The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost my job. Give it to me straight how F*cked am i?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
but then there were dick heads like yourself that just said nope there’s no hope
Interesting.

I don't remember saying anything of that sort. I would appreciate it if you could link me to such a comment.

In case you missed it, this was my reply:

It depends entirely on your own willingness to turn things around.

"Everything is lost" / "It is too late at X years old" are very familiar phrases that I used to poison my mind in the past.

If this is the story you're telling yourself, I'm afraid it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

We live in the most abundant times humanity has ever seen. Opportunities are everywhere, and their magnitude exceeds anything that has happened thus far on this planet.

Anyone of average intelligence but a superior work ethic can become wildly successful in a few short years.

Open your eyes and learn to see the world anew.

Then get to work and see how your life transforms, one day at a time.

Going back to what I've said about today's opportunities.

If you are healthy, literate, speak English, know how to use a computer, and have internet access, you're very far from being @AgainstAllOdds7

You are, in fact, amongst the luckiest of men. You're already on the winning side of the coin.

What are you going to do with this amazing opportunity that has been given to you?

But now I realize that everyone who has taken the time to reply to this thread has wasted their time.

Congratulations @Johnny boy on your assessment. You were spot on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I just signed up for Lyft and made $250 my first day. I’ll be fine and I’m hearing back from places. I may do this everyday as I feel in control of my time and can listen to audio books all day and can do it whenever. Panic is gone thanks m.
Folks...I'm sure some answers can be a lot more empathetic.

Congrats on the driving gig, AgainstAllOdds. Start with small wins.

Some might say its unfeasible because of the stress from traffic jams and all...but where I'm from, there are entire families who literally LIVE on this gig.

In fact I think my area needs delivery folks and drivers more than ever. In my last ride, the driver told me that they started avoiding vital landmarks like train stations because they got SO crowded-- drivers decided the stress fighting thru traffic wasn't worth it. Even now I have to wait an extra 10-20 mins for a new driver. Yet as they say-- one man's dislike can be another man's opportunity.

You mentioned you started hearing back from places?

Did you need to change up your resume or prospecting approach to reach those guys?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Not getting empathy from me.

Some people aren't going to be astronauts. Some aren't going to be Special Forces. And most aren't going to build a successful business.

It isn't wrong to point out that some people are not thinkers. Some are not doers. Some lack mental competency at all. Those people are better off leveraging the resources/skills they have in ways that are likely to bear fruit for them.

When it comes to being an entrepreneur, this is true MOST of the time.
It is not the exception.

OP is nearly 30, doesn't think for himself, has no self-awareness, asks for advice and gets mad when he receives it, blames the group, not himself, and his skin is thinner than tissue.

These sound like judgments, but they're observations made by numerous people in this thread who all concluded the same thing based on decades of experience.

OP is a broke loser, and he's going to stay that way.

If that makes him cry, complain, and quit before he even starts, so be it, because that's what this is.

Reality doesn't give a shit about your feelings.

THAT's how F*cked you are.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
I lost my job. I’m hopeless. How F*cked am I?

Any bitch-made cavemen on this forum got advice for me?

This is a picture of me flexing in front of the mirror.

What do you think dorks?

I got a plan to listen to audiobooks and do Lyft.

Does any loser on here have a better idea?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Every year I celebrate 'freedom day' with people that lost their job and used that catalyst to get off their a$$ and do what needed to be done to build their future. Reframe.

DoTheWork

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 12, 2019
Whenever you feel like everyone else is being rude, unhelpful, etc., there's a good chance it's you, not them.

I've found this working clients for my website management business.

Client: "Every developer I've worked with has been terrible!"

Me: *Sees that the client's project is quite easy and straightforward*

The client is the problem 99.99% of the time.

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 26, 2023
Perhaps. Thought you wanted it straight. This is actually what I think.

Look at the way you even type in your original post. You can't spell. There's about 20 things going on in the subtext of what you've written that tell me there's a giant amount of f*cked up things going on in your head and you are so, so, so short sighted, I wouldn't even hire someone like that for an entry level position at my company just pushing a lawn mower.

So yes, I think you are F*cked and it's entirely because of your brain being not as good as other people's at thinking. I actually truly believe this with all of my heart. Just because it's also funny to say it is a nice touch. I haven't even met you, I've just seen this type of communication so many times. I fired a guy just like you literally this morning. I didn't, the manager I hired fired him for me.

My honest advice is to go just get a job or try something that takes a different...type of abilities I guess....like a rapper or something.
A question out of need, rather than curiosity:
If I am very alike of what you described as AgainstAllOdds7 personality,
Just remembered your new Gold post.
Instead of asking, one shall do.
Thanks for the value!

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 26, 2023
Take a deep breath. Go for a walk.

