The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2020 Fastlane Summit, Confirmed Speakers

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I’m paying - what to me - is a huge amount of money and rearranging my life -and the lives of my two kids- to go to this so I can invest in the friendships I have already made w/ ppl I value. I look forward to forming friendships with some of the leaders whom I don’t know.
Hell, just to say thank you to MJ for what he’s done is worth the price of the ticket.
I look forward to you out achieving all of us!

Vig replied "you should raise your expectations." ......
By doing this right here. You are going to be awesome!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I hope you attend. Given your rough start around here, you turned out to be quite a fascinating character who has contributed much to the forum. It didn't start this way, but now I have come to enjoy a lot of your posts, which always includes the links to various sources, studies, etc. :fistbump:
Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment ;D

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I hope you attend. Given your rough start around here, you turned out to be quite a fascinating character who has contributed much to the forum. It didn't start this way, but now I have come to enjoy a lot of your posts, which always includes the links to various sources, studies, etc. :fistbump:
And I think my posts have always bee pretty decent, I just created WW3 like 75 times LOL

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
mmmmmmm that might be a stretch
okay, at least a dozen times

Edit, but I think my threads have always been pretty decent..

i just had beef with like a half dozen forum members

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
I like the interactive thing going on here with @AllenCrawley and @ZCP . Learning something, and seeing it applied at the same time!
Agree 100%. I would think this would be way more valuable than story sharing or lectures. We can see the train of thought live, not just the end result

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Agree 100%. I would think this would be way more valuable than story sharing or lectures. We can see the train of thought live, not just the end result

@CareCPA Let's see you do someone's bookkeeping in real time!

Actually, I don't think I'd want to watch that.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Hell, just to say thank you to MJ for what he’s done is worth the price of the ticket...ost? I get real help and ideas and life-changing advice. (Preferably without crying..lol)

This whole thing is gonna be great. I trust you guys.

THIS

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
So, maybe a silly question but we are allowed to take notes, correct?

I have been to some conferences where they forbid note taking and/or phones.

If I can’t take notes I’ll crack.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
2nd the footage!!
I wish I could go too, but it turns out I'd have my hands tied for around half a year before I can really commit myself to the fastlane.
I'd def pay to see footage, lol.
Honestly this could be an awesome thing. Take somewhat High-Quality footage, put the footage on YouTube and let people share it. Some of those videos could make the Fastlane philosophy go viral.

@Vigilante already hit on it but I’ll second it. I’ve been selected to speak but I’m confirming my schedule before I commit. Personally I don’t want the info about my business being circulated via video.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So, maybe a silly question but we are allowed to take notes, correct?

I have been to some conferences where they forbid note taking and/or phones.

One of the best ways to decompress after the conference is to go backwards through your notes and review them and maybe rewrite them. There will probably be some people live tweeting a couple of the key points from the speeches. The first year I was there I took almost a notebooks worth of notes.

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
Ya, so far this is what my plan is.

Listen to Kak teach me to be a better leader. Listen to ZCP so I can come up with a great idea. Listen to Rearden so I can invent it well, then Bekit so I can market that sucker to the masses. Then I’m gonna share a brownie with you.

As more speakers are coming soon I’m sure this loose plan of mine will need adjusting. So far so good..
Great plan, @Primeperiwinkle! This is why I don't want breakout sessions - I want to hear it all.

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
I look forward to you out achieving all of us!
@ZCP, this encouragement toward @Primeperiwinkle is why I want to go to the conference: genuine concern for the success of other people. Each speaker is so generously giving: with their time, with the preparation, and with the sharing of their knowledge. I want and need to network with people like that. Networking is why I joined the forum online, so I wouldn't miss the opportunity to meet all of you like-minded people in person. I. Can't. Wait.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@ZCP, this encouragement toward @Primeperiwinkle is why I want to go to the conference: genuine concern for the success of other people. Each speaker is so generously giving: with their time, with the preparation, and with the sharing of their knowledge. I want and need to network with people like that. Networking is why I joined the forum online, so I wouldn't miss the opportunity to meet all of you like-minded people in person. I. Can't. Wait.
This is what @Vigilante is trying to say to @ChrisV ........ if we record these, it might give someone the excuse to stay home. They may miss a chance to change someone's life. The presentations are just the garnish on the plate. Come early, stay late. Spend the whole time trying to help others however you can.

Then as @Vigilante was saying .... on the flight home or when you first get back, go back through your notes. Reflect. Rewrite them. Block some thinking time. Sit back with your feet on your desk. Ask yourself what did I hear, see, feel? Then make an overall guide, then an action plan, then a list of people to directly contact and start to REGULARLY contact and help. Form mastermind groups. THAT is what this community and this Summit are all about.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
This is what @Vigilante is trying to say to @ChrisV ........ if we record these, it might give someone the excuse to stay home. They may miss a chance to change someone's life. The presentations are just the garnish on the plate. Come early, stay late. Spend the whole time trying to help others however you can.
yea fair enough.. i personally think that there are enough networking benefits to justify the trip regardless of if it's recorded or not, but hey it's up to you guys.. i'm sure it will be great regardless.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
NEW SPEAKER ANNOUNCED!

Mona L.
@Bertram, A Senior Research Scholar from Duke University.

Topic: Getting Attention. Dropping Distraction.

