The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

0 to 10M Users: The Story of Jotform (Value Bomb!)

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
If you have the time, I recommend reading the story of Jotform in the founder's 20-part series here: From 0 to 10M Users with $0 Funding

Inspiring to say the least, as well as a good reminder on what should be prioritized and what is irrelevant. Many gems being dropped.

FYI if you liked this find, there's plenty more I release every Monday in my newsletter....just sayin'

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you have the time, I recommend reading the story of Jotform in the founder's 20-part series here: From 0 to 10M Users with $0 Funding

Inspiring to say the least, as well as a good reminder on what should be prioritized and what is irrelevant. Many gems being dropped.
Holy smoke. That’s a whole book put onto a website, and formatted exceedingly well.

I bet that gets shared all over the place. And I bet people would buy it as a book even though it’s free online.

Some screenshots:

365EF74E-D1C0-4194-B0FE-292684B5796C.png

3CA43FAB-F336-4B21-BF73-0D2FCD4623E4.png

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Mar 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing. Have learned quite a few lessons already.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK

This is great. Thanks for sharing.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
That is INSANE value. They know their market, too, since a lot of Jotform users are using it to test a MVP.

First off: I only heard of Jotform in 2019. I had no idea it was started in 2006. By the time I heard of it, it was popular. Some "overnight success". Lol

It echoes a lot of what MJ himself says in his book. There is nothing wrong with continuing to work your job or your contracts while you build a business, and it's okay to do it for years if necessary.

"I would have spent at least six months learning how to find and pitch investors. Instead, I used that time to refine the product and spread the word." - wow!

@Kak - you've often talked about bootstrapping as something to be avoided if possible (I know it's more complicated than that), interested to see your take on this.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That is INSANE value. They know their market, too, since a lot of Jotform users are using it to test a MVP.

First off: I only heard of Jotform in 2019. I had no idea it was started in 2006. By the time I heard of it, it was popular. Some "overnight success". Lol

It echoes a lot of what MJ himself says in his book. There is nothing wrong with continuing to work your job or your contracts while you build a business, and it's okay to do it for years if necessary.

"I would have spent at least six months learning how to find and pitch investors. Instead, I used that time to refine the product and spread the word." - wow!

@Kak - you've often talked about bootstrapping as something to be avoided if possible (I know it's more complicated than that), interested to see your take on this.

Incredible value bomb, closely reflects a lot of things I've been preaching for over a decade, including that stupid "follow your passion" trope.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've only read the first two chapters and there are a lot of Fastlane ideas present.

Yea, reads like a Fastlane case study, from value skewing to product enhancement to being profitable very quickly. And it was all done without selling your soul to investors.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Is there an accompanying paperback or audible?

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

Voracity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 24, 2014
Midwest USA
I signed up for Jotform in 2013 and have used it almost daily since. They have never stopped improving their product, which separates them from every other company in the space.

TheLearner

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 17, 2018
DFW, USA

FYI if you liked this find, there's plenty more I release every Monday in my newsletter....just sayin'
Whoah awesome! I always find it amazing seeing large companies that grew without VC investment.

eamo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Dec 4, 2021

Thanks for sharing, had no idea Jotform started in 2006. I thought it was relatively new and backed by massive VC money! Just goes to show.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.