The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Fastlane Summit, Official Thread

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I went to the prom once. Had the night of my life. It was the kind of night you wished would never end. The night settled into the early morning. We never wanted it to end. It was if we were breathing new air. It literally was, up until that point, the time of my life. The next week, everyone else settled back into their old routines. Not me. I continued to live in that moment, falling more and more in love with the girl. While everyone else eventually slipped back into mediocrity, I decided I was going to spend the rest of my life pursuing her.

I married her.

What about you? Are you simply going to look back on this awesome experience as an event, with the memories and lessons and contacts and feelings eventually fading to black? Or... are you going to marry it and make it even bigger than this past weekend was for you? You don't have to be one of them. You don't have to go back to the way things were for you last week, last month, or last year. You can stay in the moment.

A lot of you have posted thanks. Awe. Inspiration. Motivation. Enthusiasm. Appreciation. Resolve.

Now what? Are you going to marry the girl, or are you going to be like most of the attendees and just look back at it as a fond memory and moment in time?

Now that you are all back where you started from, now what?

If, a year from now, you find yourself unchanged and in the same place you were last week, you wasted your money and other people's time. Now is the time to decide. Now is the time to make a break for it. Now is the time to leave bold declarations as the "old you" and make decisive action the "new you."

We're waiting for you. Are you going to be on the speakers platform next year after a transformational year like @Eskil ?

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I woke up this morning with no voice. What a weekend!

At some point today I will go off into seclusion for at least a few hours for the purpose letting the information absorb and to reflect.

Many thanks to all the speakers and attendees. Thanks @Red and @MJ DeMarco for putting together the best event yet. Thanks @Eskil and @thorn for your help as well!

Eskil is the example of what can be accomplished in one year. From an idea to mass market in ONE YEAR! It just blows me away. Will you be next years 'Eskil'?

FLexitee

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jan 13, 2015
Southern California
What a weekend! I have never been so inspired in my life. Reading TMF is one thing, but actually seeing and hearing people living the concept is amazing. I learned something new from everyone I met, walked out with a network of not only entrepreneurs, but friends. To you fastlaners kicking a$$ already such as @MJ DeMarco , @Eskil , @JasonR , @AllenCrawley , thanks for the inspiring chats we shared and your willingness to answer any and all questions. To the fastlaners out there that were looking for direction and motivation, you now have it! So there is no excuses. Besides checking out the forum this morning, I have already taken more action towards my goals than this whole year so far. This was definitely the kick in the butt I needed! Looking forward to seeing progress threads!

-Michael

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Some of my take-aways:

1. When booking a ticket, make sure that you're going to the right place.

6427d1408740073t-need-urgent-help-im-idiot.gif

2. Everyone has something valuable to offer - from the newest entrepreneur to the most experienced. I think I learned something new from everyone I spoke to. Talk to everyone, whether it's a pedi-cab driver, a waitress or a multimillionaire CEO.

3. Pedi-cabs are freakin' fantastic.

4. People waste the most time on the internet during work hours. Take advantage of that.

5. "Quit writing your story with someone else's pen." - another brilliant MJ quote.

6. Talk to as many people as you can as much as you can. The talks were great, the relationships were in some ways better.

I went from:

giphy.gif

to:

15-classic-text-messages-all-best-friends-have-sent-to-each-other-18-p-16.gif

Pretty quickly. I didn't meet one person I didn't like, and I see myself staying in contact with them for years to come.

7. Mirroring! Don't be a 2 when the other is a 9.

8. I need to read Ready, Fire, Aim. Apparently.

9. Look at what information http://bluekai.com/registry/ has for you. Fascinating.

10. Protect your assets.

11. Most stove tops are terribly designed. Seriously.

I found my tribe. No joke. I had so much fun, I learned so much and I have so much to do before next year (I'm speaking, you all. Go ahead and put me on the schedule now, cuz it's gonna happen).

I encourage everyone that went to take an hour or two today, go through the notes, and figure out how you are going to implement what you learned - if you don't implement, this event has just been mental masturbation. Figure out how you can permanently change your life with the information you learned.

