The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
556%
Apr 17, 2022
They will envy you for your success, for your wealth, for your intelligence, for your looks, for your status—but rarely for your wisdom.
They will envy the event, while completely ignoring the process that has created it.

I've seen plenty of people that envy success, but I've never seen anyone envying decades of strategic thinking, focus, discipline, delayed gratification and daily process execution.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230505-200140_WhatsApp.png
    Screenshot_20230505-200140_WhatsApp.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 18

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Little known law allows Police in FL to evict squatters if they are not former renters.

Wow, just wow at the story of these grifters, pouring concrete down drains and destruction of property. Nothing validates my decision to stay away from rental real estate as the law favors nefarious actors, not landlords. I'll stick to liquid REITS and take my 8% a year with no headaches.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Amazon AWS study shows 90% savings by not using AWS (slight exageration).

"The new paper, though, seems to confirm a couple of suspicions among developers. One is that AWS-recommended solutions may not be the most cost-effective, as they invariably involve using multiple costly services."

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Amazon AWS study shows 90% savings by not using AWS (slight exageration).

"The new paper, though, seems to confirm a couple of suspicions among developers. One is that AWS-recommended solutions may not be the most cost-effective, as they invariably involve using multiple costly services."

Amazon has to make their margin on something.

Funny how this was a 'suspicion' :rofl:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I went for a quick rip on my mountain bike today. I moved over to let a guy pass me who I could hear coming up behind me on some single track. After he went by I decided I would push myself harder and try to keep up. I was able to stick with him for maybe 20 seconds before he started to pull away. By the end of the trail I could no longer even see or hear him.

Moral of the story. No matter how good you think you are, someone will come by and absolute humble you without even trying. Surround yourself with people who are better than you.

Thanks to that little burst of getting my a$$ handed to me, I probably rode a good 20% harder the rest of the ride than I would have normally.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Just a friendly reminder that an alarming number of people wanted to muzzle you, lock you in your home, and jam needles in your arm by force a few short years ago…

Voices for freedom, like mine, were dismissed and shamed. We. Were. Right.

The tyrants want to pretend like that didn’t happen.

I remember. It was exactly the people you’d expect.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Just a friendly reminder that an alarming number of people wanted to muzzle you, lock you in your home, and jam needles in your arm by force a few short years ago…

Those same ones who did it are literally now saying that they did not do it and are saying it was just a recommendation and if you stayed home and closed your business it was up to you.

Clown world indeed.

Togata

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Mar 22, 2021

Just a friendly reminder that the guy behind it is still free with no charge to his name, planning his next pandemic.
No fuss over him on the news.
He wrote a book on how to behave in the next pandemic.
Yes, the next pandemic, the crisis was really profitable for him and he will gladly repeat it.
After all, nothing can stop him.
The authorities made no official excuses for all the small businesses that took the hit, and people with unwanted side effects from the needle.
Sad world.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

Shoutout to those of us who resisted all of it. That’s true critical thinking abilities

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
Been running into a thought.

I know I'm wrong since the TFLM says there's money everywhere, meanwhile time is rare. I do believe in this. Therefore, my current situation makes me think there's no money. I do think I have this in mind because I run into some financial issues meanwhile the crisis grows more and more in France.

As an artist, I have the feeling that money is not everywhere, or maybe distributed weirdly. It is difficult to put words on my thought. I know that I am wrong but I need to think about a solution on how to get money as an artist and as an entrepreneur.

Did anyone run into a similar thought?

Cheers

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
As an artist, I have the feeling that money is not everywhere, or maybe distributed weirdly. It is difficult to put words on my thought. I know that I am wrong but I need to think about a solution on how to get money as an artist and as an entrepreneur.
Aha money is everywhere, in fact it's the most common thing in the world (except for walking into a room & forgetting why you're there). It might be script dogma you're fighting against. Let me explain.

I listed to Kyle Keegan's Show today & on Ep336 "The REAL Gap Between Rich & Poor" (fantastic episode, go listen to it) he went into depth on what differentiates these two classes of people. I was dropping my jaw throughout the entire episode because of how I shocked I was.

Here's some statistics for what poor people think about money:

90% said that think the rich inherit wealth.
79% said that wealth was luck.
90% said that fate determines wealth.

But here's the kicker - The wealthy think the exact opposite. Near 0%.

Coincidence? I think not.

These mindsets only shoot yourself in the foot. There's not a boogey man holding all the gold coins and only giving it to a small few. I don't believe it's "distributed weirdly" - I'd argue the money distributes itself depending on the value you provide.

For those at the back, I'll say that again!

The money distributes itself on the value YOU provide. Not Sally, James or Mark. You.

I know I'm wrong since the TFLM says there's money everywhere, meanwhile time is rare.
It goes the same for this too - time isn't rare, that's just what people say to except themselves from recognising that they make a choice.

The choice to not plan the day.
The choice to lay on the couch & binge.
The choice to smoke God knows what.
The choice to excessively drink.
The choice to procrastinate.
The choice to spent hours on YouTube, TikTok, other brain rot.

It's all choices & we are the arbiters of what we choose to do. I find that quite freeing.

As a good friend of mine always quotes "you are where you deserve to be".

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Therefore, my current situation makes me think there's no money. I do think I have this in mind because I run into some financial issues meanwhile the crisis grows more and more in France.
Walk outside. Look around. Add up the value of the houses, cars, land etc. that you see. Millions...everywhere you look. You almost can't "not" see it.

