The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TAMPA BAY, FL Fastlane Meetup

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am going to show you guys (next week, in person) my private journal entries from April 2014 and March 2016 and March 2017.

If my private journal entry from 2014 vs. 2017 doesn't do it for you, you shouldn't bother ever attending an entrepreneurial get together again.

What happens in Tampa stays in Tampa.

See you Thursday. - Dave

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I am going to show you guys (next week, in person) my private journal entries from April 2014 and March 2016 and March 2017.

If my private journal entry from 2014 vs. 2017 doesn't do it for you, you shouldn't bother ever attending an entrepreneurial get together again.

See you Thursday. - Dave

Ok, I'm already planning on coming but you definitely piqued my interest.

Master of suspense.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
I'm not from Tampa or even Florida, but I have to say I'm jealous I can't take advantage of this opportunity. Thank you for being the person who will do this for others!

itmap

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 7, 2017
Palm Harbor, FL

See you Thursday. - Dave

I was excited to begin with, but now I wish our meeting was this afternoon. Have a great weekend.

Andre

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
DAMN!
I'm in Hong Kong/China for a sourcing trip...can't make this one, but very generous offer from @Vigilante .
Let me know if you want me to bring something back from here, and to those taking advantage of the meeting, absorb every last drop and implement like crazy!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
DAMN!
I'm in Hong Kong/China for a sourcing trip...can't make this one, but very generous offer from @Vigilante .
Let me know if you want me to bring something back from here, and to those taking advantage of the meeting, absorb every last drop and implement like crazy!

Got a bunch of invites for the spring electronics show in HK. I will probably go back over in October.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Scot thanks for tagging, and thank you @Vigilante for putting this wonderful opportunity together.
Not RSVP'ing yet - making it down would be miraculous, but doable. So we'll see.

In the meantime for everyone else closer to the area:

GO.

Just go. You don't owe anyone an explanation.

...and come prepared with good questions - You'll regret not taking this time to pick Dave's brains (wish I had more!)

-Mike

Are you coming?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
How many slots are left?

None at this point but we are having a get together this summer. If you are from Tampa, we will tag you in that one when it gets organized.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Yea, Gainesville is a good place. I grew up Dallas, but moved here after graduating in 2012. I came because I had some friends out here.

Just moved from there 2 years. Just did a double take because my best friend in Gville is Jonathan C as well haha

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States
Just moved from there 2 years. Just did a double take because my best friend in Gville is Jonathan C as well haha

Oh wow, what a cool coincidence. What prompted you to leave Gainesville? By chance, was it due to the buyout of Sumtotal System by Skillsoft that happened 2 years ago?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Oh wow, what a cool coincidence. What prompted you to leave Gainesville? By chance, was it due to the buyout of Sumtotal System by Skillsoft that happened 2 years ago?

Nope, didn't know Sumtotal was bought. My wife finished medical school and the job market for both of our day jobs is pretty scarce there. We miss it, but we had to leave.

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States
Oh, that's too bad. I know that Gainesville has Shands which seems fairly big. I guess maybe the area is too saturated with medical grads though. I used to work for SumTotal as an accountant before they got bought out which is why I thought to bring it up. I was fortunate to find another job after the buyout. What do you do for a living?

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
can't do thursday but next time y'all meet on a weekend i will drive from SC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's the summary.

I talked too much.

Listened too little.

Ate a decent sandwich.

Learned quite a few things.

That's all. See you in June with HIGH EXPECTATIONS.

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
Great meeting everyone today, I am very happy I came out! Plan on being at the next one as well.

The one website I mentioned was 10times.com for tradeshows, if you guys need any help or have questions on how shows work I do this for my job all of the time. And in general marketing stuff, I like the backend work so PM me if there's anything I can do.

One point I forgot to mention to @Vigilante :

Those pee pads, have you ever thought about putting them into a hospital setting? I worked as a tech in a hospital, and one issue they have is bedridden patients after surgery, really sick ones, or the elderly... if a patient pees the bed what happens is the wetness causes skin breakdown, and it's a huge huge huge no-no in the hospital. They actually end up losing grants from the government typically if this happens and the nurse doesn't catch it. Happens all the time. I bet in nursing homes/geriatric care places those would sell like hot cakes. I worked in a huge hospital in Indianapolis and as far as I know we didn't have them around. We simply used those doggy accident pads under their a$$ to keep it from getting on the floor.

Something to consider if you haven't aleady.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Great meeting everyone today, I am very happy I came out! Plan on being at the next one as well.

The one website I mentioned was 10times.com for tradeshows, if you guys need any help or have questions on how shows work I do this for my job all of the time. And in general marketing stuff, I like the backend work so PM me if there's anything I can do.

One point I forgot to mention to @Vigilante :

Those pee pads, have you ever thought about putting them into a hospital setting? I worked as a tech in a hospital, and one issue they have is bedridden patients after surgery, really sick ones, or the elderly... if a patient pees the bed what happens is the wetness causes skin breakdown, and it's a huge huge huge no-no in the hospital. They actually end up losing grants from the government typically if this happens and the nurse doesn't catch it. Happens all the time. I bet in nursing homes/geriatric care places those would sell like hot cakes. I worked in a huge hospital in Indianapolis and as far as we didn't have them around. We simply used those doggy accident pads under their a$$ to keep it from getting on the floor.

Something to consider if you haven't aleady.

Ironically we got a notification that we sold one about 10 minutes after you guys left

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Big thanks to @Vigilante for organizing this. The end of month correction of errors is a really good strategy to be hints with yourself about where the business is going.

And most importantly, just having a round table with like minded people tearing apart your strategy and looking at things differently is huge for growth.

Apologies for having to jet as soon as we stopped talking. This trainee I had with me this week has been a pain and was blowing up my phone.

I'll bring you guys samples of my products come June.

itmap

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 7, 2017
Palm Harbor, FL
Big thanks to @Vigilante for organizing this. The end of month correction of errors is a really good strategy to be hints with yourself about where the business is going.

And most importantly, just having a round table with like minded people tearing apart your strategy and looking at things differently is huge for growth.

Apologies for having to jet as soon as we stopped talking. This trainee I had with me this week has been a pain and was blowing up my phone.

I'll bring you guys samples of my products come June.
I agree with Scot. It was great meeting everyone and I look forward to our June meeting. Thank you @Vigilante for putting this together and your insight, it is much appreciated. Take care everybody.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
Funny story, my car was totaled on the way back to the lab after the meeting. Some lady tried to slam on the brakes and turned in front of me.

Besides that, it was a great meeting and good to hear how everyone is doing. I look forward to trying your samples @Scot. @Vigilante set me straight on a few things and now I'm focused back on the right things, I really appreciate everyone's insights.

I will be pushing my limits and implementing what we talked about before our next meetup. When we meet back up in June, I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone else has executed on the strategies given today.

Thanks for the info @policebaton, I'll see you at some tradeshows in the future.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Funny story, my car was totaled on the way back to the lab after the meeting. Some lady tried to slam on the brakes and turned in front of me.

Besides that, it was a great meeting and good to hear how everyone is doing. I look forward to trying your samples @Scot. @Vigilante set me straight on a few things and now I'm focused back on the right things, I really appreciate everyone's insights.

I will be pushing my limits and implementing what we talked about before our next meetup. When we meet back up in June, I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone else has executed on the strategies given today.

Thanks for the info @policebaton, I'll see you at some tradeshows in the future.
Are you OK?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.