Get another job.

Grow a business on the side.

These might help:

cute-anime-natsuo-maki-cry-rjczc3e7qo6w5ds8.gif
thank you, it helped!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I lost my job. I’m hopeless. How F*cked am I?

Any bitch-made cavemen on this forum got advice for me?

This is a picture of me flexing in front of the mirror.

What do you think dorks?

I got a plan to listen to audiobooks and do Lyft.

Does any loser on here have a better idea?

1. You asked for advice on how to deal with life and its sorrows.
  2. You received some advice.
  3. You completely ignored all the advice.
  4. You got deeply offended by a random comment.
  5. You changed your avatar to a shirtless picture, started bragging about your life and stroking your ego.
  6. You then proceeded to insult us - i.e. the same people you asked for advice at point #1.

I am not the one to decide the future, but with this level of emotional maturity and insight, the prospects are not very optimistic.

Did you behave in the same manner when you got fired?

Did you take off your shirt and call your employer a loser?

I was going to voice some extensive suggestions but when this thread turned into these summations, I stepped out.

In my world I start labeling people as "DMA" or in other words, when they don't like the advice they hear and are emotionally immature to accept feedback, I expect the email with "Delete my account" -- it is not worth my time to respond because they ultimately just start lashing out at people and leave butthurt.

Some people are born life-long employees with a worker-consumer-mindset which is why when one of them arrive here, they tend to come up against a lot of friction.

I think you are the biggest douchebag member of this forum, but in 99% of cases you are right

Damn it, I've been usurped!

I just signed up for Lyft and made $250 my first day. I’ll be fine and I’m hearing back from places. I may do this everyday as I feel in control of my time and can listen to audio books all day and can do it whenever. Panic is gone thanks m.

Congratulations and I mean it. But now what? More wage-slaving jobs? This is an entrepreneur forum and we're here to help people break out of the wage-slaving paradigm, which you seem to be OK with, at least until you're laid off X years later with nothing changing.

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
I was going to voice some extensive suggestions but when this thread turned into these summations, I stepped out.

In my world I start labeling people as "DMA" or in other words, when they don't like the advice they hear and are emotionally immature to accept feedback, I expect the email with "Delete my account" -- it is not worth my time to respond because they ultimately just start lashing out at people and leave butthurt.

Some people are born life-long employees with a worker-consumer-mindset which is why when one of them arrive here, they tend to come up against a lot of friction.

Damn it, I've been usurped!

Congratulations and I mean it. But now what? More wage-slaving jobs? This is an entrepreneur forum and we're here to help people break out of the wage-slaving paradigm, which you seem to be OK with, at least until you're laid off X years later with nothing changing.
I will be honest I am still stepping out of the safety net mindset but I have confidence I’ll get there especially with support here

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
Not getting empathy from me.

Some people aren't going to be astronauts. Some aren't going to be Special Forces. And most aren't going to build a successful business.

It isn't wrong to point out that some people are not thinkers. Some are not doers. Some lack mental competency at all. Those people are better off leveraging the resources/skills they have in ways that are likely to bear fruit for them.

When it comes to being an entrepreneur, this is true MOST of the time.
It is not the exception.

OP is nearly 30, doesn't think for himself, has no self-awareness, asks for advice and gets mad when he receives it, blames the group, not himself, and his skin is thinner than tissue.

These sound like judgments, but they're observations made by numerous people in this thread who all concluded the same thing based on decades of experience.

OP is a broke loser, and he's going to stay that way.

If that makes him cry, complain, and quit before he even starts, so be it, because that's what this is.

Reality doesn't give a shit about your feelings.

THAT's how F*cked you are.
I never blames the group once just had some dude just straight up attack my character and say nope ngmi and I defended myself.

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
Whenever you feel like everyone else is being rude, unhelpful, etc., there's a good chance it's you, not them.

I've found this working clients for my website management business.

Client: "Every developer I've worked with has been terrible!"

Me: *Sees that the client's project is quite easy and straightforward*

The client is the problem 99.99% of the time.
Not everyone on this thread was rude I appreciated help from those that actually gave it. I’m just pushing back on the people being like nope your hopeless good bye.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Counting down to the time when the OP announces how he’s quitting the forum:

“I want help, but only if it coddles me” types tend to quit even the random Internet forum because they can’t take the heat. But “bro” is “hard”. :rolleyes:

@
Not everyone on this thread was rude I appreciated help from those that actually gave it. I’m just pushing back on the people being like nope your hopeless good bye.
its “you’re - you are” not “your”.

Your car
You are lazy.

And don’t “push back”. Build a thicker skin. Or you’ll keep failing.

Business requires us to deal with hard stuff. Internet keyboard warriors aren’t hard stuff. Can we agree?

