The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 Year Old, From Massachusetts

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
Hello fellow fastlaners,

My name is Matt. I'm a 20 year old from Boston, Mass. I'm living with my parents at the moment. I withdrew from university a few years ago because I wanted to have a fire burning under my a$$ knowing that Entrepreneurship is all I have and will ever believe in. That's the soft way to say it. Truth is, I couldn't relate to anyone there and I felt like if I finish the 4 years my brain would be indoctrinated. I will not be capable to free thinking.

I still believe in my choice and entrepreneurship. It's the only thing that's keeping me up at night even though I'm not making much money from it in the meantime.

I "actively", more like half-a$$, pursue financial freedom for around 2 years now. I would pick a venture up and drop them half way, especially when I make a few hundred bucks and see some difficulties. If I stayed with one thing long enough, I know I'd have something to my name. I believe it has a lot of do with self-doubt and not knowing what I really want that I dropped these ventures. That couple with living with my parents is a recipe for self defeat. I was depressed and lost in a spiral of negativity due to the constant cycle of picking something up and dropping them in the year 2020-early 2022.

I'm still figuring things out day by day, but it was not until about 4-5 months ago that I started to envision a better life again and got to know myself.

My body has changed and so too has my mindset as a result, if ever so slightly. I'm less harsh on myself now and I demand higher standards from my day to day actions.

Currently I'm building up a personal brand with my previous skills in editing & research. It's not something I expect to be reward anytime soon, so I will hustle to build up some cash on the side. On my walls, I am reminded that I will personally kick myself out of my parents house by the end of 2023. Whatever it takes, I will become self-sufficient.

I hope to post on here, connect, and learn from you all. Thanks for reading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
Glad you're here man.

I've certainly been where you are a lot of what you said resonated and tbh some of still does.

Keep immersing yourself in this world and creating value for others and putting one step in front of the other !

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I withdrew from university a few years ago because I wanted to have a fire burning under my a$$ knowing that Entrepreneurship is all I have and will ever believe in. That's the soft way to say it. Truth is, I couldn't relate to anyone there and I felt like if I finish the 4 years my brain would be indoctrinated. I will not be capable to free thinking.
Same here. All my business owner friends are dropouts. School is a brainwashing factory for office slaves.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Same here. All my business owner friends are dropouts. School is a brainwashing factory for office slaves.
While it’s true that schooling has some negative elements that are negatively correlated to success, to suggest that it’s just a brainwashing factory for office slaves makes little sense.

Most billionaires are university graduates - only 12% dropped out, and more than 70% of them have attended some form of higher education including PhDs, Masters and so on. The most important aspect of college is access to rich people, and the network that you can build - full of smart and intelligent people, who have proven through a survival of the fittest challenge which is 10-15 years of schooling that they do have intellectual capabilities, if nothing else.

If you’ve never gone to college, your friends are the bum who runs an auto detailing store or some pizza chain in the corner of the street at best. But you will not be connected to the daughter of a Bush, or the son of a Biden and so on. Many of the University professors themselves can be well connected to investors and industry, and sources of funding, which are essential for any entrepreneur.

And on top of all this, is all the data which shows clearly that the more educated you are, the more money you’re likely to make. Not an iron-clad law, but a definite tendency.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Welcome to the forum, @Matt Lee.

I'm just over the boarder in Southern New Hampshire. Are you in northern or southern mass, or are you actually living in Boston?

College has some good qualities, mainly that you learn to stick with it through all the bullshit. But also at the expense of spending a bunch of money. You also get used to talking with professors, if speaking with professors is something that is nessasary for you to succeed in business.

Recently, I was able to talk with a professor that is involved in the field of work my business is in. Universities have a lot of money and theirfore can be a valueable asset both as they have a wealth of theoretical and practical knowledge as well as they can be customers. Generally professors don't care who you are, so long as you are willing to learn.

