• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION 100 Brown Cents To $8000

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by GatsbyMag, Dec 31, 2016.

1. GatsbyMag

GatsbyMag Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,027
    So my plan was to have a sales career and build a business along the side because the skills I'd be learning in sales would be easily transferable and the money would help support me. I've made huge progress so far but another obstacle has arrived.

I do B2B, software sales. This is my first ever career.

I sucked in the beginning and I think I've done a pretty good job of progressing, unfortunately compared to my peers I'm not as talented so I've been told that if I don't exceed my number this month I'll be fired.

My biggest problem is that I don't know why I'm not booking as many appointments as my friends. They all seem to find it easy, I assume it's because they have the type-A, extroverted sales personality and they've all had past client-facing experience.

I know the next step for me is to focus on exceeding my numbers, but I'm in an emotional state of confusion.

The 2 sales books I've read (fanatical prospecting and Zig Ziglar's Closing secrets), along with the numerous blogs, training and advise I've received have not helped me.

When I ask for guidance from the higher-ups, they help me on the technicalities e.g. "you should phrase it this way" or "just copy the standard messaging". I appreciate their help because they're always so busy but it doesn't help me understand the philosophy/foundations of their sales methodology (which they can't even describe, it's like asking a singer how they are able to sing so well - it's difficult to break down unconscious strategies).

If I miss my number, I'm going to find a job that can help me build my sales skills. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what I'll do. Plus the pressure of having to support my family is killing me internally, I don't get why my parents didn't set things up so they could have their own money as they aged. However, that's life.

If anyone has any advice on what kind of sales job I can get that will ALLOW me to develop my sales skills (e.g. not fire me if I miss my number), please let me know. B2C would be nice because I suspect it might be easier but it's unlikely to make a massive difference. I know i need to get better.

2. FlipFlops

FlipFlops Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $197
    Sales is about relationships.
    Don't over think it.
    1) Call People.
    2) Follow up with a thank you note. Just a little note, "saying it was great meeting you/catching up (whatever.) If your not interested in our product perhaps you know somebody who is..."
    3) Pop By their office... Don't go empty handed. Doesn't have to be fancy either.

Your pic of Les Brown... I met him once. Great guy, follow his youtube videos.
    Ziglar, Jim Rohn, their all great, their transfer of knowledge to you is useless, until you use it/do it.
    You gotta take action.

GatsbyMag likes this.