The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Relate to this so hard. I feel like I'm still on the latter end of it but I keep finding the power to keep going. Best wishes to you!
Keep going - that's the only real challenge you have, to keep going.

There are moments where you'll give up and just say "F*ck it" for a few days, maybe even a week.

But come right back. The worst that could happen won't happen. Keep going.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted74396

Keep going - that's the only real challenge you have, to keep going.

There are moments where you'll give up and just say "F*ck it" for a few days, maybe even a week.

But come right back. The worst that could happen won't happen. Keep going.

I feel ya! I can't really say fck it for more than half a day as I at least need to keep up with the side hustle to pay bills, but I'm not going to give up ever. If I gave up as a young entrepreneur, I wouldn't have had the (positive) experiences I have now. And the negative ones are just lessons, I keep telling myself

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
I cannot believe my last update was in Nov 2019? Damn, time flies way too quick.

Anyway, lots of changes have happened since then.

Business-wise, traction slowed down greatly and now I'm investing even more (made a new website, updated existing version, prospecting more etc.) into the product.

I've gotten to a point where I want to give up on this idea, but I won't.

I want to push further; re-invest in LinkedIn ads again, explore what other value skews I can implement, find more hidden pains that I could solve which other competitors aren't really focusing upon.

It's tough because there is so much competition, and a majority of them are financially backed, therefore they can build things quicker and upgrade their value skews much faster. For example, my biggest competitor recently redesigned their entire brand within 2 weeks and it looks amazing.
Whereas it took me months to initially make something that looked better than their original website. Now I can't even compete with them on design/branding.

Also, I've recently had a lot of trouble with my Upwork developer, they haven't responded to any of my messages, which means that crucial features cannot be installed as quickly as I'd like. I'll likely need to get a new developer who can dissect the code so they can make the necessary updates. F*** pain.

But I feel that if I keep attacking the world with my desire, my will to succeed, eventually I'll get what I want. I'm pretty embarrassed that it's taking me this long to move the needle, I have a few one-time customers and they have been my biggest accomplishment to date.

On top of this, my family is full of leeches and just bad people - money constantly being drained from my pocket, I have to constantly protect the younger kids from being exposed to their dumbsh*t. I think I'll draw up a plan later today. I don't get how I'm one of the youngest people in the family, yet I make more money than everyone and am more sensible/responsible. If spirituality exists, then I'm definitely being served karma from a past life lol.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Starting a podcast on the side while I do this, would love to interview some members on this forum - no one in particular, as long as they have a business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Currently working with clients on their delivery, overall things are doing alright, but if I don't see traction with this product before March, then I've decided to quit entrepreneurship for good.

It's been a great journey, many ups and downs, but I don't see the point in my pushing forward. I already have money (ironically saved a lot from previous businesses and my career) and plenty of time to myself (I can navigate 9-5 easily now) so I don't see the point in moving forward.

I'd still love if this current business allowed me to go full-time on it and just focus on building a team around it, however the market demand isn't strong (I'll get confirmation of this in March but I can already see the future of this, after numerous businesses your intuition becomes sharp as hell).
So I'm just going to move on with my career and build a family (which I've been postponing for awhile).

My only concern now is that I don't have any activity to leverage my creativity, I'll try and compensate by working out more and having a wider social circle to spend my time with.

It's all a bit surreal, I know eventually I'll get 'bored' and want to do something new. Especially since I still have about a decade before I turn 30. But time is moving faster the older I get, so I suppose it's natural that I start focusing on building a family foundation and adventuring a bit before I get married and do the usual.

My next post here will be around March and it will be my last before I close this account. It's been a good experience and I hope people on this forum can find what it is they need from life.

- Gatsby

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.