I know that I am wrong but I need to think about a solution on how to get money as an artist and as an entrepreneur.
One of the issues you will face as an artist is you will always be creating...rarely profiting. Use your experience as an entrepreneur to repeat something profitably.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
One of the issues you will face as an artist is you will always be creating...rarely profiting. Use your experience as an entrepreneur to repeat something profitably.
This.

A friend of mine is a art dealer. Specializing in furniture from the 1900’s. Once he told me that the ‘traders’ are making the real money.

Maybe as a creator it’s best to find a patreon? So you can focus on creating (if that’s what you want). Just thinking and typing out loud.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I don't understand why there isn't an option to prevent Youtube "Shorts" from looping. Apparently, the infinite looping is a "feature". I despise it. If you scroll the page, the next one automatically starts playing and then looping. A lot of people complain, I don't get it.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Don't homeschool because your child will lose amazing opportunities

I can't image what normal kids go through in high-school these days. It looks crazy and violent. My friend's son dropped out and got his GED. The teachers just played the radio in class to keep the students calm, and then passed them to get rid of them. Nobody learned a thing, but it was better than getting beat up by a student. There's probably a market for private "we will beat your kids a$$" schools, not for problem kids, but for normal kids.

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
Aha money is everywhere, in fact it's the most common thing in the world (except for walking into a room & forgetting why you're there). It might be script dogma you're fighting against. Let me explain.

I listed to Kyle Keegan's Show today & on Ep336 "The REAL Gap Between Rich & Poor" (fantastic episode, go listen to it) he went into depth on what differentiates these two classes of people. I was dropping my jaw throughout the entire episode because of how I shocked I was.

Here's some statistics for what poor people think about money:

90% said that think the rich inherit wealth.
79% said that wealth was luck.
90% said that fate determines wealth.

But here's the kicker - The wealthy think the exact opposite. Near 0%.

Coincidence? I think not.

These mindsets only shoot yourself in the foot. There's not a boogey man holding all the gold coins and only giving it to a small few. I don't believe it's "distributed weirdly" - I'd argue the money distributes itself depending on the value you provide.

For those at the back, I'll say that again!

The money distributes itself on the value YOU provide. Not Sally, James or Mark. You.

It goes the same for this too - time isn't rare, that's just what people say to except themselves from recognising that they make a choice.

The choice to not plan the day.
The choice to lay on the couch & binge.
The choice to smoke God knows what.
The choice to excessively drink.
The choice to procrastinate.
The choice to spent hours on YouTube, TikTok, other brain rot.

It's all choices & we are the arbiters of what we choose to do. I find that quite freeing.

As a good friend of mine always quotes "you are where you deserve to be".
Means a lot to me, thanks for clarifying. I will definitely change my mind about money. It's true that it is everywhere. I think the reason of my mindset is that I stay much in my room working hard instead of working intelligent. I try to work intelligent but I may be wrong on many things. I should learn more.

Thanks for your wise words.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
Before he was a big-time comedian, Hasan Minhaj was asked if he thought he was going to become a big-time comedian.

“I don’t like that question,” he said. “I fundamentally don’t like that question.”

Because that question implies that he is only doing comedy as a means to some end (success, money, fame, etc.).

“No, no, no,” he said, “The set I get to do tonight at 7:20 PM is the win. I get to do comedy—I won. It being predicated on doing X or being bigger than Y—no, no, no. To me, it’s always just been about the work."

"The work is the win,"

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't understand why there isn't an option to prevent Youtube "Shorts" from looping. Apparently, the infinite looping is a "feature". I despise it. If you scroll the page, the next one automatically starts playing and then looping. A lot of people complain, I don't get it.
Playforms make more money the longer people stay.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Before he was a big-time comedian, Hasan Minhaj was asked if he thought he was going to become a big-time comedian.

“I don’t like that question,” he said. “I fundamentally don’t like that question.”

Because that question implies that he is only doing comedy as a means to some end (success, money, fame, etc.).

“No, no, no,” he said, “The set I get to do tonight at 7:20 PM is the win. I get to do comedy—I won. It being predicated on doing X or being bigger than Y—no, no, no. To me, it’s always just been about the work."

"The work is the win,"
I love this.

I get paid to chat to business owners every week.

I get paid to help folks keep a roof over their head.

"If money was no object what work would you be doing." (Craig Desorcey)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If someone… Anyone on the planet… would choose you, stop sucking immediately.

IMG_9634.jpeg
Also, if your grammar is this terrible… Be smarter.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Curious, what is the point of messaging a platform and asking about paying for a "Guest Post" when you have no intention on actually doing it?

The forum literally, yes literally, gets 10 cold-emails daily saying "We want to pay Fastlane for a guest post."

In the last 3 years I think the forum has received around 10,000 of these inquiries. You know how many actually wrote (and paid) for a guest post?

A big fat ZERO. Yes, 0%.

At this point, we don't even respond any longer. We don't even forward the instructions.

Insta-delete.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Not a great start to the new banking crisis.

FvY9lHsakAAa_H7

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Saw this...

“I don’t like that question,” he said.

“I fundamentally don’t like that question.”

"The work is the win"

Being an entrepreneur and in control over your life IS THE WIN. The benefits and outcomes just make it all that much better.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I just found out that error 403 FORBIDDEN ERROR is a thing.

Like bro, when did Google ads turn into a dnd campaign.

Just when I thought my website was fine... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Well at least I won't have to go through that error again and I have chatgpt to help me troubleshoot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.