What's new

17 Y/O Built my first SAAS, this is my journey.

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth
A topic related to SAAS or APPs
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

therealkevin

New Contributor
Joined
Apr 11, 2017
Messages
2
Location
Singapore
Rep Bank
$35
User Power: 200%
Hi FastLaneForum,

I am Kevin, currently in college studying computing, and I just finished developing my first SAAS. I'm here to share with you guys the lessons I've learnt, and hopefully document my SAAS journey.

Problem:
A few months ago while managing my growing Instagram account, posting 3 times a day between 8-9, 12-1, 6-7pm became a chore and a pain in the a$$. I wanted to spend more time to curate the content I was delivering to my audience and increase my engagement with my audience.

Idea Process:
I spent an hour or so researching about Instagram marketing tools, and I did not find any of the ones recommended by many entrepreneurs e.g HootSuite to be able to schedule posts and automatically post them for me. Current tools only 'schedule' these posts by reminding you via a notification of when to post, and what you've scheduled to post in a clipboard.

Living in Asia and targeting the American European market, it was extremely hard to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to a notification to post my 'scheduled' post. Missing the time window would be opportunities lost, and I would not want to lose my chances in the game.

Being determined, I went out to search for existing solutions that actually catered to my needs, but I was dismayed to come back empty handed. As a developer, I knew anything is possible, so I set out to try my luck.

Since there wasn't any existing solutions that weren't either virus filled .exes or hacky blackhat ways, I figured why not try to build it myself.

From my initial research I gathered that there were users out there who were in need of such a service that was simple to use, user friendly and one that looked legitimate. These users range from Influencers, Businesses and Individuals seeking to grow their accounts like me. With an idea in mind of what I wanted to do, a potential audience and an untapped market with little competition, I begun my first SAAS journey at 17 years old.

// to be continued in a bit.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Aj. Mum... O xet vjoploph ecuav dsievoph e dnt xjisi zua dep qutv vu emm (us nutv onqusvepv) tudoem pivxusloph tovit. Zuast ot e siemmz huuf qsukidv!!! Podi.

Tipv gsun nz TENTAPH-TN-P900E atoph Veqeveml
 
Djidl uav Raaa - Jepf-Dasevif Dupvipv Tahhitvoupt gus Tudoem Nifoe - vjiz fu vji teni vjoph cav gus huuhmi/gedicuul/vxovvis. Duqzoph vjios xezt ug xusloph nohjv cipigov zua et ximm o.i. caomfoph ov up vuq ug caggis. Zua xup'v jewi vu caomf emm ug vji gapdvoupemovz zuastimg vjip.

Og zua'wi emsiefz caomv ov, qmieti mopl ni et O'f ci opvisitvif op cidunoph e datvunis! ;-)
 
Djidl uav Raaa - Jepf-Dasevif Dupvipv Tahhitvoupt gus Tudoem Nifoe - vjiz fu vji teni vjoph cav gus huuhmi/gedicuul/vxovvis. Duqzoph vjios xezt ug xusloph nohjv cipigov zua et ximm o.i. caomfoph ov up vuq ug caggis. Zua xup'v jewi vu caomf emm ug vji gapdvoupemovz zuastimg vjip.

Og zua'wi emsiefz caomv ov, qmieti mopl ni et O'f ci opvisitvif op cidunoph e datvunis! ;-)

Vji tovi ot dassipvmz gapdvoupem epf xusloph. Qmieti QN ni gus vji mopl :). Emtu, xomm ci aqfevoph nz kuaspiz vufez.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom