The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016 Fastlane Summit (Official Ticket Sales, Speakers, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
OK, a few more.

6. Be transparent. We're way more interested in where you are heading than where you are at. It's ok to be real. It's OK that you're not at the top of the mountain. As long as you are climbing, we'll climb with you.

7. Be careful. We don't know all of the people there personally. We can't vouch for at least half of the attendees.

8. Don't be an a$$. There aren't points for challenging the speakers just for the sake of debate, as has on occasion been the case in the past. Absolutely engage, ask questions, and disagree if your disagreements are fact based. There's nobody that has been selected to speak that can't handle a give and take. Just be respectful, don't ask drunk questions, and don't be over the top. Keep in mind the speakers all volunteered because they feel they have something to share with you. Let thanks be the first words that come from your mouth. And, expect the audience to intercede if your question is over the top.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
5. Don't judge. At the first meet-up, I spent a half hour on a soap box telling a newbie all about how he should be running his business. He took it all in, and I was happy to oblige with my superior intellect. Only found out a few days later that he could buy and sell me. His business was (and is) awesome. He was there to learn, and apparently I thought I was there to teach. I vow for this weekend to listen way more than I talk, and try and absorb as much of what is happening around me. I made a fatal and legendary mistake by talking when I should have been listening. It's not that I shouldn't have engaged, but I forgot that everyone has something to contribute. See if you can find it in each conversation you have.

Well said and highly applicable in many situations @Vigilante.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
WARNING003.gif

If you are new to the forum and/or have never posted an introductory post, you are going to want to take the time to do so now. There are a few people still in the shadows with a ticket to the event. If you want to be part of the party, you have to have a

hello-my-name-is.jpg

tag, and the only way to get one is by posting an intro thread here :

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/forums/introductions-networking.16/

Make sure to reference the meetup in your intro headline so we can read it before we are in Scottsdale, and drop a link in this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Still waiting to hear from the following speakers with their brief introduction:

@Red
@Arrabista
@Boom
@Chadi
@LightHouse
@kamanuci
@splok
@Iwokeup
@GIlman
@Likwid24
@Travis Phipps
@biophase
@DaveC
@Sean Marshall
@GlobalWealth
@S.O

Please PM your introduction to me directly.

Please use this simple template to write your intro...

Describe your background relative to the topic, to the audience, or to establish credibility. If applicable include a noteworthy accomplishment relating to your topic.

Describe enough of the topic to arouse audience interest in your topic and in you.

*** Please include your full name and if necessary pronunciation instruction.

Thanks!

Allen

Still waiting to hear from the following speakers with their brief introduction:

@Red
@Chadi
@kamanuci
@Iwokeup
@Likwid24
@Travis Phipps
@DaveC
@GlobalWealth
@S.O

I hope to hear from you within the next 24 hours so I can prepare. I've PM'd each of you directly.

Describe your background relative to the topic, to the audience, or to establish credibility. If applicable include a noteworthy accomplishment relating to your topic.

Describe enough of the topic to arouse audience interest in your topic and in you.

Thanks!

Allen

Last edited:

entrepreneur7

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 19, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix

I can write one for everybody who doesn't submit.

Ever met a Sumatran bean farmer who was raised off the coast of Peru? You will once I'm done with intros.

... also, I should probably get you mine....

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Ever met a Sumatran bean farmer who was raised off the coast of Peru? You will once I'm done with intros.

... also, I should probably get you mine....
An exercise in copywriting?

I've already picked up a couple more intro's. @GlobalWealth sent in his but an intro written by you would be way more entertaining.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC

@Red
@Chadi
@kamanuci
@Iwokeup
@Likwid24
@Travis Phipps
@DaveC
@GlobalWealth
@S.O

I hope to hear from you within the next 24 hours so I can prepare. I've PM'd each of you directly.

Thanks!

Allen

All we really need to know about @Likwid24

sal-620x341.jpg 14633019-mmmain.jpg

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

@Red - I have some great news.

I am pleased to announce....that I am now available to speak at the conference.

