The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A little bit about me (new intro)

Peaky Blinder

Action conquers fear
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Dec 1, 2016
Birmingham, England
Hi guys,

I've been a longtime lurker in the shadows and figured it was finally time to give something back here. Wanted to introduce myself properly and prove to myself that wallflowers never prosper.

A little about me:

- Graduated in 2012 with a degree in English Literature and Creative Writing (oh dear)

- Entered into a slowlane job as the first member of a content marketing department in 20m profit/year business - started to learn about the online world and how it all fits together

- During this time read the Millionaire Fastlane and was so inspired I don't think I slept for a few days. Published a ton of Kindle books (all written by me, good use of the degree) and made enough money to do the 'years travelling/gap year' thing - didn't have the mindset to make it big yet

- Played at being location independent for a while but had no idea how to capitalise on my initial publishing success so ended up back in England after a job

- Got a job with a content recommendation/native advertising platform called ContentClick, doing straight sales, biz dev and account management

- CC was acquired by a larger US competitor, RevContent (you guys know 'em?), and worked for them doing the same thing - worked with a ton of huge publishers, advertisers and affiliates and got to learn how that game works

- Left RC to head back to where the family is and to pursue business ventures (brain finally 'clicked')

That's where I'm at. Things are on the up but I have serious addiction to learning skills over earning money. Sometimes feel I should have been born 150 years earlier and been a university scholar.

Change is upon us, however.

Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to specific posters, including @MJ DeMarco @Andy Black @Vigilante @IceCreamKid @Fox @ChickenHawk for inspiring me to think differently and to confirm what I've always suspected. If gratitude really is one of the strongest emotions in the universe, you guys have a direct line to mine. Have invested in an INSIDERS subscription as the first step to giving something back and maybe helping you out somewhere down the line.

On that note, if anybody on here needs help with anything, or if you just happen to be passing through the dark streets of Birmingham, let me know. There's always a whiskey and cigar waiting.

Looking forward to contributing here,

PB

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome.
Since you have experience in writing, it's time to deploy them as a marketable skill to become a potent tool in your Fastlane mechanism.

While creative writing is based on emotions and expression, copywriting (the message that ads or sales letters bring) does even more. It offers the satisfaction of needs for customers, and a promise that you will help the market. Do look at copywriting blogs, books such as Cashvertising (I'm reading it now, very focused on psychology leads) and take a look at @SinisterLex's threads. He's an authority here in the niche.

You might not want to rush into an INSIDERS subscription as it is quite highly-priced (reasonably so to keep out wantrapreneurs). Look out for more needs, and when you see a wide market for it, hit the 'GO' button, rev up and start giving 'em the solutions! When you need more actionable strategies, then an INSIDERS would come in.

BTW, @SinisterLex has an amazing thread on how he beat degree-holders to get a deal by tailoring his resume to offer his services as a PROBLEM SOLVER for his client's needs...remember the needs.

And do be watchful and careful about posting here. Post VALUE, something that would help someone or put a smile on their tired faces. The moderators are stepping on eliminating value-stealers here.

Have a good day.

Peaky Blinder

Action conquers fear
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Dec 1, 2016
Birmingham, England
Welcome.
Since you have experience in writing, it's time to deploy them as a marketable skill to become a potent tool in your Fastlane mechanism.

While creative writing is based on emotions and expression, copywriting (the message that ads or sales letters bring) does even more. It offers the satisfaction of needs for customers, and a promise that you will help the market. Do look at copywriting blogs, books such as Cashvertising (I'm reading it now, very focused on psychology leads) and take a look at @SinisterLex's threads. He's an authority here in the niche.

You might not want to rush into an INSIDERS subscription as it is quite highly-priced (reasonably so to keep out wantrapreneurs). Look out for more needs, and when you see a wide market for it, hit the 'GO' button, rev up and start giving 'em the solutions! When you need more actionable strategies, then an INSIDERS would come in.

BTW, @SinisterLex has an amazing thread on how he beat degree-holders to get a deal by tailoring his resume to offer his services as a PROBLEM SOLVER for his client's needs...remember the needs.

And do be watchful and careful about posting here. Post VALUE, something that would help someone or put a smile on their tired faces. The moderators are stepping on eliminating value-stealers here.

Have a good day.

Hi man, Hope you're doing well.

Thanks for the advice and the time it must have taken to write that out - appreciate it.

I've actually owned a copywriting business for years that I use for income on and off (have a few loyal clients who always give me work when I call). Have read cashvertising, the boron letters, most of breakthrough advertising, Robert collier etc. All amazing reads and well recommended. I must say I'm weaning myself off books now though - after a while I find I'm just retaining stuff that is keeping me from more action. I must say a paperback version of Cashvertising on hand is great though.