Mona does research on mental states, attention, a new model of consciousness, and cross-cultural ideas about well-being. Her discoveries are useful and kinda wildly unexpected. This work has provided her with the ability to deliver a really purposeful presentation for forum members. Join us for a helpful, accurate talk on time management and distraction and their effects on the domains of work, relationships, and oneself. She will cover the basics without the hackneyed, disempowering myths about technological triggers, addiction, habits, and ADD/ADHD. The focus is to learn the tools to make changes and live your life, not the life that is the sorry outcome of distraction. In addiction to undermining one's career and business, distraction causes friendships to run dry and marriages to become miserable and conflictive. It also results in poor health and a shortened life. She will also touch on research on the six attentional states, and those which one uses in order to think creatively.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Thanks very much for the invitation, @MJ DeMarco san. So much to learn and gain from you and everyone here.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FYI: Love that the ladies have stepped up, another speaker invite is outstanding which would make half of the confirmed speakers women thus far.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
FYI: Love that the ladies have stepped up, another speaker invite is outstanding which would make half of the confirmed speakers women thus far.
What good news to gather a bunch of rational women together.
Awwww, cover blown on the forum. But just for the season!
So many people treading through these waters absolutely avoid reading any content by a woman because of the way they were socially raised. It mostly comes off as self-protection. Respect and good luck, bros.
Next year at this time that particular lurking crowd will have gone back to regarding me as just some Bertram who cares about their stuff, period. Which is great.

EDIT: I said many. Not most.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

What good news to gather a bunch of rational women together.
Awwww, cover blown on the forum. But just for the season!
So many people treading through these waters absolutely avoid reading any content by a woman because of the way they were socially raised. It mostly comes off as self-protection. Respect and good luck, bros.
Next year at this time that particular lurking crowd will have gone back to regarding me as just some Bertram who cares about their stuff, period. Which is great.

There are several women, that I know of, that post quality content on the forum and are well respected members.

I don't get the angle. Alas, do what you need to do.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018

Huh, that's funny. I've been openly a woman on the forum this whole time and that has never happened to me. Could this be a limiting belief on your part?

For what it's worth, I assumed you were a guy. However, I doubt you would have been treated disrespectfully here (or had your posts selectively shunned) if people thought you were a female.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
There are several women, that I know of, that post quality content on the forum and are well respected members.

I don't get the angle. Alas, do what you need to do.
We agree. I'm not sure where you find a different angle.
Some people have extremely different values than you and me and they're here, and they simply can't or won't tune in to information presented by a woman. And it's nothing personal. But they ask for human feedback. There are many comments about this on the forum. Instead of skipping over them I engage.

@Bekit it's a liberating not limiting belief. I don't ever care who reads or skips my content. This is about responding to a stranger who needs more than a Like. And engaging even though they are not invested here, and eventually being forgotten by them.

EDIT: It makes sense to me to keep the thread focused on the 2020 Summit and save this discussion for another thread.

Last edited:

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
I don't care if the speakers are men or women as long as the topics are applicable, but I do appreciate MJ's and this forum's efforts not to marginalize women, because it can and does happen. One reason I am so excited about being an entrepreneur is that I am in complete control over my future. The internet doesn't care and doesn't have to know if I am male or female, as @Bertram proved. I will persist until I achieve and can give back by helping people myself.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Huh, that's funny. I've been openly a woman on the forum this whole time and that has never happened to me. Could this be a limiting belief on your part?

For what it's worth, I assumed you were a guy. However, I doubt you would have been treated disrespectfully here (or had your posts selectively shunned) if people thought you were a female.
I'm sorry if anyone here has taken offense to my words . I have no criticism and I've never felt worried about being disrespected here, not for a second, based on my gender. My meaning is being a little reworked though, so time to explain.
Also, I want to keep this thread on the topic of Summit 2020 Speakers.
I hope you do too.

It's totally obvious that the women here aren't disrespected in the discourse of this forum.
But at the same time, there are tons and tons of new members who really come at life from a different place and culture than you, and me, and the whole establishment here.
You bet, @Bekit they've mentioned their fear of women right on this forum.
It's nothing to do with disrespect. But these passing pilgrims most certainly want to engage and find answers. Some state here that they completely avoid all interactions with women face to face.
Whaddya think of that?
Suicidality is much higher among men from such communities.
Men are even more likely to attempt suicide because of financial worries. And they come here, the best place they know, reaching out or just reading.
It makes sense to me that people on the forum as of many years never peruse these threads.
That is the single reason why I don't gender out there immediately.
A good thing.
And I'll keep it that way.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
NEW SPEAKER ANNOUNCED!

Mona L.
@Bertram, A Senior Research Scholar from Duke University.

Topic: Getting Attention. Dropping Distraction.

Mona does research on mental states, attention, a new model of consciousness, and cross-cultural ideas about well-being. Her discoveries are useful and kinda wildly unexpected. This work has provided her with the ability to deliver a really purposeful presentation for forum members. Join us for a helpful, accurate talk on time management and distraction and their effects on the domains of work, relationships, and oneself. She will cover the basics without the hackneyed, disempowering myths about technological triggers, addiction, habits, and ADD/ADHD. The focus is to learn the tools to make changes and live your life, not the life that is the sorry outcome of distraction. In addiction to undermining one's career and business, distraction causes friendships to run dry and marriages to become miserable and conflictive. It also results in poor health and a shortened life. She will also touch on research on the six attentional states, and those which one uses in order to think creatively.

I am really looking forward to this one

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.