The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm 18 years old. This is my journey and future plan.

What should be my main focus to build a Fastlane business?

• Amazon FBA

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Online shop

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Affiliate Marketing

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
Hey, everyone! :)

I'm currently half-way through the book and I have to say it's amazing. I'm reading at a slow pace mostly because I have to stop and translate some words from time to time, and also because I want to apply on the spot what I learn.

I had a problem with action-faking and procrastination until I read The Fastlane Millionaire where MJ talks about treating the root of the problem, not the symptoms. Now I'm happy that I progressed more in the last few days than I did in months of "taking action".

So far I encountered some success with affiliate marketing, earning ~$800 on my best month. It's actually great since the average salary in my country is around $500. The best part is that it's passive income if 3 hours of weekly work could be called that. The bad thing is that I'm unmotivated to work on this because it's so easy to do it doesn't feel like hard earned money.

I also started an e-commerce business which was getting sales, but somehow ended up giving up on the project. The sales would come from promoting the shop on my Instagram accounts (a few 100k+ accounts), which I've built prior to this business hoping I would make a living out of them.

My future plans include:

1) building a website to scale my affiliate marketing project to the next level and make it as passive as possible.
2) building the LAST e-commerce store which is going to be successful OR focusing on starting an Amazon FBA business
3) moving to Denmark for studies

GOAL: Join the Fastlane & be financial free once and for all.

That's all, folks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Sladeik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 27, 2017
UK, London
Sounds really good. I'm also 18, haven't started a business yet, but plan on doing so once I move to University as it's a hotspot. Best of luck when it comes to your fast lane, but I have a few things that you could take into consideration.

1) If you're going to build a website, I would strongly recommend Fiverr being the place that you go. This is because it has some fantastic deals and you can get some great products created on there. Websites, logos, marketing, so on. It'll cost you about £80, or $100. Small price to pay for a website. Baring in mind this doesn't account for the hosting, which could put you back another $20 - which is a small price to pay if it's increasing your sales revenue & profit.

2) Amazon FBA Private Labelling is a great choice. ZonLife Success - this bloke here sells a course for $350. It will walk you through all of the steps you need to start your own Amazon FBA private labelling. There are a few things you need to take into consideration with FBA, though. If you've already got an e-commerce site, you're probably already aware that buying products from Alibaba could take you up to 2-3 months to get the product. Other options are available, such as air transport, but that will cost quite a lot. Overall, if you're looking to start a business, I'd go with Amazon FBA, but the costs will be in the range of $2000 - $3000.

- Website & hosting. $150
- Product (majority have a 500 moq - minimum order quantity), so if you're buying diaries to resell, it'll probably cost you about 1000 - 1500 dollars. Let's say 1250.
- Logos/label design - $35. Would be good to get 2/3 logos and designs from 3 different people to see which is the best. Doing this, you'll be able to see which person to go back to for more designs in the future. $35 avg.
- Shipping costs. Depends on your method, but if it's from a ship, then the cost could be between $200 - $300.

Total so far: $1,750.

Then you might have extra costs such as label printing as some will outsource label printing and so on.

Amazon FBA Private Labelling would definitely be the way to go in my opinion. I was looking into doing it, but have found an alternative that I'm more interested in.

3) If you haven't read any books on finances, would definitely recommend them. The Richest Man in Babylon, or Money: Master the game. The biggest issue with a lot of people is that they poorly manage their money. Look at Mike Tyson for example. Earned $300m+, yet went bankrupt because he didn't know how to manage his finances properly.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you haven't read any books on finances, would definitely recommend them. The Richest Man in Babylon, or Money: Master the game.

These books are typical Slowlane crap focused on defensive mediocrity. Let me spare someone the pain of reading them: Earn and then save more than you spend.

Yet, none of these books tell you how to create massive wealth while you're still young enough to enjoy it. Nope, just buy into the bullshit because I'm Tony Robbins with the infectious smile. Mind you, none of this crap I'm selling is how I got rich, and I certainly didn't need to wait 50 years for it to happen. Typically duplicity from another guru teaching one thing, while getting rich doing another.

Hell, I don't even need to report the SCAM -- I'll let his book do it for us.

CI8D7FfVAAAiIll.jpg

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
Sounds really good. I'm also 18, haven't started a business yet, but plan on doing so once I move to University as it's a hotspot. Best of luck when it comes to your fast lane, but I have a few things that you could take into consideration.

