The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

17 Y/O Built my first SAAS, this is my journey.

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

therealkevin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 11, 2017
Singapore
Hi FastLaneForum,

I am Kevin, currently in college studying computing, and I just finished developing my first SAAS. I'm here to share with you guys the lessons I've learnt, and hopefully document my SAAS journey.

Problem:
A few months ago while managing my growing Instagram account, posting 3 times a day between 8-9, 12-1, 6-7pm became a chore and a pain in the a$$. I wanted to spend more time to curate the content I was delivering to my audience and increase my engagement with my audience.

Idea Process:
I spent an hour or so researching about Instagram marketing tools, and I did not find any of the ones recommended by many entrepreneurs e.g HootSuite to be able to schedule posts and automatically post them for me. Current tools only 'schedule' these posts by reminding you via a notification of when to post, and what you've scheduled to post in a clipboard.

Living in Asia and targeting the American European market, it was extremely hard to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to a notification to post my 'scheduled' post. Missing the time window would be opportunities lost, and I would not want to lose my chances in the game.

Being determined, I went out to search for existing solutions that actually catered to my needs, but I was dismayed to come back empty handed. As a developer, I knew anything is possible, so I set out to try my luck.

Since there wasn't any existing solutions that weren't either virus filled .exes or hacky blackhat ways, I figured why not try to build it myself.

From my initial research I gathered that there were users out there who were in need of such a service that was simple to use, user friendly and one that looked legitimate. These users range from Influencers, Businesses and Individuals seeking to grow their accounts like me. With an idea in mind of what I wanted to do, a potential audience and an untapped market with little competition, I begun my first SAAS journey at 17 years old.

// to be continued in a bit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Uh. Lol... I was thinking about creating a cms where you can post to all (or most important) social networking sites. Yours is a really good project!!! Nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Check out Quuu - Hand-Curated Content Suggestions for Social Media - they do the same thing but for google/facebook/twitter. Copying their ways of working might benefit you as well i.e. building it on top of buffer. You won't have to build all of the functionality yourself then.

If you've already built it, please link me as I'd be interested in becoming a customer! ;-)

therealkevin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 11, 2017
Singapore
Check out Quuu - Hand-Curated Content Suggestions for Social Media - they do the same thing but for google/facebook/twitter. Copying their ways of working might benefit you as well i.e. building it on top of buffer. You won't have to build all of the functionality yourself then.

If you've already built it, please link me as I'd be interested in becoming a customer! ;-)

The site is currently functional and working. Please PM me for the link :). Also, will be updating my journey today.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.