The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[30.3.2021][Gyra] My records of moving from A to Z

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
[Notice]
Hi,
This is a thread I made to record my journey. Nothing more, so please go back if you like :) or if you would like to cheer me up. Thanks a lot. ;)
I'm Leona, born 1983 in Vietnam. After reading Uncripted and thinking hard for a week, I realized MJ and I have almost nothing in common so even if he gave me a compass, I had no idea how to move from A to Z. There seems to be no Fastlaner around me too, so I made this thread as a seed, I hope to grow it into a tree in this land, no matter how it becomes, every time I'm sad it will be the potion for me.

A: today, read the book --> need to take action but where to start? --> start by improve myself first -> go to SS to watch many teaching videos --> Making animated video on YT seems fine to me --> I'm going to make my first video tonight

Z: don't know yet, I will realize it when it comes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
There seems to be no Fastlaner around me too, so I made this thread as a seed, I hope to grow it into a tree in this land, no matter how it becomes, every time I'm sad it will be the potion for me.

Welcome Leona, and a very nice sentiment.

Dan

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A1: so I did follow the instruction and it took way too long than I expected --> why? --> because I'm not familar with it UI and didn't study any art course --> what to do? --> research what are top tools that other people use and master it first :)
--> I decided B will be : post a video that I'm satisfied 70% on YT and TT

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A1: I finished watching all toturials video but too many tools to remember, what is the most effective way to do? --> try to follow along some simple design YT and recreate them by memory.
New obstacle: I need to reinforce myself for a HSK test in next 10 days--> dont stop, cut time in half for both tasks every day.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What I like about your thought process is you are asking yourself logical, empowering questions, and making decisions based on the evidence in front of you. So many people come to this forum and let the littlest thing stop them.

Keep asking the right questions, keep making the best decisions you can, keep taking action.

Keep going.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A2: I finished a step by step toturial video of creating a simple art and then I use the same technique to make my first art about KvsG movie (what I like), although it is not animated yet. I made IN and TW account and post it. This is the first step. Good job for me! ✌

Last edited:

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
What I like about your thought process is you are asking yourself logical, empowering questions, and making decisions based on the evidence in front of you. So many people come to this forum and let the littlest thing stop them.

Keep asking the right questions, keep making the best decisions you can, keep taking action.

Keep going.
Thank you. I will keep going !

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A2: I finished another tutorial video and made my 2nd art of an anime character I like when I was a child, till no animation though but getting excited --> need to sleep on time to build enough energy for tomorrow.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A2: I finished my 3rd art . This one is more complicated design. The fact that I can bring what dearest to me into arts on computer is so exciting, a great motivation to keep on practicing.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
A sudden news came to me and I thought it would bring trouble in near future so all my good mood in the morning was gone. I felt unmotivated and lazy, I couldn't do any task that I'm supposed to do so took a nap to recharge, but after waking up it didn't get any better. I realized I was depressed. I went to Ted talks channel and looking for ways to solve it from the professionals, it was really helpful. Now I realize that I was simply in fear, fear for many things that may not happen and I need to keep calm and just do it.

Last edited:

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
Many app to make animation and they are all expensive, what to do --> go to SS to watch tutorial to see how to use and then go to YT to watch comparison videos

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
Done first 2s animated clip with no sound. But the tnz file cracked and I can not open again. The RAM can not handle it. Check the price of avarage animation computer, 1000~1500 usd at least. What to do now? I have to find out a way to go forward.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
How much RAM in your computer? Can you maybe just expand your device's RAM? Check computer boards and see if this is possible. $1000-$1500 will get you a nice system, but if you are just making Gif's, that sounds high. You're right it is a proper animation system, but until then, worst case, you probably can find a cheaper system that you can just put 16-32GB of RAM into...

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
How much RAM in your computer? Can you maybe just expand your device's RAM? Check computer boards and see if this is possible. $1000-$1500 will get you a nice system, but if you are just making Gif's, that sounds high. You're right it is a proper animation system, but until then, worst case, you probably can find a cheaper system that you can just put 16-32GB of RAM into...
4 GB

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
What are the skills it take to become a professional animator beside going to colleage--> research the online training certificate --> it will be around 1 year and 1500 usd --> means if I want to save 1500 usd it will take me 1.5 to 2 years by self-taught --> I will study follow the copes they advertise and need to win a price in a competition to show my ability because I have no certificate

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
Will go to the shop with the animator friend this weekend but he suggest me invest money in thr Mainboard and CPU as they are hard to upgrade later, so he hope we can set up a standaed PC around 700 USD.
In the time of waiting I will use simple shapes to animate to lower the virtual memort. I noted my a script and frames and hope to make my first 2 min short animation in this week, with the company laptop.

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
My friend and I tried many options but it is really need to be at least 1000 USD.
I got this money on hands now, but I consider it is quite a big amount so I hesitated for many days now. Should I spend it now? I need to move forward but this amount can help me solve some other things later. What to do?

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
My friend and I tried many options but it is really need to be at least 1000 USD.
I got this money on hands now, but I consider it is quite a big amount so I hesitated for many days now. Should I spend it now? I need to move forward but this amount can help me solve some other things later. What to do?
why don't you build the pc piece by piece? instead of buying a complete pc just buy the parts when you have the money and slowly build it yourself?

Leona Ta

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Mar 29, 2021
why don't you build the pc piece by piece? instead of buying a complete pc just buy the parts when you have the money and slowly build it yourself?
Thank you
Actually, our current option is my animator friend of friend will come to the shop with me and buy seperated parts then he will essemble into a pc for me, for free (he is persuing my friend). We though about more cheaper parts but 1000 USD is the least amount to have a pc (and monitor) that an animator can use in the next 5-7 years before I need to buy a new one. I also took these parts info and asked an IT guy in my company (who is assemble pc for people as a side job), he said this is a good minimum system.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.