And remember to keep talking to the people you met!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Folks, here is the Official FB group for the 2015 Summit so we can keep in contact.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/508758542598409/

Please note, this is not the group from the old meetups. It's a newer one, however, anyone from the past meetup(s) can join.

Please join the group if you'd like and post some of the photo's from your weekend. I took several with people and would love to see them!!

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Folks, here is the Official FB group for the 2015 Summit so we can keep in contact.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/508758542598409/

Please note, this is not the group from the old meetups. It's a newer one, however, anyone from the past meetup(s) can join.

Please join the group if you'd like and post some of the photo's from your weekend. I took several with people and would love to see them!!

That may be good for next year - have someone tasked with taking pictures. I'll put "Bring my camera" on my Fastlane Summit 2016 to-do list right now. I was so busy talking I didn't even think about taking a lot of pictures, but I would have loved to have had more.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I didnt get to make it, hope someone was able to stand in for me.... bummed I paid and was ready but the snow kept me in.. gonna try to read notes from page 19 on

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I didnt get to make it, hope someone was able to stand in for me.... bummed I paid and was ready but the snow kept me in.. gonna try to read notes from page 19 on
I'm bummed you couldn't make it. Yours was one of the presentations I was really looking forward to.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
got to the end here after reading the last 3-4 pages.

was really hoping for some notes, but I kinda knew there wouldn't be any. looks like it was a great time.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Got home late last night and have finally gotten the kids settled.

First, I want to thank @MJ DeMarco for writing the book, starting the forum and basically being the foundation for this whole enterprise. Both of your talks were outstanding, and my Wife had never heard the last talk you gave. It was eye-opening and mind blowing for her, and has already led to some fundamental changes in our own financial plans. So thank you. In addition, it was refreshing to meet you in person for the first time. Thanks!

Next, thank you @Red for one of the BEST organized and RUN conferences that I have ever attended. I've been to many and this was nearly FLAWLESS. Next year I want you to give a talk about the dos and don'ts of RE and hear about your journey. :)

@AllenCrawley: thank for the wonderful MC job and for the great advice.
@Vigilante, you posted
Now what? Are you going to marry the girl, or are you going to be like most of the attendees and just look back at it as a fond memory and moment in time?

Now that you are all back where you started from, now what?
GREAT question. The Wife and I wished to lose no momentum and so on the plane flight home we laid out the entire plan for moving forward over the next 12-18 months with our product-centered business. Thanks to the folks at the meetup (especially @thorn, @throttleforward, @enΔeka, @Travis Phipps, @Eskil (from your talk) and @Milkanic) for the discussion and advice about how to source, package, test, market, and deliver a product, as well as how to advertise and get traction. We've got a serious must-do family thing on Monday (with an attendant week of preparation) and then we'll be launching. The Wife and I plan to have a compelling (and successful!) story to tell at next year's B&P and we'd love the opportunity to speak again. That's our plan for guaranteeing a ticket. :)

I/We would also like to thank:
- @Y.B. for one hell of an idea. I'll be in touch shortly.
- A special thank you to @Maverick 1000 for another powerful story as well as kindness, genuineness, a wonderful offer, and for showing that failure/adversity is just the beginning of the journey. I'll be in touch.

- @Arrabista for a powerful presentation, powerful personal story, and for being a wonderful human being. :)
- @The Duc for expanding our minds. We've been thinking of the "homeless" lifestyle for a while and your example and story were a powerful push in that direction.
- @GlobalWealth for another life altering (for us) presentation; you've shown us a way forward (financially) that no one else in the "financial sector" ever has. Plus your personal story is fascinating.
- @Esquire: thanks for one of the funniest presentations that I've ever seen. Who knew that vasectomies were fastlane? And that Ferrets could be the daddy? :)
- @Travis Phipps for an outstanding presentation and product. Hope to see you here next week!