1) If you're going to build a website, I would strongly recommend Fiverr being the place that you go. This is because it has some fantastic deals and you can get some great products created on there. Websites, logos, marketing, so on. It'll cost you about £80, or $100. Small price to pay for a website. Baring in mind this doesn't account for the hosting, which could put you back another $20 - which is a small price to pay if it's increasing your sales revenue & profit.

2) Amazon FBA Private Labelling is a great choice. ZonLife Success - this bloke here sells a course for $350. It will walk you through all of the steps you need to start your own Amazon FBA private labelling. There are a few things you need to take into consideration with FBA, though. If you've already got an e-commerce site, you're probably already aware that buying products from Alibaba could take you up to 2-3 months to get the product. Other options are available, such as air transport, but that will cost quite a lot. Overall, if you're looking to start a business, I'd go with Amazon FBA, but the costs will be in the range of $2000 - $3000.

- Product (majority have a 500 moq - minimum order quantity), so if you're buying diaries to resell, it'll probably cost you about 1000 - 1500 dollars. Let's say 1250.
- Logos/label design - $35. Would be good to get 2/3 logos and designs from 3 different people to see which is the best. Doing this, you'll be able to see which person to go back to for more designs in the future. $35 avg.
- Shipping costs. Depends on your method, but if it's from a ship, then the cost could be between $200 - $300.

Then you might have extra costs such as label printing as some will outsource label printing and so on.

Amazon FBA Private Labelling would definitely be the way to go in my opinion. I was looking into doing it, but have found an alternative that I'm more interested in.

3) If you haven't read any books on finances, would definitely recommend them. The Richest Man in Babylon, or Money: Master the game. The biggest issue with a lot of people is that they poorly manage their money. Look at Mike Tyson for example. Earned $300m+, yet went bankrupt because he didn't know how to manage his finances properly.
I have no idea yet how complex my site will be, but I'm willing to pay the price for a really nice one. I believe good branding is crucial in order to be successful and I don't want to overlook that just so I get into the marketplace faster.

I've already got some courses on Udemy about Amazon FBA and they look pretty solid. Even though I haven't started this business yet, I've been researching for a while so I already got some knowledge. Can't wait to put it into practice, really!

Last edited:

Sladeik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 27, 2017
UK, London
These books are typical Slowlane crap focused on defensive mediocrity. Let me spare someone the pain of reading them: Earn and then save more than you spend.

Yet, none of these books tell you how to create massive wealth while you're still young enough to enjoy it. Nope, just buy into the bullshit because I'm Tony Robbins with the infectious smile. Mind you, none of this crap I'm selling is how I got rich, and I certainly didn't need to wait 50 years for it to happen. Typically duplicity from another guru teaching one thing, while getting rich doing another.

Hell, I don't even need to report the SCAM -- I'll let his book do it for us.

View attachment 15478

I definitely agree that none of these will help you or tell you how to create massive wealth, you're 100% right. I was suggesting them to the OP as financial literacy is important. Many people fritter and lose their money. You're definitely correct, though. Reading these books won't help you much unless you're really clueless with financial knowledge - which a very broad amount of people are.

I have no idea yet how complex my site will be, but I'm willing to pay the price for a really nice one. I believe good branding is crucial in order to be successful and I don't want to overlook that just so I get into the marketplace faster.

I've already got some courses on Udemy about Amazon FBA and they look pretty solid. Even though I haven't started this business yet, I've been researching for a while so I already got some knowledge. Can't wait to put it into practice, really!

If you're going with Amazon FBA, I'd include the products you're selling on your website, along with social media links on the website, and contact methods. As you've said, you've already got social media on your side. So, it would definitely be a great way to get your products out there.

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
I definitely agree that none of these will help you or tell you how to create massive wealth, you're 100% right. I was suggesting them to the OP as financial literacy is important. Many people fritter and lose their money. You're definitely correct, though. Reading these books won't help you much unless you're really clueless with financial knowledge - which a very broad amount of people are.

I will also vouch for the stepping stones of knowledge this path represents. I was one of those people who wasted all I earned on useless things and therefore was really clueless about basic financial knowledge. I started with basic books like this, and now that I have implemented those strategies I'm able to save several thousand dollars a month from my regular job income that I can use to fund more fastlane initiatives.