Take a breath now. I know you are pissed. Either quit the forum already, or come back a normal and honest person actually seeking advice.

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023

“I want help, but only if it coddles me” types tend to quit even the random Internet forum because they can’t take the heat. But “bro” is “hard”. :rolleyes:

@

Your car
You are lazy.

Business requires us to deal with hard stuff. Internet keyboard warriors aren’t hard stuff. Can we agree?

Take a breath now. I know you are pissed. Either quit the forum already, or come back a normal and honest person actually seeking advice.
Taking the heat is just yo give up wagie?

@

Your car
You are lazy.

lmao

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 26, 2023

@

Your car
You are lazy.

He probably never expected anyone to hit him harder than any of his ex-boss! Maybe that's why he had a nervous breakdown. He deserves a second chance!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am a bit embarrassed of how soft my first response was at this point. :rofl:

Special thanks to @Johnny boy for completley cutting through the BS on this one.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. - Matthew 7:6

This thread has 45 replies.

That's 45 replies more than it deserves.

Thank you everyone for your time.

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
He probably never expected anyone to hit him harder than any of his ex-boss! Maybe that's why he had a nervous breakdown. He deserves a second chance!
Internet is great but god I just wish there was a way to deal with keyboard warriors who have balls behind a screen

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

No.

This isn’t 1930s depression era. Labour shortages everywhere. I can’t hire fast enough.

This one has 4 months of savings. What kind of “F*cked” is that? He’s fine.

And flipping out on people who are genuinely trying to help is dumb.

Like I said: take a breath. You are fine. Stop angering everyone here! Many of us can and will help if you stop pretending to be a tough guy.

If not, you proved Jonny Boy correct. Quit with a big announcement and bye bye.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
@AgainstAllOdds7 — if you think what @Johnny boy said about you is bad, you should read what @Antifragile, @Kak and others have said about me at one point or another :rofl:

The bottom line is that you care way too much what people think about you. People who care too much about other people’s opinions are scripted almost by definition. And they’ll have an impossible time in business, because in busienss you win precisely when you break off from the crowd.

To put it in the simplest terms, what others think doesn’t matter at all. Take what is useful, discard the rest.

People’s opinions fluctuate all the time, and it’s hard for anyone to truly know who you are just based on one or two interactions. You need thousands of data points to be able to draw conclusions about people and even then you can be wrong. Also, people change over time. And that includes you, but it also includes others.

Don’t forget that people are also emotional beings: sometimes they’ll get mad for what seems like no reason to you. Maybe what you said or the way you behaved touched a sensitive spot — who knows. It’s none of your business anyway.

People’s feelings are always about themselves, and not about you, despite what it may look like. So stop taking things personally and man up…

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Stop angering everyone here!

Maybe "everyone" around here has developed thin-skin-itis.

I remember reading a Johnny boy post from years before I joined where he was a punk kid and some old head was telling him he'd amount to nothing and his idea of franchising lawn care was complete garbage and Johnny should be just listening to that guy...

I don't remember who the old head is, but Johnny is still going and still growing.

Maybe this guy ain't the next Johnny, but all this delete your account stuff sounds a little too close to cancel culture for my liking.

I understand MJ saying he expects to see it (DMA), but everyone else who is pushing for it doesn't make much sense to me.

Like the forum "old heads" only want good little students who will listen and comprehend and praise the givers of their time and God forbid anyone here should react to their ego getting beat up a little...

Is this what we do here? Punch down on the less successful and less mature?

I am a big fan of tough love, but implicit in the word love is respect for the person.

In this thread, we have a kid who was in a panic, took action, steadied his mind, and is proceeding down his path and thanked those who helped.

Yes, he is misguided a bit, but why exactly are we beating him down and pushing him away when he is seeking better guidance?

Hey @AgainstAllOdds7 what's next? You're making money, you're listening to audiobooks, but it is an entrepreneur forum. What's the next move? What's the long-term goal?

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023

I remember reading a Johnny boy post from years before I joined where he was a punk kid and some old head was telling him he'd amount to nothing and his idea of franchising lawn care was complete garbage and Johnny should be just listening to that guy...

I don't remember who the old head is, but Johnny is still going and still growing.

Maybe this guy ain't the next Johnny, but all this delete your account stuff sounds a little too close to cancel culture for my liking.

I understand MJ saying he expects to see it (DMA), but everyone else who is pushing for it doesn't make much sense to me.

Like the forum "old heads" only want good little students who will listen and comprehend and praise the givers of their time and God forbid anyone here should react to their ego getting beat up a little...

I am a big fan of tough love, but implicit in the word love is respect for the person.

In this thread, we have a kid who was in a panic, took action, steadied his mind, and is proceeding down his path and thanked those who helped.

