What's new

20 year old at the crossroad of life...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Tomco

Regular Contributor
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jan 9, 2023
Messages
70
Rep Bank
$580
User Power: 166%
Hi All! Joined the forums a couple of days ago and I am blown away by the level of information posted on here; so I decided to post a short introduction about myself, and maybe you guys could give me some advice on how I can proceed.

My story
So, basically, my name's Thomas and I'm 20 years old. I have studied the culinary arts (Chef) in my home country for around 4 years and ,as part of our studies, we had to undertake a 1 year international placement, and back in June of 2021 I started working in Sweden. After my year had ended, I was offered to continue working as a full time employee, which I decided to take up, alongside with studying part time (I found an online university which offered a Business Management Degree, however it takes around 6 years to complete, studying part time). My goal at that time was to continue working to gain experience, as well as keep on studying to earn credentials to progress further in my career (I guess you could compare this to Slowlane thinking).
I don't want to come off as some know it all or a highly egoistical person, but after reading the first book (haven't yet finished it, will complete it some time this week) and even before that, I wanted to be a rich person, I didn't want to work a regular job all my life. That's why I studied the culinary arts (because no one in my family was in that business) and that's why I decided to study management, as I knew that a manager receives a relatively decent salary (and for me that was the career ladder that made most sense, at that time).
My Goals
Again, I don't want to come off as a selfish or over ambitious person, but I have set upon myself a goal of reaching 10k income per month in the next 2 years (2025). I have set weekly goals of reading business books and researching business ideas, but as of yet, I haven't taken any action, which I know is not ideal. Anyone could tell me how to go further from this point on?
My Dilemma
Another thing which I would like your guys's opinion on, lately I've been entertaining the idea of going back home in my country and staying at my parent's house instead of working and living alone in Sweden (They suggested this as well). My motives behind this are because my pleasure out of my job has dropped significantly these past few months, as well as rent and other expenses are going up (all over the world really). So what would you do? And if you went back home, would you still continue studying and working? Or should I take a break from these to start up my own business? Or would I be shooting myself in the foot here?
Thank you for taking the time to read through my post and thank you @MJ DeMarco for the invaluable advice in your books, can't wait to read them!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Epzupi duamf vimm ni jux vu hu gasvjis gsun vjot quopv up?
O'n puv vji qistup xju tjuamf ci howoph vjot efwodi topdi O en emtu op vji ofieqsipias qjeti epf puv veloph edvoup, cav tuniupi up vji gusan sidipvmz teof:

"Ipvsiqsipiastjoq ot ecuav qsucmin-tumwoph, dsievoph dupwipoipdi, tevotgzoph fitosit, epf cidunoph wemaecmi."

Vjisi esi e muv ug xezt vu fu vjot. Veli zuas mogi iyqisoipdit, zuas tlommt, zuas qsudmowovoit, vji heqt vjev zua jewi puvodif ev vji qmedit xjisi zua jewi xuslif, vji vjopht zua tii xsuph vji xusmf, veli emm vjev epf dsievi tunivjoph uav ug ov.
 
Vjisi esi e muv ug xezt vu fu vjot. Veli zuas mogi iyqisoipdit, zuas tlommt, zuas qsudmowovoit, vji heqt vjev zua jewi puvodif ev vji qmedit xjisi zua jewi xuslif, vji vjopht zua tii xsuph vji xusmf, veli emm vjev epf dsievi tunivjoph uav ug ov.
Qsivvz huuf efwodi sohjv vjisi, O eqqmoif ov vu nz iyqisoipdit epf O jewi edvaemmz duni aq xovj tuni tjusvdunopht. O emtu piif vu muul opvu xjivjis us puv ov't xusvj qastaoph, topdi O jewi e medl ug tlommt op disveop esiet. Vjeplt gus vji voq!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom