The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 hours of cold calls a day

gabriella

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 18, 2020
Have you ever try to use your intuition to select the people you will call from the list? Vishen from MindValley have a story about how this added piece in his cold calls strategy has helped him achieve massive results. As a person who knows from experience the power of the intuition I know this can make a huge difference: look at the names in the list and decide based on the guidance of your intuition whom precisely to call from that list at a given moment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted68316

Have you ever try to use your intuition to select the people you will call from the list? Vishen from MindValley have a story about how this added piece in his cold calls strategy has helped him achieve massive results. As a person who knows from experience the power of the intuition I know this can make a huge difference: look at the names in the list and decide based on the guidance of your intuition whom precisely to call from that list at a given moment.
thank you @gabriella

Yes, I thought about it. I think I am not ready for that, yet. It can always be an excuse to don't call.

I will think about it with intention next week. Let's see how it goes.

isaacdramera

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 9, 2020
New Jersey
I know,

is not that much.

But I have decided to commit to 2 hours of cold call 5 days a week.

I hate it. I can't wait for the weekend. But at the same time, I feel different.

I am more spontaneous in talking to people, I feel like I am doing something meaningful for myself.

I feel empowered.

I will use this thread to just post like once a week saying that I actually did what I said.

I am selling an SEO software for a company from Italy, where I come from.

I don't know what will happen, if the market likes it, if I will be enough.

But I don't care, I sit down, set the timer, and start calling.

Then, during the weekend, I implement my contact list, for two hours a day (I forgot to do so on Sunday).

I have already had a meeting and another 2/3 set for this week.

It's scary. But I feel I am stretching myself like never before.

Thanks to @MTF that made me realize it thanks to his posts.
hello, we are all here for the same reason, take our life and future in control and to network with people.
I am suggesting here to create a channel, a mastermind on telegram for example so we can per week give update about our actions and businesses
if you agree we can create it and share the link with people.

D

Deleted68316

hello, we are all here for the same reason, take our life and future in control and to network with people.
I am suggesting here to create a channel, a mastermind on telegram for example so we can per week give update about our actions and businesses
if you agree we can create it and share the link with people.
thank you @isaacdramera

I am already doing here in the forum all the things you mentioned above.

Have a great day :)

D

Deleted68316

Launched a campaign with SlyBroadcast as recommended by Johnny Boy.

Used only 100 contacts from those that I hade to recall and did not left any message.

The message I used comes from Stephen Schiffmann, author recommended by @Carol Jones in her thread.

He claims that this message I am going to tell you has about 65% callback ratio.

The voicemail I left is the following:

This is Claude SURNAME from COMPANY NAME.
My phone number is NUMBER.
It's regarding A COMPANY NAME THAT THEY KNOW WELL.

That's it.

poseidn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 1, 2016
Cold-calling is excellent in builting grit and resilience. If you can cold-call, i truly believe you can build a business.

How is it going for you so far?

1yr of cold-calling in a tough industry in a tough office and you'll be able to brush off biz failures when you start a real biz like water off a ducks back.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Cold-calling is excellent in builting grit and resilience. If you can cold-call, i truly believe you can build a business.

1yr of cold-calling in a tough industry in a tough office and you'll be able to brush off biz failures when you start a real biz like water off a ducks back.
In that year you'll get tough, learn to be proactive, and be able to talk to anyone at any time about anything. It's skills that will serve you for the rest of your life.

D

Deleted68316

Thank you @poseidn

It is improving every day more I would say. The information from Stephen Schiffmann book is helping me.
For instance, there were days where I cold called 2 hours without getting any meeting. Now, things are changed. I learned that if I want a meeting, I have to ask for a meeting. That is the goal of the call. Before I made the mistake of talking to people sometimes for 15 minutes without, in the end, scheduling any appointment.

What I am doing is not in a tough enironment, and people are more prone to listen to me than in other industries. What I am experiencing are a lot of flakes to the meetings. About half of the meetings I set, don't happen because people don't come.

Today I got 2 appointments in less than 1 hour. And for the first time, I have been able to turn a no into a yes.

If you want to share some of your experiences, it would be appreciated. :)

Thank you for your support

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Thank you @poseidn

It is improving every day more I would say. The information from Stephen Schiffmann book is helping me.
For instance, there were days where I cold called 2 hours without getting any meeting. Now, things are changed. I learned that if I want a meeting, I have to ask for a meeting. That is the goal of the call. Before I made the mistake of talking to people sometimes for 15 minutes without, in the end, scheduling any appointment.

What I am doing is not in a tough enironment, and people are more prone to listen to me than in other industries. What I am experiencing are a lot of flakes to the meetings. About half of the meetings I set, don't happen because people don't come.

Today I got 2 appointments in less than 1 hour. And for the first time, I have been able to turn a no into a yes.

If you want to share some of your experiences, it would be appreciated. :)

Thank you for your support
Only half don't come? You're doing great!

D

Deleted68316

I am doing it and it works!!

I only call people based on their websites.

Thank you

D

Deleted68316

I am not cold calling 2 hours a day anymore. What I am doing, though, is getting 1 appointment a day.

Sometimes it takes 1 hour or less, other times the first call can be already an appointment.

This works for me because in the past, with the wrong strategy, I called for 2 hours sometimes without even getting 1 appointment.

The snowball seems that is starting. People are interested. They call me back. They set additional meetings.

Follow up works like magic. It's enough to pick up the phone and call back 1 time a person that looked interested, and they sign for the free trial.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
I am not cold calling 2 hours a day anymore. What I am doing, though, is getting 1 appointment a day.

Sometimes it takes 1 hour or less, other times the first call can be already an appointment.

This works for me because in the past, with the wrong strategy, I called for 2 hours sometimes without even getting 1 appointment.

The snowball seems that is starting. People are interested. They call me back. They set additional meetings.

Follow up works like magic. It's enough to pick up the phone and call back 1 time a person that looked interested, and they sign for the free trial.

Great progress! Cold calling is highly underrated in business.

Be careful with the free trials. Make sure you have a process to walk people through the trial to make sure they actually login to use it, and to answer questions. Otherwise they will easily get lost in followup abyss or even forget about the trial, never logging in once.

I sign up for trials all the time, and usually forget about it.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

Follow up, follow up, and then follow up some more! Remember to ask for referrals from everyone. Ask who they know would be interested in your product. Ask how the free trial is going for them. Ask what the "sticking points" are with your product or the instructions for your product. Did they get stuck or felt unsure at any point? What can you do to make it better? Get interested and invested in your customers.

D

Deleted68316

Follow up, follow up, and then follow up some more! Remember to ask for referrals from everyone. Ask who they know would be interested in your product. Ask how the free trial is going for them. Ask what the "sticking points" are with your product or the instructions for your product. Did they get stuck or felt unsure at any point? What can you do to make it better? Get interested and invested in your customers.
I tell you the truth: for whatever reason, I am scared of following up.

From next week, I am going to follow up with all the people that gave their email but that didn't answer my messages (when I started and just asked for an email as a goal instead of setting appointments).

Actually, I start with those with whom I had appointments.

I am not going to expand my list for the next weeks, so.

Side note: I have applied as a door to door salesman for a company that sells solar panels. Actually, the company sells other companies' services.

I have done the first interview. Let's see how the second goes. The beauty of it is that I get training and I can learn from more experienced people. At the same time, I will still be able to do my cold calls and appointments, since I can manage the time as I prefer.

D

Deleted68316

Great progress! Cold calling is highly underrated in business.

Be careful with the free trials. Make sure you have a process to walk people through the trial to make sure they actually login to use it, and to answer questions. Otherwise they will easily get lost in followup abyss or even forget about the trial, never logging in once.

I sign up for trials all the time, and usually forget about it.
Yes, my goal after I get an appointment is to have another quick meeting in order to walk people through the process. Showing them how everything works live.

Plus, I offer to help them create the first articles for their free trial or whatever they sign up for.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I tell you the truth: for whatever reason, I am scared of following up.

From next week, I am going to follow up with all the people that gave their email but that didn't answer my messages (when I started and just asked for an email as a goal instead of setting appointments).

Actually, I start with those with whom I had appointments.

I am not going to expand my list for the next weeks, so.

Side note: I have applied as a door to door salesman for a company that sells solar panels. Actually, the company sells other companies' services.

I have done the first interview. Let's see how the second goes. The beauty of it is that I get training and I can learn from more experienced people. At the same time, I will still be able to do my cold calls and appointments, since I can manage the time as I prefer.
I read a study many years ago that said you must make 8 contacts in order for the prospect to know who you are. Those 8 contacts can be a combination of means -- phone calls, visits, cards, texts, etc.

Beerbread

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 2, 2019
New Jersey
I read a study many years ago that said you must make 8 contacts in order for the prospect to know who you are. Those 8 contacts can be a combination of means -- phone calls, visits, cards, texts, etc.

I also heard that 12 is the sweet spot too. My sister works in something similar and had some clients who are very elusive, but turned out to be her biggest ones.

But yes, moral of the story is to follow up until you hear, "no."

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I also heard that 12 is the sweet spot too. My sister works in something similar and had some clients who are very elusive, but turned out to be her biggest ones.

But yes, moral of the story is to follow up until you hear, "no."
Follow up especially when you hear no. That's the jumping-off point where you gain a client and get your sale done. There are books that advocate that you actually ask for the no upfront as a starting point to make the sale. I could go through the process, but you too can read the books that detail how to use that no to your advantage.

D

Deleted68316

I am starting selling solar panels.

Meanwhile, I keep doing what I was already doing:

- 1 appointment a day plus demo for the software
- Cleanings plus movings

The exciting thing about this new job is that I am dealing with people that are experts in what they do. I can learn directly from them.

I have always thought that door-to-door sales were the worst job available.

Now I don't care. I am just happy to learn.

Thank you

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I am starting selling solar panels.

Meanwhile, I keep doing what I was already doing:

- 1 appointment a day plus demo for the software
- Cleanings plus movings

The exciting thing about this new job is that I am dealing with people that are experts in what they do. I can learn directly from them.

I have always thought that door-to-door sales were the worst job available.

Now I don't care. I am just happy to learn.

Thank you
Good for you. Going door to door teaches you to deal with people. It teaches you to sell. It teaches you to ask for what you want. It makes you comfortable in your own skin...

D

Deleted68316

Just an update:

I have put aside cold calling because I am fully immersed in the door to door.

I am not happy about it. I want to get back to it as soon as possible.

Regarding door-to-door, I have sold a system the first day and then desert.

Better said, I have generated the lead. Then the system has been sold by someone else.

My results were the worst within the team. Improving now.

Hopefully, hard work can compensate for the lack of talent.

D

Deleted68316

UPDATE:

I stopped cold calling and transitioned into door-to-door sales.

Results with cold calling: 1000 calls - 33 appointments - 2 free trials - 0 sales.

Results with door to door: $2000 in 4 months.

The truth is that I am working an average of 2 hours a day doing door-to-door. It's nothing. It seems a lot, though.

Increased the hours this week. Yesterday did 4 hours. You go in a kind of trance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.