The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 year old at the crossroad of life...

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
Hi All! Joined the forums a couple of days ago and I am blown away by the level of information posted on here; so I decided to post a short introduction about myself, and maybe you guys could give me some advice on how I can proceed.

My story
So, basically, my name's Thomas and I'm 20 years old. I have studied the culinary arts (Chef) in my home country for around 4 years and ,as part of our studies, we had to undertake a 1 year international placement, and back in June of 2021 I started working in Sweden. After my year had ended, I was offered to continue working as a full time employee, which I decided to take up, alongside with studying part time (I found an online university which offered a Business Management Degree, however it takes around 6 years to complete, studying part time). My goal at that time was to continue working to gain experience, as well as keep on studying to earn credentials to progress further in my career (I guess you could compare this to Slowlane thinking).
I don't want to come off as some know it all or a highly egoistical person, but after reading the first book (haven't yet finished it, will complete it some time this week) and even before that, I wanted to be a rich person, I didn't want to work a regular job all my life. That's why I studied the culinary arts (because no one in my family was in that business) and that's why I decided to study management, as I knew that a manager receives a relatively decent salary (and for me that was the career ladder that made most sense, at that time).
My Goals
Again, I don't want to come off as a selfish or over ambitious person, but I have set upon myself a goal of reaching 10k income per month in the next 2 years (2025). I have set weekly goals of reading business books and researching business ideas, but as of yet, I haven't taken any action, which I know is not ideal. Anyone could tell me how to go further from this point on?
My Dilemma
Another thing which I would like your guys's opinion on, lately I've been entertaining the idea of going back home in my country and staying at my parent's house instead of working and living alone in Sweden (They suggested this as well). My motives behind this are because my pleasure out of my job has dropped significantly these past few months, as well as rent and other expenses are going up (all over the world really). So what would you do? And if you went back home, would you still continue studying and working? Or should I take a break from these to start up my own business? Or would I be shooting myself in the foot here?
Thank you for taking the time to read through my post and thank you @MJ DeMarco for the invaluable advice in your books, can't wait to read them!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FirstLawMotion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 2, 2020
Canada
Anyone could tell me how to go further from this point on?
I'm not the person who should be giving this advice since I am also in the ideapreneur phase and not taking action, but someone on the forum recently said:

"Entrepreneurship is about problem-solving, creating convenience, satisfying desires, and becoming valuable."

There are a lot of ways to do this. Take your life experiences, your skills, your proclivities, the gaps that you have noticed at the places where you have worked, the things you see wrong the world, take all that and create something out of it.

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
There are a lot of ways to do this. Take your life experiences, your skills, your proclivities, the gaps that you have noticed at the places where you have worked, the things you see wrong the world, take all that and create something out of it.
Pretty good advice right there, I applied it to my experiences and I have actually come up with some shortcomings. I also need to look into whether or not it's worth pursuing, since I have a lack of skills in certain areas. Thanks for the tip!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...