The reason you should or shouldn't not go to school has nothing to do with being indoctranated. I went to school for 6 years. I could spot indoctrination from a mile away. Just don't buy into it. Decide on college depending on whether you NEED the education to do what you want to do.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
While it’s true that schooling has some negative elements that are negatively correlated to success, to suggest that it’s just a brainwashing factory for office slaves makes little sense.

Most billionaires are university graduates - only 12% dropped out, and more than 70% of them have attended some form of higher education including PhDs, Masters and so on. The most important aspect of college is access to rich people, and the network that you can build - full of smart and intelligent people, who have proven through a survival of the fittest challenge which is 10-15 years of schooling that they do have intellectual capabilities, if nothing else.

If you’ve never gone to college, your friends are the bum who runs an auto detailing store or some pizza chain in the corner of the street at best. But you will not be connected to the daughter of a Bush, or the son of a Biden and so on. Many of the University professors themselves can be well connected to investors and industry, and sources of funding, which are essential for any entrepreneur.

And on top of all this, is all the data which shows clearly that the more educated you are, the more money you’re likely to make. Not an iron-clad law, but a definite tendency.
They’re all from college from the 60’s not 2020

They go to Wharton and rub shoulder with the son of a Fortune 500 company executive, not UW Tacoma and get in 80k in debt to learn about all of the genders

Averages are for pussies who need moral support

I’m a dropout from a community college. So is my best friend. So is my second best friend.

We are going to pull on over a mil next year (revenue, will be 400k profit) and my buddy makes a few hundred grand in his 20’s.

Every single collage student or graduate I know that I grew up with is an absolute vagina

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to get back to work

FEF41612-6D53-4C6E-BF07-890BF47E9894.jpeg

Last edited:

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
Hello fellow fastlaners,

My name is Matt. I'm a 20 year old from Boston, Mass. I'm living with my parents at the moment. I withdrew from university a few years ago because I wanted to have a fire burning under my a$$ knowing that Entrepreneurship is all I have and will ever believe in. That's the soft way to say it. Truth is, I couldn't relate to anyone there and I felt like if I finish the 4 years my brain would be indoctrinated. I will not be capable to free thinking.

I still believe in my choice and entrepreneurship. It's the only thing that's keeping me up at night even though I'm not making much money from it in the meantime.

I "actively", more like half-a$$, pursue financial freedom for around 2 years now. I would pick a venture up and drop them half way, especially when I make a few hundred bucks and see some difficulties. If I stayed with one thing long enough, I know I'd have something to my name. I believe it has a lot of do with self-doubt and not knowing what I really want that I dropped these ventures. That couple with living with my parents is a recipe for self defeat. I was depressed and lost in a spiral of negativity due to the constant cycle of picking something up and dropping them in the year 2020-early 2022.

I'm still figuring things out day by day, but it was not until about 4-5 months ago that I started to envision a better life again and got to know myself.

My body has changed and so too has my mindset as a result, if ever so slightly. I'm less harsh on myself now and I demand higher standards from my day to day actions.

Currently I'm building up a personal brand with my previous skills in editing & research. It's not something I expect to be reward anytime soon, so I will hustle to build up some cash on the side. On my walls, I am reminded that I will personally kick myself out of my parents house by the end of 2023. Whatever it takes, I will become self-sufficient.

I hope to post on here, connect, and learn from you all. Thanks for reading.

I made mistakes in the past too.

I felt overwhelmed by difficulty, incapable of managing stress.

Let me tell You something tho.

Entrepreneurs are problem solvers.

You have to realize that is your duty as an entrepreneur to solving problems.

The act of launching a product in itself is problem solving.

The fact that You made A SINGLE DOLLAR, means that You can pontentially make thousands, millions.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

-Henry ford-

Gotta work on Your belief system, my brother.

I'll coach You for free , if You want, just text me on on whatsapp at: + 39 3296152039.

In this way we can share insight, making eachother accountable.

Let me know what You think.

Davide

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.