By the end of my presentation, I 100% guarantee ALL (yes ALL) attendees will be guaranteed the following:

1. No more limiting beliefs.
2. Remove ALL negative self talk.
3. In their minds and actions, they will already ALL be millionaires (during my presentation).
4. And last, but not least, they will become spiritually enlightened, and be one with the universe, allowing instant manifestation of everything they ever wanted in life.

Imagine how good you will look for having ^ THIS ^ presentation to happen at a conference YOU were a part of planning!

All that is yours... I'll just need $5,000 sent to my paypal account immediately to cover round trip flights from Denver to Phoenix, suites at The W, presentation fees, and "miscellaneous expenses" (At least $2,000 of that must be in singles - don't ask - @The truth knows what up).

Actually no... screw paypal - western union cash only.

So yeah, once we can get that over, I'll be ready to send over my intro for my 3 hour presentation spot.

:D

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

By the end of my presentation, I 100% guarantee ALL (yes ALL) attendees will be guaranteed the following:

3. In their minds and actions, they will already ALL be millionaires (during my presentation).
4. And last, but not least, they will become spiritually enlightened, and be one with the universe, allowing instant manifestation of everything they ever wanted in life.

Imagine how good you will look for having ^ THIS ^ presentation to happen at a conference YOU were a part of planning!

All that is yours... I'll just need $5,000 sent to my paypal account immediately to cover round trip flights from Denver to Phoenix, suites at The W, presentation fees, and "miscellaneous expenses" (At least $2,000 of that must be in singles - don't ask - @The truth knows what up).

So yeah, once we can get that over, I'll be ready to send over my intro for my 3 hour presentation spot.

:facepalm:

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC

She's got plenty of cash since she helped that Nigerian astronaut get home last week
http://www.unilad.co.uk/viral/there...ut-floating-around-space-who-needs-your-help/

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Because I know this crew....

Do you guys have any interest in having this company on hand on Sunday morning?

Emergency IV

EmergencyIV.jpg

They are giving us a group rate of $90 a person for the basic 1L IV of fluids. No I'm not joking about this & I want to pre-reserve. If we get a few people on board, I would like to give them a heads up.

The company was started by a RN & they have a NMD & a firefighter/paramedic on board as well.

Please let me know so I can get a head count? I think this would be great for the night before/morning after?

This is NOT a part of the Meetup weekend & is NOT included in ticket pricing. This is just something extra that I thought might benefit some of our attendees & if there is enough interest, I can pre-reserve them. I am not affiliated, I receive no kick-backs/commissions, I just think I want this for myself, LOL.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Emergency IV

View attachment 11621

They are giving us a group rate of $90 a person for the basic 1L IV of fluids. No I'm not joking about this & I want to pre-reserve. If we get a few people on board, I would like to give them a heads up.

The company was started by a RN & they have a NMD & a firefighter/paramedic on board as well.

Please let me know so I can get a head count? I think this would be great for the night before/morning after?

This is NOT a part of the Meetup weekend & is NOT included in ticket pricing. This is just something extra that I thought might benefit some of our attendees & if there is enough interest, I can pre-reserve them. I am not affiliated, I receive no kick-backs/commissions, I just think I want this for myself, LOL.
So it's not on demand? I can't say for certain it'll be needed enough to pre reserve.

That's why we invited pete.... Sorry to let you know the truth Pete.... Lol.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

@Red
@Chadi
@kamanuci
@Iwokeup
@Likwid24
@Travis Phipps
@DaveC
@GlobalWealth
@S.O

Thanks!

Allen

Not bad. That's only HALF of the presenters that haven't gotten their shit t

Emergency IV

View attachment 11621

That kid who turned 21 during the meeting a few years back could have used this.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
That kid who turned 21 during the meeting a few years back could have used this.

There's been a couple. And I *think* someone mentioned they are also turning 21 for this one???

nayR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Feb 16, 2012
California

Emergency IV

View attachment 11621

Wow... I really do not know what to expect from this meet up.. lol. Just turned 21 recently. :drowning: <--- maybe that will be me at the event.

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
I'm pretty sure I will keep this thread hidden from my wife.

