• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! 15 Days to Freedom - Make Money Copywriting in 15 Days or Less

Discussion in 'Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping' started by Lex DeVille, Apr 2, 2015.

1. holmzee

holmzee Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,418
    I came up with this laying in bed one day and picked up my phone to write it down.

I had this in mind for a TV commercial or radio ad, but it might work as web copy as well.

It's not perfect, but feedback?

ScalpTech Anti-Dandruff Solutions

---

Life can be rough - dandruff that is.

But now's the time to get rid of those pesky white flakes for good.

We've partnered up with top scalp researchers to develop a one-of-a-kind formula that eliminates dandruff at its root cause, removing the need for tireless maintenance treatments.

Imagine a life without that constant obsession over the state of your hair. No more double takes in the mirror. No more picking through your hair like cheap cafeteria food.

Best of all, our solution won't dry your hair out like other leading brands.

So do yourself a favor and choose freedom.

The freedom to run your hands through your hair without dealing with the white shoulder woes.

The freedom to feel comfortable in your own skin again.

Say goodbye to the era of the human snow globe...

...and say hello to ScalpTech.

The simple, effective solution to dandruff that will leave you flake free forever or your money back.

Lex DeVille likes this.
  2. Remiremi

Remiremi Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $202
    For the first day's challenge, I shared a FB post of one my friend looking for an acoustic expert.

Also, someone was asking for recommandation to help quit smoking and I recommended her a book I know have allowed several of my friend to quit this habit. (to make my message stand out I used some techniques I've read in CASHVERTISING, because I believe this book can help her)

Lex DeVille likes this.
  3. Remiremi

Remiremi Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $202
    Day 2's challenge :

Experience the Bubbling Start Up Life and Grow Your Network For Free at NUMA Café, Free Coworking Space
    (the product : a free coworking space in a big city)
    -> who am I? A starting entrepreneur with no cash-flow yet
    -‎> what do I want? Work everyday to reach my goal
    -‎> why do I want it? I want to succeed

This Book Will Help You Quit Smoking Forever, for Less Than the Price of Your Next Pack of Cig
    (the product: a book about how to quit smoking)
    -> who am I? A smoker who realized that smoking is an expensive habit
    -‎> what do I want? Quit smoking
    -‎> why do I want it? Because I want to live and save my money

The Nineties are Back! Tamagochis Are Great Again, Order Yours Now and Don't Miss The Hype.
    (the product : a tamagochi)
    -> who am I? A millennial
    -‎> what do I want? A sweet remember of my youth and feel like I am 10yo again
    -‎> why do I want it? It's freakin cool

Show Your Friends That YOU Are The Ti-Punch Queen With This Stylish T-shirt
    (the product : a well fitted t-shirt with a play of word on the cocktail called a ti punch)
    -> who am I? A girl who enjoys life and like drinking tipunch
    -‎> what do I want? Having fun with my friends
    -‎> why do I want it? It's a nice conversation starter

Tired of The Routine? Wear This Beautiful Traveler's Necklace And Make Your Life an Adventure Again
    (the product : a necklace in form of the earth)
    -> who am I? Somebody who traveled around the world, Backpacking and now is working a 9-5 job
    -‎> what do I want? Remember that I once lived an awesome life, that I was an adventurer
    -‎> why do I want it? Feel alive again

Lex DeVille and GoodluckChuck like this.
  4. Remiremi

Rep Bank:
    $202
    Day3

Get Your Body Beach-Ready in Three Months Thanks To This App - Even If You Think You Can't Lose Weight

Swimmers! Has Swimming Become Boring? Order This WaterProof MP3 Know and Make Your Workouts Exciting Again!

Spend a Good Evening Drinking Delicious 3€ Pint Of Beer! Come This Wednesday at SwagBAR.

Summer is Coming! Give This App a Try & Get Your Body 100% Beach-Ready In Three Months

Do you know how many months there is before summer?

Only 3!

Now, imagine yourself partying at the beach with your ripped body. Do you think it's a pipe dream? But you would love it, right? Do you want to know how thousands of people get ripped in less than three months?

Your body is unique! This is why Freelitox's coach will design specific training regimen JUST FOR YOU. Download the app now & in three months you will LOVE how your new body look.

PS: Your date at the beach will also LOVE your new body ;)

keith4444 and Lex DeVille like this.
  5. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,463
    Lex, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your threads about using the gig market sites for immediate cash flow through copywriting! This is the ray of hope, the breath of fresh air I needed NOW in what had become a grim, dim and stagnant situation! I read your advice over the weekend and will get my profiles up tomorrow... will report back when I've done that, or, if I get stuck so that I can get unstuck ASAP. My plan is to use your techniques to climb out of the immediate hole within days to weeks... then transition over to Fox's web agency model within the next few months... and then move on to some bigger long term ideas I've had for a while, but that have been out of reach because I didn't have a short term action plan. I'm so grateful for your generosity sharing your experiences and advice! - Chris

Lex DeVille likes this.
  6. Late Bloomer

Rep Bank:
    $7,463
    Lex, I need to ask your advice about the registration process on Upwork. There are some specific points where I'm stuck. If these are already addressed in your videos or posts, I apologize and would appreciate a link to what I can review further.

As this kind of agency platform is a new experience for me, I read through ALL of the legalese. I find it intimidating that there is such a huge volume of terms and conditions. Also, I find it worrisome that the terms include that if they merely "suspect" (with no need to explain, let alone prove) a terms violation, they can freeze accounts and withhold payments, with no way to appeal. I've found examples of people who claim that as freelancers they were screwed over in this way. What's a good way to think about this?

I read through the support info about creating a profile. I didn't see a way to say, "I'd like to communicate with prospects, but right now today I'm fully booked, so I can't promise an immediate job." My fear is that a client could start a conversation assuming that freelancers are available, and then get disappointed that I reject an offer, and maybe this could count against me?

I'm confused by the verbiage about names. In particular, can the user name be anything or must it be your legal name? If you use a pen name, e.g. "Sales Writer," at what point does the client have to be provided your full contact info?

How important are video chats in your experience? Are plain old phone calls acceptable, or considered passe by clients?

Thanks!

7. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille The moments that define you have already happened. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $33,055
    You can fear what might happen and make $0...OR...you can get started and make as much money as you can while you can and do you best not to violate the terms of service Upwork cares about (for instance, mentioning PayPal in a chat conversation).

You can worry about what might happen with clients if you get started...OR...you can get started and deal with problems only if they arise. Set your availability to 30+ hours and if you can't work with a client, just let them know.

Usernames can be anything you want. Clients don't see your username. They see your real name, and your real name is required to get paid. You can hide your last name and only show your first name and last initial if you want though.

Video or phone calls are fine. Pitching price in a chat message is how you get low rates and bad clients. Most clients are happy to talk on the phone, audio chat, or video chat.

diegorueda, Late Bloomer and Ika like this.
  8. Late Bloomer

Rep Bank:
    $7,463
    Thanks for the super helpful reply, Lex. I've been looking at both Upwork and Fiverr this week. Today I figured out exactly what goes on my Fiverr profile. I found about a dozen categories where I can make gigs, need to narrow them down to the initial seven and get them posted. Will follow through with Upwork tomorrow.