The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your legacy.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. What will make your legacy? What will you be known for? What will your entrepreneurial efforts create? What value will your create that will change the world?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
I know I want to have my mark on the education market. Also, there are 40% people who are living below poverty in India, and getting them employed will be something that I will love to look back in my life when I am 90 and be truly happy about.

But your legacy is something which will evolve over time, as you explore the world and the market more, as you explore yourself more and get more self aware things will get more clear. Having a business plan with monthly check and adjustments will help, i think.

There is a great book on this called Managing Oneself by Peter Drucker. It talks about values and contributions.

Lets say you want to be a successful basketball player, maybe that is your value. But if you are just 5 ft 4 inch tall, your body is clearly not built to be successful in basketball. Now maybe your strength is in computer programming. Clearly you are in a difficult situation right now, and you have to make a choice.

If there is a conflict between your personal value and strength you will feel that your strength is something that you don’t want to devote your whole life into. If you are able to contribute such that your strength and values are in congruence you are gold. But only a few can do that.

There is a great video about this by an Indian Entrepreneur (Bhavin Turakhia, he is just 36 years old) who just sold his company Media.net for $900 million. He owns over a dozen companies and that was the valuation for just one of his company. This is a clear example of someone who found his strength and value in congruence and contributed on what he is really good at. Here is a video of him, i suggest everyone should watch it -

The dude is a boss, he lives his life to the fullest.

div2.jpg

For me being able to employ a 1000 people in my business will make me happy. Of course, its going to add to my headache but it definitely hits my core value.

In The Millionaire Fastlane MJ talks about making a money tree that is passive so that you can work on you values without worrying about getting punched in the face by the competitive marketplace. I think a lot of people do that and its really awesome as well.

I think the key is to realize that you just cannot find your value by sitting on a chair and thinking, because so much is unknown to you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.