The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost my job. Give it to me straight how F*cked am i?

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
I just lost my job. I am applying to multiple jobs right now but this has totally stalled my progress towards where i want to be. HOw F*cked am i? I have enough to live off of for 4 months but I dont want to go backwards in progrses. Im 28 and i feel like time is running out to be truly free. how F*cked am i in this situation? Im applying to a bunch of places but i feel like hope is lost right now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I just lost my job. I am applying to multiple jobs right now but this has totally stalled my progress towards where i want to be. HOw F*cked am i? I have enough to live off of for 4 months but I dont want to go backwards in progrses. Im 28 and i feel like time is running out to be truly free. how F*cked am i in this situation? Im applying to a bunch of places but i feel like hope is lost right now.
Hey there OP...remember your username.

You said you got enough to buy you time for 4 months...and you have applied to multiple jobs.
That sounds like you actually have more going for you than you think. There's something that still can be done.

Maybe post your resume here and see if some of us can help improve it?
Also how have you been finding jobs so far? What thinking process/platform you've tried out?

You got any interviews yet?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
how F*cked am i in this situation?
It depends entirely on your own willingness to turn things around.

"Everything is lost" / "It is too late at X years old" are very familiar phrases that I used to poison my mind in the past.

If this is the story you're telling yourself, I'm afraid it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

We live in the most abundant times humanity has ever seen. Opportunities are everywhere, and their magnitude exceeds anything that has happened thus far on this planet.

Anyone of average intelligence but a superior work ethic can become wildly successful in a few short years.

Open your eyes and learn to see the world anew.

Then get to work and see how your life transforms, one day at a time.

Hey there OP...remember your username.
Going back to what I've said about today's opportunities.

If you are healthy, literate, speak English, know how to use a computer, and have internet access, you're very far from being @AgainstAllOdds7

You are, in fact, amongst the luckiest of men. You're already on the winning side of the coin.

What are you going to do with this amazing opportunity that has been given to you?

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
I might be a broke farmer (not a Fastlane), but I will still say this: I don't see the point of these posts that is all about a job. It's name is TheFastLaneForum, not LifeJobs or we talk about any shit here.

Also, the description is "The Fastlane Forum is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on the CENTS Entrepreneurial Framework as outlined in the best-selling books by MJ DeMarco The Millionaire Fastlane, UNSCRIPTED, and The Great Rat Race Escape.". We should keep in mind this.

To be on topic: people should advise you to find something just to survive, but the main goal (and advice) should be: -how to start moving the ball of entrepreneurship. All the other discussions are the opposite of the main idea of this forum.

(some comments, as heavy_industry's one, are gold, the other tips are not for this place; in my opinion, of course)

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
You have four months runway not four days. Don’t panic.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
I just lost my job. I am applying to multiple jobs right now but this has totally stalled my progress towards where i want to be. HOw F*cked am i? I have enough to live off of for 4 months but I dont want to go backwards in progrses. Im 28 and i feel like time is running out to be truly free. how F*cked am i in this situation? Im applying to a bunch of places but

If you panic at losing a job, despite having 4 F*cking months of survival runway, it is high time you do some serious retrospection: are you even cut out for business!

I feel like hope is lost right now.

you will get a job, that too pretty soon!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
4 months and you're worried now?

I took 3 months off to work on my own business. When I started running low, looked for a job and found one and started working in 2 weeks. This was 6 months ago.

Unless you believe you are unemployable, not sure what you are stressing about.

Now if you're trying to go Fastlane, you got 4 months. What can you start today? Can you line up a job at month 3 or 4 but work on going Fastlane in the meantime?

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
4 months? You're worried about 4 months?

Life is throwing you a small challenge, rather than thinking you're F*cked, embrace it. Your perspective may be limited, but truthfully, this is nothing.

If I stop working today, I've got 3 weeks.

Now is a good time to not only find a new base income but also start working on your side hustles.

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
I just signed up for Lyft and made $250 my first day. I’ll be fine and I’m hearing back from places. I may do this everyday as I feel in control of my time and can listen to audio books all day and can do it whenever. Panic is gone thanks m.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I think you're pretty screwed but it's because of your low intelligence and not really anything to do with your circumstances which are actually pretty irrelevant on a long time scale.

You seem pretty simple, like if I showed you a picture of a frown it would make you sad too, or if I hid an apple under a cloth you would think that it disappeared and doesn't exist anymore.

NGMI

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
I think you're pretty screwed but it's because of your low intelligence and not really anything to do with your circumstances which are actually pretty irrelevant on a long time scale.

You seem pretty simple, like if I showed you a picture of a frown it would make you sad too, or if I hid an apple under a cloth you would think that it disappeared and doesn't exist anymore.

NGMI
I mean I’m going to be honest I’m pretty good right now and I’m back on track but YOUR post reeks of negativity and bringing others down and THAT is actually a good prediction YOU will never make it. But cheers though

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I mean I’m going to be honest I’m pretty good right now and I’m back on track but YOUR post reeks of negativity and bringing others down and THAT is actually a good prediction YOU will never make it. But cheers though
Perhaps. Thought you wanted it straight. This is actually what I think.

Look at the way you even type in your original post. You can't spell. There's about 20 things going on in the subtext of what you've written that tell me there's a giant amount of f*cked up things going on in your head and you are so, so, so short sighted, I wouldn't even hire someone like that for an entry level position at my company just pushing a lawn mower.

So yes, I think you are F*cked and it's entirely because of your brain being not as good as other people's at thinking. I actually truly believe this with all of my heart. Just because it's also funny to say it is a nice touch. I haven't even met you, I've just seen this type of communication so many times. I fired a guy just like you literally this morning. I didn't, the manager I hired fired him for me.

My honest advice is to go just get a job or try something that takes a different...type of abilities I guess....like a rapper or something.

Last edited:

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth

Look at the way you even type in your original post. You can't spell. There's about 20 things going on in the subtext of what you've written that tell me there's a giant amount of f*cked up things going on in your head and you are so, so, so short sighted, I wouldn't even hire someone like that for an entry level position at my company just pushing a lawn mower.

So yes, I think you are F*cked and it's entirely because of your brain being not as good as other people's at thinking. I actually truly believe this with all of my heart. Just because it's also funny to say it is a nice touch. I haven't even met you, I've just seen this type of communication so many times. I fired a guy just like you literally this morning. I didn't, the manager I hired fired him for me.

My honest advice is to go just get a job or try something that takes a different...type of abilities I guess....like a rapper or something.
I think you are the biggest douchebag member of this forum, but in 99% of cases you are right and your opinion reflects the reality. It's just a reality which hurts the listener. Maybe ego, maybe poor mindset and empty pockets.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I think you are the biggest douchebag member of this forum, but in 99% of cases you are right and your opinion reflects the reality. It's just a reality which hurts the listener. Maybe ego, maybe poor mindset and empty pockets.
That's an absurdly high percentage of being right but I'll take it, thanks G.

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023

Damn didn’t realize they’re were straight bitch made losers on this forum. Guess they’re everywhere and can’t escape them.

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023

By the way I can bet my a$$ I’m more successful than you in almost every area such as skills girls and the gym. If you want to go there we can and show recipes

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
He doesn’t even know me and he’s making these presumptions. Internet warriors nowadays if this was real life he wouldn’t have the BALLD to say it to my face

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
By the way I can bet my a$$ I’m more successful than you in almost every area such as skills girls and the gym. If you want to go there we can and show recipes
$1000 bet to compare our lives? Please please please say yes.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Damn didn’t realize they’re were straight bitch made losers on this forum. Guess they’re everywhere and can’t escape them.
Man you are on an entrepreneur forum criying about "only" 4 months to get another job and "you are so F*ck up" and then calling successful members of the forum "straight bitch made loser"... I mean come on do you have any self-awareness ? You are just kind of proving his point / projecting your situation.

Better take two weeks off here and get some results, a job or make some cash with a side hustle. Use the anger to prove him wrong or something but this name calling it's just ridiculous

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Losing your job is good.

Job = Slavery

Time is running out to be truly free while you’re working that job bro.

Now freedom begins.

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
$1000 bet to compare our lives? Please please please say yes.

Losing your job is good.

Job = Slavery

Time is running out to be truly free while you’re working that job bro.

Now freedom begins.
I feel it I feel freed from shackles and I have a game plan. I wrote this in a state of panic as I’m still stuck in the slow land mindset and adjusting to the new improved way of doing things

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
I feel it I feel freed from shackles and I have a game plan. I wrote this in a state of panic as I’m still stuck in the slow land mindset and adjusting to the new improved way of doing things

The Game Plan is always like this:

1. Get a job ..
2. ...

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
You know for a forum that supposedly encourages breaking free y’all are some negairive losers lmfao
Lex Seville looking like a god damn caveman. We are Homo sapiens get with the program Brodie

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
  1. You asked for advice on how to deal with life and its sorrows.
  2. You received some advice.
  3. You completely ignored all the advice.
  4. You got deeply offended by a random comment.
  5. You changed your avatar to a shirtless picture, started bragging about your life and stroking your ego.
  6. You then proceeded to insult us - i.e. the same people you asked for advice at point #1.

I am not the one to decide the future, but with this level of emotional maturity and insight, the prospects are not very optimistic.

Did you behave in the same manner when you got fired?

Did you take off your shirt and call your employer a loser?

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
  5. You changed your avatar to a shirtless picture, started bragging about your life and stroking your ego.
  6. You then proceeded to insult us - i.e. the same people you asked for advice at point #1.

I am not the one to decide the future, but with this level of emotional maturity and insight, the prospects are not very optimistic.

He's just trying to prove @Johnny boy 's point! That all!

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Take a deep breath. Go for a walk.

Get another job.

Grow a business on the side.

These might help:

AgainstAllOdds7

Contributor
X MODERATED X
Dec 18, 2023
O

rhe people who gave advice i listened but then there were dick heads like yourself that just said nope there’s no hope. I didn’t get fired we all got layed off due to the company going over

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.