that heightened sense of shock from the news
  • The best way I can describe it is...
  • I focused on my breathing
  • At first the in breath, then pause, then the outbreath
  • After maybe an hour of breaths I shifted my mental state and pictured myself in third person
  • Seeing myself in third person helped me have compassion for myself
  • Seeing myself in third person helped me see the big picture and to move on

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 66
Very peaceful session. I've had a couple minor distractions but I refocused quickly.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 27

Another unfocused session.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 28

I'm not at my own home for the next few days so this was interesting. I did this one laying down, but aside from telling myself to stay awake here and there - it was actually a pretty good session.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 67
Okay session despite coming from a poor night's sleep

xSylon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
May 8, 2020
Germany
Day 15
Cannot say anything special about those 5 days. Some were harder, some easier.
I am reading the book 'A Million Thoughts' by Om Swami at the same time. He was more than 20 years of experience meditating and gives advice on how to be a good meditator and not just sit there for 1 hour and wait till the time is over. He also presents different mediation techniques.
I will tell you guys if I can recommend you the book when I finish it, but until now it really motivates me to meditate and maybe someday even reach 4 hours without losing myself in thoughts. Probably a goal that is hard to reach even after 5 years of practice.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I will tell you guys if I can recommend you the book when I finish it, but until now it really motivates me to meditate and maybe someday even reach 4 hours without losing myself in thoughts. Probably a goal that is hard to reach even after 5 years of practice.

I'm not sure if this is necessary. In the end, you meditate so you can be at peace in your everyday life. The end goal should be staying peaceful as you participate in life, not renouncing it for the sake of sitting alone in a room. I'll quote this again:

I think that focusing on how much time you can meditate is just another ego game. Ultimately, meditation is a tool. Would you rather learn how to be able to keep digging a hole with your shovel for 4 hours with no breaks or just dig the hole in the most efficient way possible?

That most efficient way is using meditation as practice for everyday life. The most important work is in everyday life, not in retreating from it by meditating more and more. If you enjoy hiking, you can prepare yourself physically by doing some exercises at home. But a few years from now, you don't want to spend more time exercising at home than actually hiking. Hiking is what you want, not the exercises.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I'm not sure if this is necessary. In the end, you meditate so you can be at peace in your everyday life. The end goal should be staying peaceful as you participate in life, not renouncing it for the sake of sitting alone in a room. I'll quote this again:

I think that focusing on how much time you can meditate is just another ego game. Ultimately, meditation is a tool. Would you rather learn how to be able to keep digging a hole with your shovel for 4 hours with no breaks or just dig the hole in the most efficient way possible?

That most efficient way is using meditation as practice for everyday life. The most important work is in everyday life, not in retreating from it by meditating more and more. If you enjoy hiking, you can prepare yourself physically by doing some exercises at home. But a few years from now, you don't want to spend more time exercising at home than actually hiking. Hiking is what you want, not the exercises.
  • Love the part in bold
  • This is quite possibly the most useful thread for quality of life
  • Very useful in getting through the "dessert of desertion" for entrepreneurs

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Day 29

Good session.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 68
Having 2 poor nights sleep in a row made the session mediocre. I still maintained focus better than 2 weeks ago under similar conditions, but I still have a long way to go.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.