Yes, he is misguided a bit, but why exactly are we beating him down and pushing him away when he is seeking better guidance?

Hey @AgainstAllOdds7 what's next? You're making money, you're listening to audiobooks, but it is an entrepreneur forum. What's the next move? What's the long-term goal?
Thanks for recognizing that I haven’t insulted anyone who has given me advice. I’m knowledgeable in many areas but entrepreneurship and money isn’t one of them and I’m still learning so I’m humble and know to listen. However when I get tards saying just stick with a job,ngmi, your low iq it’s hilarious to me that they want me to just accept that lmfao. Thought this was a forum to HELP people escape not just for those who made it.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Bizy Dad never too busy to school us ! :)

Great post.

Thanks for recognizing that I haven’t insulted anyone who has given me advice. I’m knowledgeable in many areas but entrepreneurship and money isn’t one of them and I’m still learning so I’m humble and know to listen. However when I get tards saying just stick with a job,ngmi, your low iq it’s hilarious to me that they want me to just accept that lmfao. Thought this was a forum to HELP people escape not just for those who made it.

Start with GOLD threads. Get to know some personalities.

Don’t worry about jumping into entrepreneurial ventures right away, make sure your life is covered: SURVIVAL is always FIRST.
Do what you need to do make that a reality - there is NOTHING wrong with having a job.

Here are some of the threads where I shared my thoughts that seemed to resonate with others:

you should read what @Antifragile, @Kak and others have said about me at one point or another :rofl:

First of all, you deserved it, all of it. LOL Maybe not all… but … never mind.

Second of all, when I just came here @Kak called me a commie, today we are friends. Such is life.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
First of all, you deserved it, all of it. LOL Maybe not all… but … never mind.

Second of all, when I just came here @Kak called me a commie, today we are friends. Such is life.
Lol, don’t worry, I never took any offense. We’re cool :fistbump:

(Btw, It’s the Eastern European genes that make us butt heads — Eastern European men always fight each other :hilarious:. I also got in a fight with @Simon Angel who is from Bulgaria… MJ had to break us apart :rofl::innocent: :halo: — but we’re cool now, right Simon?!)

Also, @Kak also called me a commie many many years ago. Not to my face, but he suggested it, he’s diplomatic like that, doesn’t stoop to talk to the peasants :happy:

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
The best part about this forum is that its unapologetic. No filter. This forum will roast the shit out of you but if you're willing to improve your life and pursue freedom, this is one of the best places to be at.

OP, I got a challenge for you. Five years from now, please revisit this thread again

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
(Btw, It’s the Eastern European genes that make us butt heads — Eastern European men always fight each other :hilarious:. I also got in a fight with @Simon Angel who is from Bulgaria… MJ had to break us apart :rofl::innocent: :halo: — but we’re cool now, right Simon?!)

Lol, yeah, that was a classic forum moment. I wasn't too proud of what I said after-the-fact, wish I could have just punched you on the spot and made ammends a.k.a the real Eastern European way.

Since you've tagged me, I'll take this as an opportunity to share a lesson I learned from that ordeal.

Forget everything else for a sec and understand that you're too reactive and hostile. A prominent forum member said you have low IQ and that you'll never make it and his sympathizers (I'm being nice here, what I'm actually thinking is a$$ kissers) flock in agreement and gang up on you like we're still in high school. It's like getting into a fight and people shouting "Yeah! Kick his a$$, man!"

But here's the thing – you don't have to react to that. Fighting back on a forum (or anywhere else, really) to defend your honor/ego does not make you the bigger person nor does it do good for your stress levels.

I used to sound just like you when I got furious. I called people retards, I wished they'd teleport in front of me so I could strangle them and see how they'll talk to me then... overusing "lol" and "lmao" to show how much I "dgaf bro" and how clearly unaffected I was by their comments...

But it only got me in trouble and I didn't get to kick anyone's a$$. And a few years ago, a forum member (who essentially vanished) messaged me with something like this:

"Look, I relate to you, I know where you're coming from, but the path to growth for you is to let go of your ego and just not react. You don't have to reply, you can simply move on with your day knowing that you're right and they're wrong without convincing them of that (which often backfires, as you've just experienced) or fighting with them which just leads to more issues. Oh, and apologize for your own behaviour even though you felt you were wronged/attacked for no reason, because you're only responsible for your actions and what you did/said wasn't right."

And so I did. I haven't gotten into any fights since then, apart from telling off Johnny Boy when he called a forum member a "stinky, very smelly lady" in Chinese (this is who you're taking offense from) or when I see people recommending bleach as a cure-all (the unconventional, entrepreneurial lifestyle attracts people with an affinity for conspiracy theories and mistrust of governments/science/experts, sometimes rightfully so) but generally I just do my own thing and ignore the noise.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.