She would be questioning my decisions already.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
To give some of the newbies a little insight into all of these shenanigans there's a couple things you need to realize:

1.) Most of the people in your/our lives don't understand being an entrepreneur. Your family, your "friends", your co-workers, your teachers, your extended family, the guy down the street, the clerk at the store -- NONE of them understand who you are or what you're trying to do.

2.) When you get into a room full of people who actually understand this -- not just intellectually, but emotionally, mentally, physically -- all of it -- you form very tight bonds and friendships.

3.) Most of us live around the world and travel constantly -- this is the one time of year we can all get together and see each other. This is family for us so you'd better believe we are all overly giddy to see each other. Yes, we party hard and we have a hell of a lot of fun; yes we want you to do the same as your initiation into the family -- but you better believe the next morning we are all ready to take notes and grow our business -- because that's where our passion lies.

I've said it before in my talks (and I'm not the only one) -- the fastlane family is one of the most important things to me in my life -- and when you get into the "inner circle" you'd better believe that you'll become one of the most important people to me and everyone else at this meetup.

There's a lot of new people coming so yes, we'll be a little skeptical at times and maybe even stand-offish. Don't take offense to this. Look at Vigilante's notes above and you'll be just fine.

Bonus points if you bring advil and gatorade in the mornings.

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
Figure I'd repost my intro. It's pretty crazy how much your mindset/life can change.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/1st-fastlane-member-from-rhode-island.46296/

In the 3 years since the intro, I went from a struggling 19 year old college student to business owner. This forum has definitely played a huge part in my progress.

Looking forward to meeting all of you soon!

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
A note for new attenders : reflections from my first Beer and Pancakes meeting.

1. Arrive early and stay late. (for the weekend, for meetups, for all of it)
2. Attend ALL meetings, and all social functions possible.
(both of those will fall under "do as I say and not as I do" as I am an old man and relatively antisocial. But, you will gain the most by a fully immersive experience. You will learn a ton from ALL the presentations, even the ones you don't think you are interested in. And if someone crashes and burns during their presentation, you can even learn from that. You will be surprised that a lot of your favorite takeaways and possible life changing moments may come from a conversation over lunch, or a discussion at the golf simulator event. Don't skip them.)

3. Mingle. Not like a dating mingle (although there will be people there who think that's what I am talking about) but intentionally seek out new people, and engage them. Some of the discussions amongst the old timers is the fact that they are there to meet YOU, not necessarily hang out with the old school. So engage. One of my favorite memories from my first B&P is when I had breakfast with @jon.a and his (far) better half.

4. Don't be star struck. Aside from @Arrabista, @Likwid24 and @MJ DeMarco, there aren't any rockstars in attendance. We're all just people who put their pants on one leg at a time (except @GlobalWealth and you really don't want to see that).

5. Don't judge. At the first meet-up, I spent a half hour on a soap box telling a newbie all about how he should be running his business. He took it all in, and I was happy to oblige with my superior intellect. Only found out a few days later that he could buy and sell me. His business was (and is) awesome. He was there to learn, and apparently I thought I was there to teach. I vow for this weekend to listen way more than I talk, and try and absorb as much of what is happening around me. I made a fatal and legendary mistake by talking when I should have been listening. It's not that I shouldn't have engaged, but I forgot that everyone has something to contribute. See if you can find it in each conversation you have.

I envy the first time attenders, as your eyes are about to be opened to the company you chose to keep. I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can (although I have some other business I will be attending to that will tear me away at times) but this is an all in, all immersive experience and I hope you can do each of the above 5 points, and you will walk away with a new perspective on your business and hopefully your life. Go get it.
@Vigilante

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Little help.... haven't been able to locate where I can buy my Wife a ticket to Friday night's event.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
@Vigilante,

Thanks for un-tagging me in your meet up rundown. It felt weird being called a "star" given my upstart status around here.

The thought was much appreciated, though.:)
But you do have rockstar and celeb status.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Straight to the Poker Room!

TSR's "poker room" is more of a hall. Dozens of tables, probably the best place to play in AZ.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
TSR's "poker room" is more of a hall. Dozens of tables, probably the best place to play in AZ.
One of the best poker rooms I've ever played in.

VoEOCta.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads