The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2012 Beer & Pancakes

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Every year I struggle with what to share here after B&P. On one hand, my "teacher" persona desperately wants to share the wisdom, insight and practical information that I have learned as well as the way in which I intend to apply it all in the coming year. On the other hand, I respect the relationships I've formed here enough to keep close to the vest the information which was shared among friends - the kinds of things one doesn't share on public fora. I always walk away so full of energy, inspiration, information and emotion to set the world on fire. On the other hand, I know that I am blessed to have been privy to exclusive disclosure, simply because I was willing to pay the tiny price to be here.

I thank you all, once again, for allowing me to be part of your "circle". It's fun to sit at the adult version of the cool kids' table. That is, to have the opportunity to share in your world of business, passion and in some cases, new-found [ridiculous] success. I always come away from Beer and Pancakes with a feeling of humility, feeling truly blessed to have the opportunity to call you all "friend".

Sorry for the corny gut-spill. But y'all really are my favorite peeps in the world!

P.S. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it just seems a pity that I can't share the 45 degree Lighthouse Lean. ;-)

Cheers!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

entreparkour

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 27, 2012
Thanks for all the hospitality from the Fast Lane folks at B&P this year. Had a lot of fun. Sorry I had to bail early.

Sincerely,

Entreparkour ;~)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Thanks for all the hospitality from the Fast Lane folks at B&P this year. Had a lot of fun. Sorry I had to bail early.

Sincerely,

Entreparkour ;~)

hahahahahah PERFECT name.

HEY.... PARKOUR!

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
Really enjoyed the presentations! Glad I could make it out.

I'm stoked about coming next year and seeing where everyone is at!

:cheers: -- To making the next year even bigger.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Russ and Kenric - Special thanks for organizing a fantastic event
Mike and Danielle - Thank you for being such gracious hosts

What an amazing weekend. Absolutely mind-blowing presentations and incredible conversations. Deeply humbled to have been in the presence of such extraordinary people. Thank you sincerely, to every one of you. Please let us know if you are ever in our neck of the woods, and see you next year!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Thanks for a great meetup--I had a great time (as usual). The presentations were great and all, but I think the highlight of my trip was when Chris walked me out to my car and then spontaneously threw up in Mike's yard. Needless to say, between the Parkour fail (which I'm sad I missed) and the vomiting I will hands down be there next year.

Zen Master

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 28, 2012
Hey I finally made an account! Thanks to Russ and Kenric for organizing this. I had a blast meeting everyone this weekend, can't wait for next year :)

You all rock!

John

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yeah hi everyone, its your favorite most inappropriate fastlaner here to ask...

Who wants to admit to doing the Deuce45(Lighthouse tilt)??

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I never thought I'd hear/see anything at B&P that rated a triple facepalm. Congrats, Chris.

Would you be referring to the "Deuce 45"?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Thank you all for your wonderful presentations! I got some great nuggets of wisdom that I am already using. It was great to reconnect with old friends and meet new ones.

I'm already thinking ahead to next year... I'm keeping notes of what I'm doing and learning on my new business venture so I'll have something more specific to share with you all next year!

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
On a side note -- Anyone happen to find a Macbook Charger laying around?

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
Yeah hi everyone, its your favorite most inappropriate fastlaner here to ask...

Who wants to admit to doing the Deuce45(Lighthouse tilt)??

I'll also fess up to it! :p

Also, someone mentioned something about a contact list in years past. I know most of you already knew each other, but I would appreciate it or look me up on fb! http://www.facebook.com/people/Kyle-Walters/17001013

arfa

Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 16, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Hi guys.
It was a pleasure to meet all of you.
Some of the presentations highlights from now on become our family keywords: Billy's "1000%", Kyle's "huge $50 discount", Dana's "Perhaps", Jill's "Just ask".
On our flight back we had an amazing "perhaps" story:
The flight was overweight, so they left us in the airport till the next available, so we missed the sun time in our vacation spot - "perhaps"
They suggested to compensate us for $300, we asked for better compensation, and we got $1800!!! - "perhaps".
Mark wanted to visit Fry's but we didn't have time and suddenly have 4 more hours, so we went and bought presents for the kids we haven't plan - "perhaps".
The next day we were supposed to be on sunny vacation in California - it was the coldest week of the place's history .. "perhaps".
At 4 pm next day we get a call , that the kids got sick and we have to get back home immediately (without sitting 2 additional days in cold weather), so we paid $600 for 7pm tickets - "perhaps".
The taxi driver was late (stuck in traffic for 1/2 hour), so we could of be late for the plane, but our plane was delayed for 1/2 hour - "perhaps"
The passengers who had connection flight within less than 1.5 hour were the only ones who were invited on board, the rest stayed for another flight. Since our flight was delayed 1/2 hour, the connection become less than 1.5 hour so we were on that flight... "perhaps".
We got home when the kids woke up, they got the presents from Fry's "DS and alike" they were asking for ages and were not suppose to get originally - "perhaps"
But now the kids feeling much better, there was no need for us to fly - "perhaps?

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
yes, anne found it. i'll drop it off for you once i'm back in austin

Sorry, Zach... meant to drop you a note, but it totally slipped my mind. I was actually logging in to shoot you a message just now. Glad we found its rightful owner!

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Sounds like I missed an outstanding gathering! I'm not sure how many ideas I could implement -- I'm already pretty busy with my consulting business and trying to launch a financial-trading biz -- but it would have been great to "soak" in the energy and maybe pick up something I could blend in with what I'm doing.

Glad y'all enjoyed it, glad y'all got bailed out in time to make your flight home, and I'll try to join you next year!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Sounds like I missed an outstanding gathering! I'm not sure how many ideas I could implement -- I'm already pretty busy with my consulting business and trying to launch a financial-trading biz -- but it would have been great to "soak" in the energy and maybe pick up something I could blend in with what I'm doing.

Glad y'all enjoyed it, glad y'all got bailed out in time to make your flight home, and I'll try to join you next year!

We're all addicted to this event, Gary. When we arrive, none of us knows what will happen (and which things will *spark* something for us), but each and every one of us, each year, walks away with gold. I think the biggest surprise this year was Sasha's presentation-- little did she know that there were advanced pricing theory folks in the room-- and what a great perspective they added! A perfect example of synergy.

We will be implementing the hand-signed personal cards, Jill-- that was just one of the many great ideas I took away from this year's get together. We put cards in all of the rooms, every day-- it's a small, small thing to for each of us to sign the left hand inside, 400 at a time, and then just print them out when needed. Easy peasy. And it really gets the message across-- that this is a PEOPLE place.

Thanks again to all. You are my continued inspiration, year after year!

-Russ H.

MikeC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
And it really gets the message across-- that this is a PEOPLE place.

On that note, I've heard that handwritten letters have 100% open rate. If you want to get someone's attention, seems like the place to start.

Fantastic event. Once again I walked away with a mindset that's 100x better than the mindset I walked into it with. Worth the cost of admission, in my humble opinion. ;)

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
We're all addicted to this event, Gary. When we arrive, none of us knows what will happen (and which things will *spark* something for us), but each and every one of us, each year, walks away with gold.

This is so true. The event itself is interesting, entertaining and informative--but soooo much happens at lunch, over drinks or by the pool. I've learned not to go to a B&P with an agenda, but with a mental attitude that is open possibility.

...Although my thinking has evolved since knowing and chatting with all the Fastlaners over the years, when Bill made the comment, "If you aren't making 1000% on your money you are doing something wrong" the concept of the Fastlane was really driven home for me--and honestly shoved my thinking into the next phase. That sentence alone was worth me going to the meetup.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Then obviously I'm doing something very wrong. I'm trying to make 100-200% on my money and I think I have a good shot at it -- but 1000% !? That's a whole 'nother animal. I have no idea how you do that. Obviously I *should* have gone this year.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Then obviously I'm doing something very wrong. I'm trying to make 100-200% on my money and I think I have a good shot at it -- but 1000% !? That's a whole 'nother animal. I have no idea how you do that. Obviously I *should* have gone this year.

Yeah, my fave post for this year was "I'm gonna come! Oh, wait, decided to go to a writer's conference instead." Made me laugh out loud! Writing is slowlane (I should know, I wrote monthly columns for 3 national and one international magazine, back when people still bought magazines). S-L-O-W-L-A-N-E.

Writing is somebody else's fastlane, in most cases, unless you write a book that sells at least 10 million copies.

(amazon.com has buzillions of books . . . wanna guess how many sell at least 10 million copies?)

Here are all of the books known that have sold 10s of millions of copies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_books

Here's why I laughed: You'd have much greater likelihood of writing a book that sells millions of copies by 1) Reading MJ's book, and 2) Going to this year's B&P, where MJ himself talked about how he'd published the book (he formed his own publishing co)-- and WHY (hint: He makes a LOT more per book, and doesn't need to sell 10 million copies to make some decent coin).

This is not a "slam" at whomever made that comment. Each year, there are doers, and there are wannabes.

The wannabes say "Oh, next year!" or "Wish I'd gone!".

And the doers just keep doing . . . and coming back, year after year.

-Russ H.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yeah, we just make it rain all over everyone....

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
"The wannabes say "Oh, next year!" or "Wish I'd gone!"."

Sounding like a jackass to people (like me) who were interested is a great way to keep it to the closed group you've got. Your call. Your event.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.