This was such a powerful weekend in so many ways. It's difficult to wrap my mind around the massive change that has already happened as of today (Monday). But let me try and list it out:

o The Wife is FULLY ON-BOARD with the entrepreneurial journey. It's not just something that I do and that she supports - it's now personal for HER. She's all in on a cellular level. :) More importantly, we're a team in the truest sense of the word. No more disconnect between one of us wanting to be an entrepreneur & the other being "most of the way" there. :)

o It's been said multiple times, but we have found our tribe. Neither of us has found such a consistently positive, supportive, and yet challenging group of people, EVER. We both now know at the gut level who we are and what success really looks like. It's not just an idea anymore.

o We went from a couple of possibilities for moving forward to a laser-like focus on a product/niche that could be very promising. We'll have to test it and see if it works but we're going.

o We started several incredible friendships.

o We feel accountable. How awful would it be to get there next year and not have tried? To not have taken action?

One final note: as we were flying home and mapping out the next 12-18 months of our Master Plan, the Wife said to me: "Okay, starting Monday you have four weeks to TAKE ACTION on this before going back to work."

"TAKE ACTION."

A two word combination never used by her ever in my presence. But now? Lessons seen, experienced, absorbed and integrated.

"TAKE ACTION."

This is what this weekend has done for us. Deeply, seriously life changing.

Gotta get to work. Thanks again guys!

Thenernsauce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Feb 20, 2015
Dallas TX
It's tempting to write a 100 paragraph disertation on how amazing last weekend was, but ill summarize instead:

I bought a last second plane ticket the Sunday before the meet up, knew nobody (including my roommate… nice meeting ya Ross, lol), had never posted on the forum, and it may have been the smartest decision I have ever made.

Shout out to @MJ DeMarco, @Red, and all the other speakers. The actions behind your words meant the world to me.

Thanks guys.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
@Thenernsauce You too!

was really hoping for some notes, but I kinda knew there wouldn't be any. looks like it was a great time.

I'm going to be putting some stuff up related to mine in the coming days. I've slept about 12 hours in the last 96 though, and an opportunity just came across my desk as I got home, so it'll probably be at least a week minimum, maybe not until April if things get away from me and I go to India first :-\ Sorry you couldn't make it, speakers were mega valuable to me.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
@Thenernsauce You too!

I'm going to be putting some stuff up related to mine in the coming days. I've slept about 12 hours in the last 96 though, and an opportunity just came across my desk as I got home, so it'll probably be at least a week minimum, maybe not until April if things get away from me and I go to India first :-\ Sorry you couldn't make it, speakers were mega valuable to me.
How in the world does someone do the alt code to make the "D" in your name, man? ;)

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
How in the world does someone do the alt code to make the "D" in your name, man? ;)

You can install the Greek Polytonic Keyboard in your control panel if you have a Window's machine, that remaps that symbol to the D.

Don't bother though, as the 4 Starbucks Double Shots I drank in Vegas are wearing off, my last act is a post I'm writing for the general section asking for/informing people about a name change.

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
Had an awesome time as well. It was interesting to speak with the ones in the group that had already achieved their freedom. You could just see it in the way they carried themselves. Gave me even more motivation to get out of my 9-5! This year - fingers crossed.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Got home late last night and have finally gotten the kids settled.

First, I want to thank @MJ DeMarco for writing the book, starting the forum and basically being the foundation for this whole enterprise. Both of your talks were outstanding, and my Wife had never heard the last talk you gave. It was eye-opening and mind blowing for her, and has already led to some fundamental changes in our own financial plans. So thank you. In addition, it was refreshing to meet you in person for the first time. Thanks!

Next, thank you @Red for one of the BEST organized and RUN conferences that I have ever attended. I've been to many and this was nearly FLAWLESS. Next year I want you to give a talk about the dos and don'ts of RE and hear about your journey. :)

@AllenCrawley: thank for the wonderful MC job and for the great advice.
@Vigilante, you posted
GREAT question. The Wife and I wished to lose no momentum and so on the plane flight home we laid out the entire plan for moving forward over the next 12-18 months with our product-centered business. Thanks to the folks at the meetup (especially @thorn, @throttleforward, @enΔeka, @Travis Phipps, @Eskil (from your talk) and @Milkanic) for the discussion and advice about how to source, package, test, market, and deliver a product, as well as how to advertise and get traction. We've got a serious must-do family thing on Monday (with an attendant week of preparation) and then we'll be launching. The Wife and I plan to have a compelling (and successful!) story to tell at next year's B&P and we'd love the opportunity to speak again. That's our plan for guaranteeing a ticket. :)

I/We would also like to thank:
- @Y.B. for one hell of an idea. I'll be in touch shortly.
- A special thank you to @Maverick 1000 for another powerful story as well as kindness, genuineness, a wonderful offer, and for showing that failure/adversity is just the beginning of the journey. I'll be in touch.

