The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TAMPA BAY, FL Fastlane Meetup

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
6 pm works for me, I'll be eating and drinking for sure.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

Not entirely sure yet. I have to coordinate with school schedule for one of them as well with biz partners too.

If I have to make a rough guess... late March, April. If not then, it would be Aug or Sept.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Not entirely sure yet. I have to coordinate with school schedule for one of them as well with biz partners too.

If I have to make a rough guess... late March, April. If not then, it would be Aug or Sept.

Are the kids boys or girls?

I'd suggest trying to catch some sporting even depending on season. We have the Bucs, Lightning hockey, Rowdies (soccer), and Rays.

If fishing is your pleasure, head out to Clearwater for a fishing charter. Plenty of them there.

Beach, I recommend Honeymoon island St park.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Are the kids boys or girls?

I'd suggest trying to catch some sporting even depending on season. We have the Bucs, Lightning hockey, Rowdies (soccer), and Rays.

If fishing is your pleasure, head out to Clearwater for a fishing charter. Plenty of them there.

Beach, I recommend Honeymoon island St park.

Awesome, thanks!

I have twin girls and the oldest is a boy.

I have always wanted to do a fishing charter. I don't care if the kids want to or not, they will just have to sit and wait/watch.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Awesome, thanks!

I have twin girls and the oldest is a boy.

I have always wanted to do a fishing charter. I don't care if the kids want to or not, they will just have to sit and wait/watch.

There are a lot of great charters out of Clearwater from big boat/multiple people to small boat/family outing style.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

@Scot

Bringing a new member of the forum down as well, BRILLIANT programmer & has been around the startup space a while.
Don't remember the specifics, but hopefully he'll give some insight about the issues you face with the app you're dev'ing (Inside).

We'll see - super looking forward to this!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
@Scot

Bringing a new member of the forum down as well, BRILLIANT programmer & has been around the startup space a while.
Don't remember the specifics, but hopefully he'll give some insight about the issues you face with the app you're dev'ing (Inside).

We'll see - super looking forward to this!

That will be great. Definitely a good opportunity to get some more insight into our needs with development.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Update : I will make it, but will not be able to spend the whole evening there. My son is just rolling in to town and I may even bring him along, but I will plan on getting there at 6PM for a couple of cocktails but need to plan an early exit as we have a bunch of family related stuff going on. I will have no problem drinking my share of the bill though. :) See you all Saturday at some point.

What is the head count? Do you have enough people to justify the minimum?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Update : I will make it, but will not be able to spend the whole evening there. My son is just rolling in to town and I may even bring him along, but I will plan on getting there at 6PM for a couple of cocktails but need to plan an early exit as we have a bunch of family related stuff going on. I will have no problem drinking my share of the bill though. :) See you all Saturday at some point.

What is the head count? Do you have enough people to justify the minimum?

I think the headcount is somewhere around 10 people and the minimum is $250. I know a few of us are planning on getting food as well, so I don't see hitting that minumum being a problem.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Driving 8.5 hrs from SC right now as we speak! (actually at a gas stop but yea)

going to be a good weekend in TAMPA

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

By the way, what's the dress code? Formal? Casual?

Couldn't judge 100% by the restaurant's website

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
By the way, what's the dress code? Formal? Casual?

Couldn't judge 100% by the restaurant's website

I'm just rocking jeans and a button down. My leopard print snuggy is at the dry cleaners.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
yeah im gunna be in jeans and a button down as well lol, last meet up was pretty lax.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Because we have a semi-private room, whoever is getting there first, should we have a group name to tell the host?

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Because we have a semi-private room, whoever is getting there first, should we have a group name to tell the host?

Fastlane meetup, my handle, or simply Chef's Table...

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Fastlane meetup, my handle, or simply Chef's Table...
gentleman

it gives me great pain to say this traffic will not allow me to make it by now y'all probably have finished

i left st petes beach at 515 gentleman only to get stranded by he worst traffic 275 north bound FDot vehicles all over closed all three lanes making us bottleneck onto ganda blvd and was stuck there for 1 hr 45 minutes

i basically lost my voice in all of this

am so pissed

half victory day for me shrine bowl went well but not meeting y'all kills me

i am staying at sirata tonight in st petes beach and can meet anyone at st petes but y'all prolly left or are boozed

next time gentleman next time

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

gentleman

it gives me great pain to say this traffic will not allow me to make it by now y'all probably have finished

i left st petes beach at 515 gentleman only to get stranded by he worst traffic 275 north bound FDot vehicles all over closed all three lanes making us bottleneck onto ganda blvd and was stuck there for 1 hr 45 minutes

am so pissed

i am staying at sirata tonight in st petes beach and can meet anyone at st petes but y'all prolly left or are boozed

@Arun Siva ...That SUCKS. So sorry to hear :(

Great to meet everyone last night! @Ronak ; Thanks for getting the reservation and suggestions together!
Awesome to meet "THE" @Vigilante in person - dropping knowledge bombs and all over.
Godspeed to @Scot , @Duane , @Richard Espinosa , @S.Brown, and our newbie @codefist

See You Next Time.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
It was a great meetup. It's good to be surrounded by like minded individuals. Everyone has very promising projects ahead of them for sure.

@Ronak thsnks again for picking the location and getting that taken care of. Glad to see @UnrealCreative and @codefist made the 8 hour drive.

Also thanks to @Vigilante to helping a lot of us hash through some ideas and prodding us into action.

And looks like you just missed it @S. Brown Sorry Tampa traffic got you @Arun Siva
IMG_6217.JPG

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
gentleman

am so pissed

I actually ran into this on my way at around 5:40, state trooper blocked the 1-275 ramp towards Tampa. Luckily I know the area very well and was able to head towards St. Pete, take an exit, bypass all the traffic and get on Gandy to make it in time.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

@codefist got some shots last night

some look like we're derping out though
don't kill us
16143559_619219924928423_8428348019699574664_o.jpg

16179236_619219968261752_5548099847193213612_o.jpg

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Hope I wasn't too hard on the new kid.

If he considers that "being hard" then business will be a big wake up call.

If anything you pretty much laid out a great starting plan with a huge offer of help. I just hope he executes!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.