I do not see these strategies as inapplicable to fastlane businesses either since positive cash flow and wise deployment of capital is critical to almost any business success.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

It seems that you are too impressed by the fancy cars that Chris Jones of Zonlife Success poses in front of. The BMWi8 that he poses with in showrooms is rather different to the Audi he drives. He must have driven the Audi showroom staff crazy, spending so much time there to get photos to impress those suffering from shiny object syndrome.

Walter

Sladeik

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 27, 2017
UK, London
It seems that you are too impressed by the fancy cars that Chris Jones of Zonlife Success poses in front of. The BMWi8 that he poses with in showrooms is rather different to the Audi he drives. He must have driven the Audi showroom staff crazy, spending so much time there to get photos to impress those suffering from shiny object syndrome.

Walter

I was more impressed by the amount of revenue he was able to overturn in 2 years. Not a fan of BMW's, or many cars, so.

Jack.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Agreed -- if someone can't manage $2K/mo, they won't be able to manage $20K/mo.

the amount of revenue

Beware of revenue figures -- I can sell C-notes for fifty bucks and claim I had revenues of $10 million! I find most people who claim revenue #'s are hiding a poor bottomline that just isn't impressive.

My company did $2,000,000 last year
sounds much better I profited $20K last year!

Both statements could be true.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Sellers of such courses invariably quote turnover figures, not profit. In this age of Photoshop, none of the images showing revenue can be relied on anyway, so people are totally dependent on the honesty and ethics of the person making the claims.

Walter

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Don't spend 350 on a course.

Biophapse, e-comm man and Walter hay have provided more than enough for you to start your journey.

Check out their threads

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
Don't spend 350 on a course.

Biophapse, e-comm man and Walter hay have provided more than enough for you to start your journey.

Check out their threads

I'm not going to because there are better alternatives which are a lot cheaper and provide great value.

Will read their threads, thanks for the tip.

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
Updates:

0. Life

Progress:
Moved to Denmark and found a place to live after A TON of searching. This place makes your life so hard if you're trying to find rent when all the students come in.

To Do:
Learn Spanish daily.
Widen my English vocabulary so I can use more of a professional language when dealing with potential clients.

1. Shopify

Progress:
Hit $1k sales in 3 weeks. Got a ton of sales through Instagram viral videos. I'm planning on doing Facebook ads, but first I will spend a few days on making the FB page look legit and then run ads.
Setup a funnel for abandoned carts.
Optimized the site for mobile conversions since most of the traffic comes from Instagram.

To Do:
FB ads because I found the perfect target audience (at least that's what I think so).
Read about retargeting and set up those kinds of ads as well.
Use Buffer to semi-automate posting to social media.
Read more about SEO and see how I can optimize the website further. I'm doing this because I got a few random $100+ sales from different search engines with very minimal SEO done.
Email marketing - the product that I'm selling is usually bought one a month so sending an email to those in my list should generate more sales.
Find long-term suppliers so I can negotiate better prices.
Buy some of my products and make a ton of great videos. The endpoint is to make those videos viral and build a stronger social media presence.

2. Affiliate Marketing

Progress:
Didn't spend any time on this, yet it is still bringing ~$600 passive income monthly which is great for now.

To Do:
Work one hour a day on this. This should double the income.

3. YouTube

I'm going to start a YouTube channel and build an audience there. My strategy is providing a TON of value through my videos.

I bought a Blue Yeti and Canon 700D + 18-135mm f 3.5 lens (not the best choice, I know now) so I'm ready to shoot. However, it will be a bit of a challenge since I never recorded myself. But hey, we grow when we face challenges.

4. Social Media Marketing Agency

When I was 16 I was making more money than my parents by doing SMM. Then I quit. Now I want to take it further and create a nice looking website then pitch clients daily until I build a steady income of $5k working <3 hours a day by creating systems and automating what can be automated.

I would say it will take max. 7 days (from the moment I start working on this) to have the website done and everything running.

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
Haha, the students only takes up the place in Copenhagen. Outside CPH it's easy.

Welcome to the forum and our cold country. Where do you come from?

Thank you! :party: I come from Romania. Indeed, it is colder here and sometimes it rains for days, but I prefer this kind of weather in favor of Romania's crazy hot weather.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...