The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TAMPA BAY, FL Fastlane Meetup

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Another option is TopGolf-- good indoor/outdoor hybrid, fun for golfers & non-golfers, plus food/drink for those who want it. We can reserve space with a minimum of 12, and it's right off I-75 for those coming from out of town...

Topgolf Tampa: The Ultimate in Golf, Games, Food and Fun

1406_rooftop-bar-topgolf-tampa-01.jpg
1400_bay-topgolf-tampa-01.jpg

I forgot all about Top Golf.

@Vigilante do you have connection with Davidoff to get the lounge? Or is it just a "anyone should call an find out" deal.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I forgot all about Top Golf.

@Vigilante do you have connection with Davidoff to get the lounge? Or is it just a "anyone should call an find out" deal.

No connections

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Another option is TopGolf-- good indoor/outdoor hybrid, fun for golfers & non-golfers, plus food/drink for those who want it. We can reserve space with a minimum of 12, and it's right off I-75 for those coming from out of town...

Topgolf Tampa: The Ultimate in Golf, Games, Food and Fun

1406_rooftop-bar-topgolf-tampa-01.jpg
1400_bay-topgolf-tampa-01.jpg

There was a top golf event in Scottsdale that people generally liked. Not my bag, but most people would probably enjoy it. I skipped the one in Scottsdale but may show up at this one for a drink or two if you end up there.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
TopGolf looks really good for us golf enthusiasts, but like Vigilante said, wherever the consensus states...

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
I was thinking of Birchwood Inn/Canopy Lounge in downtown St. Pete as a option.

Up to you guys/gals.

@Vigilante Davidoff of Geneva sounds good...never been before. I'm not sure how many are coming exactly. I would say somewhere around 10 possibly.

Attachments

• GREAT-PICTURE-OF-THE-CANOPY-400x400.jpg
    GREAT-PICTURE-OF-THE-CANOPY-400x400.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 15
  • birch-vine.jpg
    birch-vine.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
I was thinking of Birchwood Inn/Canopy Lounge in downtown St. Pete as a option.

Up to you guys/gals.

@Vigilante Davidoff of Geneva sounds good...never been before. I'm not sure how many are coming exactly. I would say somewhere around 10 possibly.

Looks nice, though for the sake of the out of towners, I think keeping it in the Tampa area would save at least 30 mins each way.

I can make calls tomorrow to all the places and post findings regarding cost/availability-- then we can take a poll and lock it in.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I agree with Ronak, keeping it in Tampa would be best

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Update:

1) Top Golf doesn't do reservations unless you hold an event with a $50/person cost. Otherwise it's first come first serve with a possible 1+ hour wait. Even so, it would come to around $20/person for 2 hours. If we go this route, I volunteer to come early and get our name in so everyone doesn't have to wait.

2) Seasons52 in Westshore Mall will give us the semi private Chef's table for around a $20/person food/drink minimum (total $250). Made a tentative reservation.

chefstbl2.jpg

3) Davidoff -- available at $125/hour cost as per, room rental only.

A few of the other private dining rooms are either booked or have exorbitant minimums.

Another option is a hotel lobby/bar in the area and just hope for the best-- no cost

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I like option 2 or we try our luck at a hotel lobby/bar

Update:

1) Top Golf doesn't do reservations unless you hold an event with a $50/person cost. Otherwise it's first come first serve with a possible 1+ hour wait. Even so, it would come to around $20/person for 2 hours. If we go this route, I volunteer to come early and get our name in so everyone doesn't have to wait.

2) Seasons52 in Westshore Mall will give us the semi private Chef's table for around a $20/person food/drink minimum (total $250). Made a tentative reservation.

chefstbl2.jpg

3) Davidoff -- waiting for a call back, but confirmed $125/hour cost as per @Vigilante

A few of the other private dining rooms are either booked or have exorbitant minimums.

Another option is a hotel lobby/bar in the area and just hope for the best-- no cost

Thoughts?

Esoteric Wealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 21, 2015
Fan of option 2 as well.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Anyone know what sound is like at Seasons 52 "private" room?

The Chef table is in a different section from the main dining room but isn't an enclosed private room, so some noise will be there.

Also, Davidoff is confirmed as available....