- @Arrabista for a powerful presentation, powerful personal story, and for being a wonderful human being. :)
- @The Duc for expanding our minds. We've been thinking of the "homeless" lifestyle for a while and your example and story were a powerful push in that direction.
- @GlobalWealth for another life altering (for us) presentation; you've shown us a way forward (financially) that no one else in the "financial sector" ever has. Plus your personal story is fascinating.
- @Esquire: thanks for one of the funniest presentations that I've ever seen. Who knew that vasectomies were fastlane? And that Ferrets could be the daddy? :)
- @Travis Phipps for an outstanding presentation and product. Hope to see you here next week!

This was such a powerful weekend in so many ways. It's difficult to wrap my mind around the massive change that has already happened as of today (Monday). But let me try and list it out:

o The Wife is FULLY ON-BOARD with the entrepreneurial journey. It's not just something that I do and that she supports - it's now personal for HER. She's all in on a cellular level. :) More importantly, we're a team in the truest sense of the word. No more disconnect between one of us wanting to be an entrepreneur & the other being "most of the way" there. :)

o It's been said multiple times, but we have found our tribe. Neither of us has found such a consistently positive, supportive, and yet challenging group of people, EVER. We both now know at the gut level who we are and what success really looks like. It's not just an idea anymore.

o We went from a couple of possibilities for moving forward to a laser-like focus on a product/niche that could be very promising. We'll have to test it and see if it works but we're going.

o We started several incredible friendships.

o We feel accountable. How awful would it be to get there next year and not have tried? To not have taken action?

One final note: as we were flying home and mapping out the next 12-18 months of our Master Plan, the Wife said to me: "Okay, starting Monday you have four weeks to TAKE ACTION on this before going back to work."

"TAKE ACTION."

A two word combination never used by her ever in my presence. But now? Lessons seen, experienced, absorbed and integrated.

"TAKE ACTION."

This is what this weekend has done for us. Deeply, seriously life changing.

Gotta get to work. Thanks again guys!

I love this recap. Now stop typing and get at it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Had an awesome time as well. It was interesting to speak with the ones in the group that had already achieved their freedom. You could just see it in the way they carried themselves. Gave me even more motivation to get out of my 9-5! This year - fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed conveys luck. You don't need luck. You need resolve.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Gave me even more motivation to get out of my 9-5! This year - fingers crossed.
Man, I am dying on the inside right now - and I have nobody to blame but me.

A job is no longer an option

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The Wife is FULLY ON-BOARD with the entrepreneurial journey. It's not just something that I do and that she supports - it's now personal for HER. She's all in on a cellular level. :) More importantly, we're a team in the truest sense of the word. No more disconnect between one of us wanting to be an entrepreneur & the other being "most of the way" there.

Words cannot describe how powerful this is and how much it makes me happy for you.

Ramble On

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jun 7, 2014
Fingers crossed conveys luck. You don't need luck. You need resolve.
Understood. I didn't mean to convey that it is based on luck. My wife and I have been hard at work on our business for 18 months now. She has been able to leave her full time job and is now working the business full time. Just a few more hurdles to clear and I will be right there with her. It was just exciting to see others that have achieved their freedom because I am almost there!

argst13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Nov 14, 2013
My business partner @thorn attended and I am so jealous! I am very familiar with @Eskil 's story from him am still hung up on an idea. It is inspiring to know that it all happened for @Eskil in one year, so there is hope for me after all. I am still hung up on trying to find a need to fill. I tried once before and failed, but I guess that is what it is all about, learning from your failures. Time to crap or get off the pot so that I can be there with you'll next year.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.