Have been here for a while and the INSIDERS price is no real obstacle for me. It is another way for me to give back to the owner of this forum and to hold myself (even more) accountable for the thoughts/emotions I entertain and the action I take.

I actually meant to include @SinisterLex in my intro post. I knew I'd forgot someone. He gives so much value in his threads that you can pretty much swerve the book-reading and get down to it. I felt very much the same when reading @Andy Black 's Adwords posts (*puts adwords udemy course in the recycling bin*).

One of my favourite quotes - "Do not be afraid of a small beginning. Great things come afterwards. Be courageous. Do not try to lead your brethren, but serve them."

If I can help you with anything at all, send me a PM and we'll see what we can do.

Here's to a few laughs, a lot of value, some big moves, and perhaps a stogie on a sunny day.

PB

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi man, Hope you're doing well.

Thanks for the advice and the time it must have taken to write that out - appreciate it.

I've actually owned a copywriting business for years that I use for income on and off (have a few loyal clients who always give me work when I call). Have read cashvertising, the boron letters, most of breakthrough advertising, Robert collier etc. All amazing reads and well recommended. I must say I'm weaning myself off books now though - after a while I find I'm just retaining stuff that is keeping me from more action. I must say a paperback version of Cashvertising on hand is great though.

Have been here for a while and the INSIDERS price is no real obstacle for me. It is another way for me to give back to the owner of this forum and to hold myself (even more) accountable for the thoughts/emotions I entertain and the action I take.

I actually meant to include @SinisterLex in my intro post. I knew I'd forgot someone. He gives so much value in his threads that you can pretty much swerve the book-reading and get down to it. I felt very much the same when reading @Andy Black 's Adwords posts (*puts adwords udemy course in the recycling bin*).

One of my favourite quotes - "Do not be afraid of a small beginning. Great things come afterwards. Be courageous. Do not try to lead your brethren, but serve them."

If I can help you with anything at all, send me a PM and we'll see what we can do.

Here's to a few laughs, a lot of value, some big moves, and perhaps a stogie on a sunny day.

PB
Nothing wrong with reading, unless it turns you into a consumer instead of a producer. ;)

I think my biggest bug bear with our education systems and society is how it's convinced many of us that learning comes from reading books and taking courses.

Learning happens when the rubber hits the road. Until we've experienced something ourselves it's just an "academic" learning.

I like reading, but lately I believe reading just gives me ways to put into words learnings I've had from doing things.

I go on phases of binge reading, podcast listening, and video watching. These might last a couple of weeks and my head is filled up and I try new things or try things differently.

"Wisdom is earned" - from taking action.

Knowledge is just actionable information IMO, and it's worthless unless we actually act upon it.

Thanks for the intros. Gratitude is a great place to come from.

PS: I have cashvertising but couldn't get through it. What am I missing out on?

Peaky Blinder

Action conquers fear
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Dec 1, 2016
Birmingham, England
Nothing wrong with reading, unless it turns you into a consumer instead of a producer. ;)

I think my biggest bug bear with our education systems and society is how it's convinced many of us that learning comes from reading books and taking courses.

Learning happens when the rubber hits the road. Until we've experienced something ourselves it's just an "academic" learning.

I like reading, but lately I believe reading just gives me ways to put into words learnings I've had from doing things.

I go on phases of binge reading, podcast listening, and video watching. These might last a couple of weeks and my head is filled up and I try new things or try things differently.

Knowledge is just actionable information IMO, and it's worthless unless we actually act upon it.

Oh man don't get me started on the education system. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and did well but it needs a huge revamp in my opinion. More doing, less 'stuff'.

I honestly don't think you truly learn anything until you do it, and the more you confuse learning with doing the more your self-confidence suffers. Better to try, fall and scrape your knee than to hesitate all day. At least with the former option you've got some real playground experience and you can try again (this applies to everything - business, dating, fitness etc). Don't know if you've ever read any Zen texts but they pretty much say the same thing over and over again until you get it (act, don't be a slave to your thoughts).

Haha I hear you! I've been binging stuff for a few months now and there comes a point where you're like 'what the hell did I just read? I knew that anyway!'

Can't beat a bit of logic and a bit of imagination.

Thanks for posting, really appreciate it. Saw the video where you coming back from the gym the other day - looked like a nice walk in the sun.

Peaky Blinder

Action conquers fear
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Dec 1, 2016
Birmingham, England

Oh yeah - the formatting of Cashvertising is literally awful. I didn't finish reading front to back either. I read it as a reference when working on projects, and dip in occasionally when I need a spark.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Peaky Blinder

Action conquers fear
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Dec 1, 2016
Birmingham, England
I should have an announcement here before the end of the year!

Awesome man. I'm planning on a big year next year so this will be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...