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
option 2 seems good is that the cost per person?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Yeah let's go option 2. If the night is engaging enough to last longer than dinner, we can migrate to a bar or something nearby.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
OK, option 2 it is!

@Arun Siva Basically a $250 minimum before tax/gratuity, so assuming 20 people, that's around $20/person. I don't think we have to hold everyone to a minimum if we get confirmation from enough attendees and just use the honor system.., the menu is Find A Restaurant | Seasons 52 Restaurant

If the private room is unbooked on the day of, I'll see if they can just move us there. There's also a hotel across the street if the meetup goes beyond dinnertime...

See everyone at 6pm on the 21st!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
OK, option 2 it is!

@Arun Siva Basically a $250 minimum before tax/gratuity, so assuming 20 people, that's around $20/person. I don't think we have to hold everyone to a minimum if we get confirmation from enough attendees and just use the honor system.., the menu is Find A Restaurant | Seasons 52 Restaurant

If the private room is unbooked on the day of, I'll see if they can just move us there. There's also a hotel across the street if the meetup goes beyond dinnertime...

thank you @Ronak for coordinating all of this. see you there are we set on at 6pm?

Was thinking maybe 7pm?

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I know this is a MEETUP thread, but honestly I thought this might be the best place to ask this...

But I am planning to come down to Tampa this year with family ( twin 13 year olds and a 17 year old ) and was wondering what are some "must do's" and "can't miss" for first timers?

I love Destin and Ft. Lauderdale, mainly for food and beach stuff. Hoping to have a great experience like I had there in Tampa.

Was hoping you all could throw out some places and maybe when I come down, I can organize a meetup too based on what you guys let me know. I got 2 biz partners in Miami that could maybe come up too

If i am thread crashing, sorry.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
I know this is a MEETUP thread, but honestly I thought this might be the best place to ask this...

But I am planning to come down to Tampa this year with family ( twin 13 year olds and a 17 year old ) and was wondering what are some "must do's" and "can't miss" for first timers?

I love Destin and Ft. Lauderdale, mainly for food and beach stuff. Hoping to have a great experience like I had there in Tampa.

Was hoping you all could throw out some places and maybe when I come down, I can organize a meetup too based on what you guys let me know. I got 2 biz partners in Miami that could maybe come up too

dont know if you want to catch a Rays game perhaps?

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
dont know if you want to catch a Rays game perhaps?

That's a good thought and one I might use as a backup.

My kids won't sit through one though, so I might need other options. But that's a good backup actually.

I wanted to see the Padres while in San Diego and was on a tram full of people going to one of the games. The kids weren't going to sit through it though sadly. Maybe they will change their mind this year.

S. Brown

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Mar 23, 2014
Tampa Bay, Fl
OK, option 2 it is!

I appreciate it @Ronak. Option 2 sounds good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016

My kids won't sit through one though, so I might need other options. But that's a good backup actually.

I wanted to see the Padres while in San Diego and was on a tram full of people going to one of the games. The kids weren't going to sit through it though sadly. Maybe they will change their mind this year.

haha i can relate dealt with the same

The Top 10 Things to Do in Tampa - TripAdvisor - Tampa, FL Attractions - Find What to Do Today, This Weekend, or in January

busch gardens is good @eliquid

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
thank you @Ronak for coordinating all of this. see you there are we set on at 6pm?

Was thinking maybe 7pm?

Sorry, made a presumption for 6pm based on last year's time....please chime in if that's not the best time and I will adjust it...

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Sorry, made a presumption for 6pm based on last year's time....please chime in if that's not the best time and I will adjust it...

perhaps 7 or 730 would suffice for everyone? 8 may be a bit too late but not sure

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Shoot me a PM, I'll throw some suggestions your way.

@Ronak, thanks for setting it up. I'll be there. 6 or 7 works for me

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
perhaps 7 or 730 would suffice for everyone? 8 may be a bit too late but not sure

I'd leave it at 6PM if it is dinner.

Is it cocktails, or dinner?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

When

Ronak

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Sep 13, 2013
Consensus is 6pm....

Dinner would be nice, but we can also easily hit our minimums with drinks/cocktails...

I am planning on dinner personally...

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Consensus is 6pm....

Dinner would be nice, but we can also easily hit our minimums with drinks/cocktails...

I am planning on dinner personally...

Yeah, I'll definitely be eating as well.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.